PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th

Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.thenoosagift.com/

THE NOOSA GIFT
Hosted By: Noosa Little Athletics & The Queensland Athletic League

LOCATION: The 2nd Noosa Gift Carnival will be conducted on the grass track at Read Park, Tewantin.
This is the White Picketed Cricket Oval located at the western end of Poinciana Ave, (The main street of Tewantin). Tewantin is about 3km up river from Noosa Heads.

DATE:
Sunday 9th October 2011

100m Noosa Surf Club Noosa Gift - $5,000 (18m Limit)

70m Pacific Ford Dash - $750 (16m Limit)

300m Murray Surveyors Gallop - $1,000

100m Ladies Consolation Final - $500
( Fastest 8 Ladies from Noosa Gift Heats/Semis Qualify)

ENTRIES CLOSE: Fri 23rd September 2011 (No Late Entries)

For entries see: http://www.qal.org.au/index.html

Last edited by Admin on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.thenoosagift.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=53

The Noosa Heads Surf Club 2011 Noosa Gift race has a prize purse of $5000.

The 2011 Noosa Gift Athletics Carnival will be run on Sunday the 9th October.

We'll keep you posted, see you all in Noosa during October 2011!

The Noosa Gift Event Aim:

It is proposed to conduct the 2nd Annual Noosa Gift Carnival that incorporates both Professional Sprint Races for men and women athletes and Little A’s children’s events.

The aim is to establish a link between our younger local children and teenage athletes, who can aspire to athletic careers that utilize the Queensland Athletic League (QAL) as a catalyst for personal improvement. It is proposed that this type of sprinting exhibition event will instil a sense of education and excitement into a young athlete’s mindset while watching the adult athletes compete in the Gift events. The QAL registered athletes are generally drawn from aspiring track and beach team athletes vying for both State and National selection.

All Queensland Little Athletic Centres see a decline in membership in the older teen ages. This event helps to provide continuity and education to our talented Sunshine Coast children while giving the professionally registered athletes a carnival in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. The flow on effects for our local community is expected to be increased in the ensuing years as Noosa Little Athletics moves across to our new Girraween Sports complex to be constructed by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council. It is expected that this carnival will then grow in both size and status and incorporate more events.

Within the Club perspective the Athletics Carnival is consistent with the mission statement of the QLAA in that the program “aims to develop children of all abilities by promoting positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle through family and community involvement in Athletic activities”.

Date: Sunday 9th October 2011

Feature Adult Mens and Womens Professional Races and Sponsorship Purses:

• The Noosa Gift 100m ($5000 Prize Purse)

• Open 300m Gallop ($1000 Prize Purse)

• Open 70m Sprint ($750 Prize Purse)

• Ladies Gift Consolation Final ($500 Prize Purse)

2010 Noosa Gift RESULTS
1 Andrew Hodges (10.50) 10.266
2 Jack Conway (5.75) 10.288
3 Patrick Box (12.00) 10.386
4 Robert Hooper (13.00) 10.397
5 Mitchell Delacy (9.50) 10.601
6 Ian Wyborn (6.75) 10.635

3 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
The 100m Noosa Gift is on this Sunday 9th October.

There are 6 Gift heats with the event backmarker - Stawell 3rd placegetter and Ballarat Gift winner Andrew McCabe.

Also in the field is Stawell finalist Paul Cracroft-Wilson.

Stawell Gift winner Mitch Williams-Swain won't be running this weekend.

Hopefully Protrack will have results by Monday.

4 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Andrew Hodges, centre, in action during last year’s Noosa
Gift. Hodges has withdrawn from this year’s event because of injury.

Defending champ out of Noosa Gift

By Steele Taylor
Sunshine Coast Daily
9th October 2011

TODAY'S Noosa Gift will boast a red-hot line-up but a disappointing defending champion Andrew Hodges won't be among it after he was frustratingly forced to withdraw from the lucrative event yesterday.

The Buderim-born athlete said he was "in the form of my life" before being cut down by a hamstring tear a fortnight ago.

He was desperate to recover in time for today's 100m dash but realised he wouldn't be able to start in the $5000 race at Read Park after speaking to a physiotherapist on Friday.

"I really wanted to run," he said before reflecting on the injury.

"I was doing a decathlon in Townsville and did a small tear in my hamstring during the long jump.

"I was running down the long jump track and was about four steps from the board during my third jump when I did it.

"During the first week after the decathlon I rested, used ice and compression and in the second week I was doing some strides over 100m to try and get back, but I'm not back to full fitness yet."

The injury is an ill-timed blow to Hodges, who was building nicely for the summer events ahead of next year's Olympic qualifying national championships.

"I was in the form of my life," he said.

"They reckon I did it (hamstring tear) in the long jump because I wasn't used to running at that speed."

But Hodges will be back on track soon and hopes to rediscover his strong form.

"I need another week's recovery. I'm hoping to do the Fairholme Gift in Toowoomba over 70m," Hodges said.

"I've then got another decathlon at the Gold Coast at the end of November and from there I will be in two decathlons and then the national championships."

Hodges was set to go off a mark of 8.5m in today's Noosa Gift.

His absence will leave the door slightly ajar for the rest of the high-quality field, which includes backmarker Andrew McCabe (4m), who finished third in Australia's premier handicap race, the Stawell Gift, before winning the Ballarat Gift.

The Olympics relay aspirant will be challenged by the likes of the Anang brothers, Tetteh (of 5.5m) and Nii-Adjety (7.25m), along with Corey Cottrell (5m) Ian Wyborn (7m) and Josh McCabe (7m).

Youngster Mitchell Delacy, from the Glasshouse Mountains, is set to run off a handicap of 8m.

A field of more than 200 talented runners have entered into this year's carnival, which includes a host of divisions and starts at 9am, with the feature race at 2.45pm.

NOOSA GIFT CARNIVAL
Feature professional races include:
• The Noosa Gift 100m $5000
• The 300m Gallop $1000
• The 70m Dash $750
• Ladies Consolation Final $500

5 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
The 2011 Noosa Gift over 100m was won by Patrick Box off 10.50m in the slick time of 10.13secs.

Box (8.00m) took out a double, winning the 70m as well in 7.30s.

Josh McCabe (20m) won the 300m in 33.11s.

I believe the track was very good, ideal for sprinting.

Hopefully we can get the details of the all placegetters published on Protrack in the next few days.

6 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:39 am

MR. T

Just curious, how would they go about handicapping Victorians in the QAL?

7 Re: Noosa Gift (QAL) - Sun October 9th on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Rover

Ask 2E, he's been to qld and won a sash.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum