PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Gift Winner's Gift Field confirmed

Gift Winner's Gift Field confirmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gift Winner's Gift Field confirmed on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Best of the best confirmed for Gift Winner’s Gift at Stawell
The field is set for the Stawell Gold Mines Gift Winners’ Gift following confirmation that the
winners of the biggest races on the Australian professional athletics calendar will compete for
bragging rights and a winner-take-all prize purse at Central Park on Easter Tuesday.

The invitational event will feature the winners of six professional Gift meetings from around the
country including Jordan Caldow (Bay Sheffield, SA), Robbie James (Burnie, TAS), Matt
Carter (Maryborough, VIC), Patrick Elliott (Queanbeyan, NSW) and Matthew Hargreaves
(Woodside, VIC) who will join 2010 Australia Post Stawell Gift champion Tom Burbidge in the
event.

The total prize pool for the Stawell Gold Mines Gift Winners’ Gift is $6250, with the winner
collecting $5000 and the remaining five athletes receiving a $250 participation prize.

The Stawell Gold Mines Gift Winners’ Gift will be run over 120m, with the six competitors starting
on their current handicap at the time of the Easter carnival. The race will be the last of the
carnival and will be run after the final of the 2011 Australia Post Stawell Gift.

Reigning Australia Post Stawell Gift champion, Tom Burbidge admits that while he may not be in
peak form due to a recurring back injury, he is looking forward to getting out there on the track
and finishing off the season on a high note.

“It’s been a tough season, but I have been been working closely with my coach and training hard
to maintain my fitness levels despite being quite restricted,” he said.

“I don’t like my chances of being the Stawell Gift champion again, so it will be good to have
another great race out there to compete in.
“I was in pre-season form until Christmas when the injury returned following a meet in
Tasmania.

“It has taken some time to recover but I’m feeling good. I am getting some fitness and strength
back and am keen to get out there and race, especially against my training partner Patrick Elliott
who won at Queanbeyan.

“I know that some of the guys I’m up against are very capable runners and will put up a strong
contest.

“I’m actually looking forward to the carnival in general this year, a chance to relax and have a
fun time amongst the great atmosphere,” Burbidge concluded.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Gift Winner's Gift Field confirmed on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Ballarat Gift winner missing?

Interesting that the second richest race in the country - certainly one with more prestige than a couple of the races that do have winners in the event - is not represented.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum