PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » SANTOS Track among best in Australia - Tamsyn

SANTOS Track among best in Australia - Tamsyn

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SANTOS Track among best in Australia - Tamsyn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/tamsyn-lewis-praises-santos-stadium-track/story-e6frecj3-1226038115160

Tamsyn Lewis praises Santos Stadium track
By Warren Partland
The Advertiser
April 13, 2011

OLYMPIAN Tamsyn Lewis has applauded the Santos Stadium track as one of Australia's best training venues.
Lewis has trained on the Rekortan synthetic track, overhauled at a cost of $1.7 million, since it opened last month and has been vocal in praising the facility.

And the high-profile middle distance runner has backed Athletics SA's bid for grand prix meets, claiming the state deserves recognition for now having "one of the best tracks in Australia, if not the best".

"I love it," she said. "The previous track was not up to scratch - it was really hard and tough to run on. It was like running on concrete.

"You could run quick times on the old track years ago but it had deteriorated. Now it is one of the best in Australia and they definitely should bring a grand prix meet to Adelaide."

Lewis moved to Adelaide at the start of the year to be with partner Graham Manou and was forced to train on grass because the Mile End venue was closed while the track was re-laid.

For quality speed sessions she regularly returned to Melbourne. Her immediate goal is the national championships in Melbourne this weekend and then she will aim at the European season.

"Training on the grass might have been a blessing in disguise because I'm having a great season," Lewis said. "I did some great work in Adelaide with Steve's (Butler) group and I'm very confident with my running at the moment. "My aim is to get an Olympic qualifying time in Europe this year so I can just race next year and try and get wins without having to worry about times."

Lewis' enthusiasm for the new track has been echoed by Victorian middle-distance runner Mark Fountain.

Fountain ran second in the 800m at the Adelaide Airport Invitation at Santos Stadium last week, continuing his comeback from an achilles injury.

"I love it," he said. "It is a nice soft track to run on and easier on your legs."

Let's hope we saw more of Tamsyn training at SANTOS in the next few years.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum