PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Kate Richardson on running & coaching

Kate Richardson on running & coaching

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kate Richardson on running & coaching on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.sportal.com.au/performance-news-display/two-time-olympian-on-running-and-coaching-118292

Two time Olympian on running and coaching

Sportal.com.au
11/4/2011

Kate Richardson (nee Anderson) started running at Little Athletics at seven years old and went on to represent Australia in many international events including: The World Cross Country Championships, the World Track and Field Championships, The Commonwealth Games and the Atlanta and Sydney Olympics. “Originally I started running to be with friends, and I loved it, and then naturally increased the focus and intensity as I developed as an athlete.”

“In many ways it is the typical story of an Australian athlete - I started at Little Athletics for fun, achieved some decent results and then made my way through the ranks of State and National representation at junior and then senior level. Athletics at the elite level is such a brutal sport, and basically you have to live/train/compete right on the line between elite fitness and over-use injury and illness, and I suffered like most athletes many moments of injury, rehab, comebacks, success, failure, illness, success... Gee I don't miss that rollercoaster!”

After retiring from international competition following the Sydney Olympics, Kate naturally progressed into coaching and in April this year she joined the Sporting Spirit team. Kate now takes a group for all levels at The Tan every Tuesday morning at 9:30am and a 6am squad for intermediate runners. “It’s a great way to help people who want to achieve a running goal” says Kate.

“I don't have lofty ambitions of being Australian Track Head Coach, rather I simply want to help people get enjoyment out of improved fitness.”

As well as coaching and keeping up with three young energetic children, Kate still runs socially four days a week with friends through the parks and trails in her local area as she likes to be fit and healthy and finds “running a great stress relief, and loves the feeling afterwards”. Her goal is to “continue to enjoy the feeling I get from running. Unfortunately I don't have any competitiveness left to push me to aspire to any great running goals!”

Her favourite running moment? “Winning a Commonwealth Gold Medal in 5000m in 1998 in front of family & friends in Kuala Lumpur was a highlight, alongside with walking into the Olympic Stadium in Atlanta and especially Sydney! Breaking the Australian 5000m record in front of a packed stadium in Oslo was also a great memory.”

Kate is married to 1993 Stawell Gift winner, Jason Richardson.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum