PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Tarryn Fisher can't wait for Stawell

Tarryn Fisher can't wait for Stawell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tarryn Fisher can't wait for Stawell on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.macedonrangesweekly.com.au/news/local/news/general/stawell-gift-teen-sprinter-laps-up-fun/2137769.aspx

Stawell Gift: Teen sprinter laps up fun
BY ANGELA VALENTE
Macedon Ranges Weekly
19 Apr, 2011

MACEDON'S Tarryn Fisher is one of eight athletes from the shire competing in the Stawell Gift this Easter.

Tarryn, 17, will compete in grass events, including the women's 120, 400 and novice 100-metre events, from Friday to Monday. It will be the third time she's competing in Stawell, having come third in an under-17, 100m handicap last year.

"Training and running with other people is really fun, good fun. There is always something to aim for," she says.

"Grass is a good surface to run on. If I'm in it [Gift] I'm always going to have a chance [of winning], you'll have to see on the day."

Tarryn has been involved in little athletics clubs since she was 11 and is now a member of Keilor Street Bernard's Athletics Club. She trains with long-distance Woodend runner Gordon Muir, who has become her mentor.

Muir will run the 1600-metre race and open events in

Stawell and also the 3200-metre open event.

Kyneton's Graham Smith, Romsey's Don Martin, Lancefield's Dan Martin and Woodend's Ben and Dan Toman, and Indiana Cooper will also compete.

Thousands of spectators are expected to watch the 12-second famous footrace at Stawell's Central Park, with the winner walking away with $40,000.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum