PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Women's 4 x 100m team looking for sweet rewards

Women's 4 x 100m team looking for sweet rewards

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/sweet-rewards-await-4x100m-sprint-team/story-fn6ck6f9-1226023591943

Sweet rewards await 4x100m sprint team
By Damien Stannard
The Courier-Mail
March 18, 2011

PANCAKES, chocolate and dancing. These are the rewards waiting for Sally Pearson if she can spearhead the Australian 4x100m relay team to a berth at this year's IAAF World Championships in Korea.

Pearson, Charlotte van Veenendaal, Laura Whaler and Melissa Breen need to break 44sec at the Sydney Track Classic tomorrow night to qualify for Daegu in August.

They are driven by Australia's failure to qualify a team for a major meet since the 2007 world championships.

While a berth for the team in Korea is all the incentive they need, the treats should also motivate this ambitious quartet.

"There is a bit of a reward there. But our motivation is world champs," Pearson said.

"We haven't had a team in there since Osaka (in 2007) so we really need this."

The team posted 44.05 at a relay camp last weekend in Sydney after just one training session.

They have been together all week and, conditions permitting, should have little trouble lowering that mark tomorrow night.

Although they are drawn from the Gold Coast (Pearson), Toowoomba (van Veenendaal), Maitland (Whaler) and Canberra (Breen), the team has bonded well.

Their backgrounds are varied but there is one common denominator: all are perfectionists.

"I think so. We are all harsh markers," Pearson said.

"I just show my emotion a little more. They're better than me at hiding disappointment."

Ended up runnng 44.02 - only 2/100ths short of the qualifying time. Probably won't get another crack at trying to qualify until after the nationals.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum