PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL »  Kelso (Scottish Border Games) Reports & RESULTS

Kelso (Scottish Border Games) Reports & RESULTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.hawick-news.co.uk/sport/local-sport/defending_sprint_champion_weir_vows_to_give_things_a_go_1_1707841

Defending sprint champion Weir vows to ‘give things a go’

By John Slorance
Hawick News
Friday 1 July 2011

HAWICK’S Ross Weir is in great shape for tomorrow’s Kelso Games and has set his sights on retaining the 100m handicap title he won at Poynder Park last year, writes John Slorance.

And what’s more he could well do this, for on his showing at Sunday’s Peebles Beltane Sports – in which the 51-year-old athlete was beaten into second place in the final of the 110m handicap by Callum Murray of TLJT in a photo finish – Weir is in with a real chance of making it two in a row.

Speaking to the Hawick News this week, he said: “I was a bit surprised with the way I ran at Peebles, as I didn’t expect to do so well. Just getting into the final pleased me, so to come near to actually winning was a bonus.

“I’ve been happy with my running this season and I’m hoping to do well at Kelso, and will certainly be giving things a go. Anything can happen, though, and only time will tell.

“I’m still enjoying my running even though I’m getting on a bit in years.

“And I’m lucky enough to train with a good squad of runners. The banter is always good, but everybody trains hard as well!”

David Hush (20.5m), another beaten finalist at Peebles, David Lauder (11.5m), Douglas Prowse (9.5m), Ryan Trimby (13.5m), Dylan Ali (10m) and David Rae (10m) also all go for Hawick in the sprint.

Rory Anderson, who came second in the 800 and 1600m handicaps at Selkirk Games is set to compete over the same distances at Kelso. He has been placed on a mark of 60m in the half-mile and 125 metres in the mile. After having won the Peebles mile handicap from 410m, Gary Law has been pulled 15m for the Kelso mile.

Sisters Amy (14.5m) and Nicole Campbell (9m), Philippa Robertson (10m), Barrie McLean (13m), Jay McCartney (12m), Calum Murray (17.5m), Calum Renwick (10.5m) and Ronan McKean (12m) get down on their marks in the junior 100m handicap for Hawick.

In the youths’ 100 metres handicap, Jack Wilson (8.5m), Corey Wilson (7m), Matthew Bell (18.5m), Darcy Graham (14m), Lewis Elliot (20m), Kyle Brunton (17m), Conor McKay (7m) and Bethan Douglas (12.5m) are the young Teries in action.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
KELSO BORDER GAMES REPORT.
July 4th 2011

Rory Anderson did just that in the open 800 metre open as roared past Graham Gibson to win in 1min 58.63sec Andrew Thompson Jed AC took third place , Greig Gibson, Selkirk fourth and Stuart Somervail , Jed AC fifth.

Euan Pettigrew was too strong for the other younger competitors in the Kelso Confined 100 metre event winning from Josh Abbott and Liam Herdman in 12.48sec.

Bruce Scott was victorious in the open 100 metre event with a clear win from David Hush , Hawick and Graeme Armstrong , Edinburgh in 10.89sec

Dead heat was the result in the Junior 100 metre with the Judges unable to split Calum Renwick , Hawick & Josh Dougall, TLJT. Third place went to Barrie McLean , Hawick. Winning time was 13.28sec.

Darcy Graham , Hawick was the clear winner of the 100 metre Youth`s in 11.42sec with Ben Robbins down from Edinburgh taking second place and Olivia Hood , Leithenburn third.

A multitude of runners came into the finishing straight of the Youth/Junior 800 metre event and it was Euan Hood , Moorfoot who took the tape in 2min 05.5sec from Leithenburn`s Rian Dougal and Poppy Marples , Moorfoot.

The Queens Head Youth Mile was a closely contested affair in the pack of runners but they were unable to peg back the two front markers. Craig Angus , Leithenburn winning in 4min 44.83sec Marshall Smith Gala Harriers was second and Jacob Adkin , third.

Colin Welsh running in his home town was the clear winner of the 1600 metre open in 4min 27.42sec from Stuart Somervail , Jed AC and Rory Anderson , Hawick in third place.

The Open 200 metre with a first prize of £300 was the day`s main event and it was a cracker. Graham Lister came down in distance from his favoured 800 metre and his strength showed taking the tape from Geoff Keen , Selkirk and Graeme Armstrong , Edinburgh in a fast 21.12sec.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum