PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jordan Caldow beats Aaron Stubbs in Open Beach Sprint title

Jordan Caldow beats Aaron Stubbs in Open Beach Sprint title

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/04/09/306851_surf-lifesaving.html

Grange beach sprinter Jordan Caldow won
the open title at Kurrawa today.

Teen sprinter wins open beach title

By Jake Dew
Gold Coast.com.au
April 9th, 2011

IF Grange beach sprinter Jordan Caldow evers wants to win an Aussie under-19 championships he knows there's always next year.

But the 17-year-old will not have to worry about the open title after producing the run of his life to stun North Cottesloe's defending champion Tom Nolan and returning Northcliffe flyer Aaron Stubbs in the first finals on the sand at Kurrawa today.

Raw, yet extremely talented, Caldow was forced to fight from behind as Nolan opened up a lead but with 10 metres to go the teenager stumbled, an error he concedes probably pushed him ahead for the gold.

"About 10 metres out of the blocks (Tom) shot in front of me and I didn't think I was going to get him," Caldow said.

"I pushed through and about (10 metres) out I started stumbling and I don't know if that pushed me in front but I got him on the line."

With Stawell Gift winner Stubbs, in his return to the sand, and Nolan tipped to fight it out, neither disappointed as they got to the lead.

While Stubbs fell back, Nolan continued pushing before Caldow's late lunge earned him a second Aussie gold medal, to go with his success in last year's under-17 final.

The next challenge, he said, was returning next year to chase the double, something bronze medalist Stubbs achieved in Perth two years' ago.

"I've only seriously been running for the last three years," he said.

"I made the finals in Perth and tripped out of the blocks and came last. Last year I won the under-17s and then this year I got the open.

"I'm first year of under-19 and I want to get an under-19s so I can go for both next year."

In the women's final the upsets continued with Queenscliff speedster Laura Shorter having her quest for a hattrick of wins shattered by Elouera's Elly Graf.

Kurrawa's Mellissa Howard hung on for silver, going one better than last year's bronze with Cronulla's Bree Masters getting the bronze.

Ben Mispelhorn beat Kurraw clubmate Ben Mitchell for the under-19 title, while Cronulla's Masters added a gold to go with the bronze she took in the open women's by taking out the under-17 girls' final.

North Burleigh's Ben Pearce won gold in the under-15 men's with Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park's Tyler Purvis-Smith third.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum