PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Luke Hogbin aiming for the Stawell Gift Final

Luke Hogbin aiming for the Stawell Gift Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Luke Hogbin aiming for the Stawell Gift Final on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.macedonrangesweekly.com.au/news/local/news/general/stawell-gift-luke-makes-run-for-money/2137774.aspx

Stawell Gift: Luke makes run for money
BY CHARLOTTE CULLUM JENKINS
Macedon Ranges Weekly
19 Apr, 2011

SUNBURY'S Luke Hogbin is hoping to make it to this year's final of the Stawell Gift.

After two years off the track, the 26-year-old (pictured) has resumed training and aims to fulfil his goal. "I've done athletics all my life and one of my goals has been to compete on that day [in Stawell Gift]."

In his first attempt at Stawell, Luke will compete in his favourite event - the 100-metre sprint.

In readiness for the event, he has been competing in gifts around Victoria, and said he's achieved some good results and feels ready for Stawell.

"It's been a good lead-up. I've also been in the gym every day running and working on my legs."

He has also been competing in fun runs, including the Run for the Kids on the weekend.

He already has his sights set on next year's final should he fail to make it this year.

Luke has been involved in Little Athletics since he was nine and is now a personal trainer.

The final of the Stawell Gift, on April 26, marks the 130th running of Australia's most famous footrace.

Thousands of spectators are expected to cheer on the runners during the approximate 12-second race. The winner receives $40,000.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum