PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » NSW OPEN State Championships 25th to 27th March

NSW OPEN State Championships 25th to 27th March

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Entry Lists for NSW State Championships to be conducted this weekend.

https://assets.clubsonline.com.au/assets/console/document/documents/statestart2011.pdf

Numbers entered:
Men's 100m: 49
Men's 200m: 36
Men's 400m: 31
Men's 800m: 36
Men's 1500m: 40

Women's 100m: 34
Women's 200m: 43
Women's 400m: 19
Women's 800m: 13
Women's 1500m: 13

800m & 400m Heats are on Friday night.

Five heats of the men's 100m Heats start at 2.45pm on Saturday.

Four Heats of the women's 100m starts at 6.50pm on Saturday evening.

Semi Finals of the Men's 100m are on Saturday night starting at 7.00pm.

Final of the men's & women's 100m & 400m are on Saturday night.

7:52 PM Women 400 metre Open Final
7:58 PM Men 400 metre Open Final
8:08 PM Women 100 metre Open Final
8:14 PM Men 100 metre Open Final

Full Timetable at:
https://assets.clubsonline.com.au/assets/console/document/documents/tfmm3session.xls

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

nsw man

NSW Championships Review I – Men’s events: Roff claims tactical 1500m

The 114th NSW Track and Field Championships were held over the weekend at the Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre in cool, windy and occasionally wet conditions. With the opportunity to compete in the Australian Athletics Tour, a few big names choose to miss the meet.

1500m
The men’s 1500m was a quality field with 11 of the 36 entries travelling from interstate for the race. A time of 3:54.6 was required to qualify for the final from the heats. The final was a classic tactical championship race with no one wanting to lead the qualify field.

“I knew today would be a good solid race, there was a good field,” said two-time Commonwealth Games 1500m finalist, Jeremy Roff (Randwick Botany).

Sydney University pair, Lachlan Chisholm, a two time national champion, and James Nipperess, defending champion, lead a bunched field with Philo Saunders (ACT), Daniel Clark (Vic) and Roff also well placed over the first half of the race.

“No one wanted to be the sacrificial lamb and go for it,” said Roff. “It was always going to be a bit tactical and slower than what I anticipated, so it was about positioning.”

But by the bell Chisholm had started a long run for home with Roff closely in pursuit. As they entered the home straight it was Roff, Chisholm and Josh Wright (UTS Norths) just ahead of Nipperess and Commonwealth games bronze medallist Mark Fountain (Geelong). The athletes sprinted stride for stride with Roff, just edging Chisholm with Wright securing the bronze from Fountain, as just half a second separated the first four place getters.

“The last 50m was tough between Lockie and me,” said Roff who clocked 3:50.4. “It was good to get another win. This week’s been fairly solid, so I’m happy with that and I look forward to nationals now.”

100m
The men’s 100m is the only event to have been held at every NSW Championship, first held 1888. Undoubtly NSW men’s sprinting is in very good shape with eight of the nation’s best 11 in NSW colours. All NSW’s 10.58 or faster sprinters this year progressed successfully through the heats and semis and lined up in the final. Training partners, Anthony Alozie and Isaac Ntiamoah (both with Sutherland) continued their good Sydney and Melbourne Track Classic form as they fought out the title. This season, Alozie, who has relocated from Melbourne to Sydney, has been working his way back after a modest 20009/10 season. With each race this season he has been getting better.

“I’ll keep going and keep improving,” said Alozie, “I’m getting back gradually.”

In the end, Alzoie’s momenturn this season was unstoppable, as he claimed the win in 10.48, just edging Commonwealth games representative Isaac Ntiamoah 10.52. The battle for the bronze was down to just one hundredth of a second with Liam Gander (Newcastle Hunter) out dipping Commonwealth games representative Jacob Groth (Asics Wests), 10.62 to 10.63. The national leader and 2010 World Junior championships finalist, Patrick Fakiye (Sutherland) was fifth in 10.70, followed by three talented teenagers Jake Hammond (Illawong), James Grimm (IBS) and Dallas Green (Macquaire Hunter).

200m
Liam Gander returned on Sunday to take the 200m title in 21.58, defeating Jacob Groth and Wollongong’s Country championship champion, James Grimm.

“This season I’m been running consistent 21.5s into headwinds, so I went out there to win,” said Gander.

800m
The men’s 800m saw a return to form, by front running Matt Hammond (Easts). Hammond led early and never headed.

“I was going to see what happened along the back straight and it sort of just fell into place,” she said.

“I guess I’m most comfortable out in front and I love running from the front. “

Hammond reached 200m in 26 and the bell in 55, with Victorian Simon Fitzpatrick and Blake Vanderwoude (UTS Norths) leading a nine-person pack. The 600m was passed in 1:22 with Hammond moving away to win comfortably in 1:50.27, ahead of Victoria’s Edward Vining and Vanderwoude placing second and continuing his progress in this break through season for him.

“I took a bit of control there tonight, ran my own race and it worked,” said Hammond.

“Last week (at the Sydney Track Classic) was very disappointing, so it was good to come out here and blow a few cobwebs out, which I did in the heats.”

Hammond missed the season’s fastest race, the Melbourne Track Classic, with tonsillitis, but returned last week in the Sydney Track Classic.

“We thought we had overcome it but obviously not completely, I was struggling at 400m last week.

“But I found a bit of rhythm in training this week.”

With the season winding down, there just remains potentially a quick race in Perth later this week at the Australian Athletics final and then the national championships in Melbourne.

“I’ve got to discuss this with my coach (if I go to Perth) we were going to see how this weekend went.

“I’d hate to finish the season without a pb and Perth is obviously a good opportunity. “

400m
Commonwealth games relay gold medallist, Kevin Moore (Mingara), strode to victory defeating a good field in the 400m clocking 46.17, moving him to number two on the 2011 Australian rankings.

“It’s my second fastest time, so I’m very happy,” said Moore who has a personal best of 46.13.

“I felt like I got out decently, ran easy down the back, then worked it off the bend and came home with a good time.

“I’m really happy with where we are considering a short ‘prep’ after the Games, but I was disappointed with the Sydney Track Classic, but really happy with that one.

“With Gurry and Burkie, we have a strong 15 (in NSW), so you can rock up to ‘allcomers’ and get good competition.”

Second was former Victorian, David Burke (UTS Norths), who relocated to Sydney this season to train with Penny Gillies.

110m Hurdles
Reigning National champion, Greg Eyears (Bankstown) won his seventh NSW open 110m hurdles title, running 14.44 into a head wind. Eyears, a Commonwealth Games representative, won the State titles from 2001 to 2006, before training partner, Justin Merlino won the 2007 to 2010 championships.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum