PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Today at 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Today at 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Yesterday at 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Yesterday at 7:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Liam Adams wins Uni athlete of the Year

Liam Adams wins Uni athlete of the Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Liam Adams wins Uni athlete of the Year on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/liam-adams-man-on-a-mission/2182082.aspx

Liam Adams: Man on a mission
BY EUGENE BENSON
Maribyrnong Weekly
01 Jun, 2011

VICTORIAN University cross country champion Liam Adams, pictured, has been named the Male Athlete of the Year at the 2010 Australian University Sports Awards - for the second time.

The 24-year-old students said he was shocked to win. He attended the recent award's night as a past winner because he won in 2008.

Adams is studying his final year of a Bachelor of Exercise Science at VU's Footscray Campus. He beat students from 42 universities to win the award.

"It was definitely a shock and I'm not sure I deserved it this year."

Adams believes his performances lately have been "sub-standard" because of a lingering chest infection.

He hopes to regain his form soon and is aiming at a spot on Australia's athletics team heading to the London Olympics next year.

While cross-country is not an Olympic sport, Adams is considering altering his training to compete in the 5000 or 10,000-metre event, or perhaps his first marathon if he makes the team.

"In this sport, your peak physical performance improves to a certain point with age and experience."

Last year, Adams, who competes for Athletics Essendon, won silver at the World University cross country championships in Canada and was the first Australian to finish the 12-kilometre open men's world cross country championships in Poland, his best performance to date.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum