PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Yesterday at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Motram running the two mile at Stawell

Motram running the two mile at Stawell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Motram running the two mile at Stawell on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://insideathletics.com.au/distance/2642-mottram-bound-for-stawell

Mottram bound for Stawell

By Tim McGrath
Inside Athletics.com
Thursday, 31 March 2011

Former world championship bronze medallist Craig Mottram is set to contest the Town Hall Hotel Grampian Handicap over 3200m at this year’s Stawell Gift.

The announcement of Mottram further boosts the line-up of distance talent at the event following the announcement of a quartet of Kenyan athletes a fortnight ago.

For Mottram, 30, the eight laps on the grass of Stawell’s iconic Central Park will provide a perfect transition to international 5000m racing after contesting the 1500m at the Australian championships the week before.

“It will be difficult, very difficult,” said Mottram, who holds the Australian two mile record with a performance of 8:03.50, the third fastest time in history over the distance behind legends Daniel Komen and Haile Gebrselassie.

“Running eight laps is one thing, but running eight laps past 50 people on the way in lanes three and four is another. “However it’s a good opportunity to just go and run hard. I don’t know what marks everyone will get but I’m sure that it will be difficult to run them all down.

“I’ll just try and run even, pick a time that I think I can run and if I can run quick enough then I’ll catch a few."

Mottram is on a sharp improvement curve after running 13:25.15 to place sixth over 5000m at the Melbourne Track Classic, and then ran a strong race at the world cross country championships to place 21st.

“My confidence is building,” continued Mottram. “It’s been a long road to get back and everything is going really well.

“Obviously I’ve missed a lot of racing over the last couple of years and I’m looking for all the opportunities I can get. I want to race in Australia and support the sport in Australia.

“Stawell will be good preparation for me. On grass it’s a low risk way of running a hard eight laps. Straight after Stawell I’ll head over to America to run 5km, so it will be a good preparation for that, and then on to Europe.”

Thinking of going to Stawell this Easter to experience the Gift? Visit www.stawellgift.com.au for all your information.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum