PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Red Bull snaps up Steve Hooker

Red Bull snaps up Steve Hooker

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Red Bull snaps up Steve Hooker on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/red_bull_snap_up_australian_olympic_champion/

Red Bull snap up Australian Olympic champion

By Chris Raveney
sportspromedia.com
21 March 2011

Red Bull Australia has announced a deal with World and Olympic pole-vault champion Steve Hooker to become a brand ambassador for the energy drink.

No financial terms or length of the contract have been given, but Hooker joins a wealth of other Australian sportsmen associated with the Australian subsidiary of Red Bull, including Formula One driver Mark Webber, and surfer Mick Fanning. This new partnership marks the first time that Red Bull Australia has joined forces with an Olympic gold medallist, however, the brand does have fellow Olympians Courtney Atkinson and Luke Madill on their books.

Hooker is one of Australia’s leading athletes and has vaulted to great success in recent years. After winning gold at the last Olympic Games in 2008 in Beijing, he has gone on to win at the World Championships, Commonwealth Games, World Indoor Championships and World Cup/Continental Cup.

“One of the things I really love about being involved with Red Bull is the instant family you adopt with it,” the pole-vaulter said. “The team are ultra helpful and resourceful, and the partnership has already provided me with the opportunity to catch up with the likes of Mick Fanning who is not only a great guy but also the ultimate competitor and performer. You can’t get enough opportunity to exchange stories and advice with athletes of his calibre. It is certainly comforting to know I have the support of a crew like Red Bull as I tackle title defences at both the world championships later this year and London Olympics in 2012.”

Red Bull Australia’s managing director Jason Sargent was delighted with the addition of Hooker to help showcase the brand, commenting: “While the world of Red Bull is synonymous with action sports, Red Bull has long been the energy drink of choice for high performance athletes in a range of fields. In pole-vaulter Steve Hooker, it’s hard to imagine anyone who could represent our brand better than a world class performer who can use his Red Bull wings to fly high and achieve success.”

With a personal best of 6.06m, Hooker is the second highest pole-vaulter of all time behind the legendary Sergey Bubka; however, he does hold the Olympic record and will be vying to defend his Olympic title in London next year.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum