PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally Pearson happy with her 400m in 53.86

Sally Pearson happy with her 400m in 53.86

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sally Pearson happy with her 400m in 53.86 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/sally-pearson-in-good-korea-shape/story-e6frecj3-1226069346666

Sally Pearson in good Korea shape
By Damien Stannard
Sunday Mail (SA)
June 05, 2011

COMMONWEALTH Games hurdles champ Sally Pearson is counting down the days on two fronts.

She's crossing off the sleeps until she leaves Australia for the Athletics World Championships and until she no longer has to endure vomit-inducing speed endurance sets.

One of those was ticked off yesterday when she raced over her least-favoured distance, 400m, at the Gold Coast.

Every year her coach Sharon Hannan prescribes either a 400m, a 400m hurdles or even an 800m test of stamina for the sprint-hurdler.

And every year Pearson dutifully accepts the challenge, if not quite welcoming it.

She knows it is all for a good cause - building strength, in her quest for a first world title in South Korea in September.

"I'm definitely counting sleeps," Pearson said.

"I've been training really well but I'm ready for some competition. We're getting into some fast stuff, which I'm happy about because I'm sick of being sick at the end of training."

Pearson, 24, raced her Gold Coast clubmates yesterday, finishing in 53.86sec.

"I'm really happy with that. I'm happy with her speed endurance but also her mental strength," Hannan said.

The other standout performance from yesterday was Canberra-based Chris Troode, who put up his hand for a world championships 4x400m relay berth with 46.04sec - the third-fastest performance by an Australian this year.

The first race of Pearson's European campaign is at the Diamond League meet in Lausanne, Switzerland, on June 30.

One of her toughest rivals, Canadian Priscilla Lopes-Schliep, is five months pregnant and will not be competing this season.

But there remains plenty of stiff competition for the Queenslander, both in Europe and at the IAAF world championships.

Jamaica's world champion Brigitte Foster-Hylton is back from from an injury-ruined 2010 season.

Pearson said American trio Kellie Wells, Lolo Jones and Dawn Harper, and Sweden's Susanna Kallur had set the early benchmark this season.

"I think I'm in just as good a shape as those girls. I'll be going in a lot fresher than them and I'm looking forward to it," she said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum