PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Third time lucky for Dartnall

Third time lucky for Dartnall

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Third time lucky for Dartnall on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.murray-pioneer.com.au/sport/9471-third-time-lucky-for-dartnall/

Third time lucky for Dartnall
Murray Pioneer News
Tuesday, Mar 1 2011

Adelaide's Jarrad Dartnall won the 2011 Loxton Gift in front of a packed crowd at the Loxton Oval on Saturday night.

Dartnall, 24, won the Gift in a time of 12.56 seconds off a handicap of 9.75 metres, to pocket $3945 in prize money.

David Gross was runner-up by just 0.02 seconds, with James Cibich rounding out the top three.

Dartnall came into the Gift in good form after winning the Marion Gift in January and recorded the fastest time since Stephen Landers in 2007.

"This my seventh year coming to Loxton, I made the finals three times before but this is the first time winning the actual gift," Dartnall said.

Dartnall admitted to suffering from nerves before the race.

“I had my sister running too so I was cheering her on before (the gift) and I just went into it not knowing if I was going to win.

“I love coming here to Loxton, there's always a great crowd here.”

The women’s 120m gift was won by Amy Robb for a third time, in a time of 14.48 seconds. Robb, who also won in 2005 and 2007, held off Andrea Di Paolo (14.53) and Ali Trewartha (14.64) to win the final.

Sam Osmond was named athlete of the carnival mainly for his efforts in the under 17 300m event. Osmond went back-to-back in the event.

Loxton’s Tayla Haslam got the crowd fired up when she held on to win the under 20 1000m final. Haslam had a healthy handicap and set up the win with a blistering first lap to hold off Aiden Miller and Tim Earle.

Fellow Loxton High School student Jacob Otto was also impressive. Otto won his heat in the under 17 300m race and looked capable of a podium finish in the final. However, he dropped away to finish seventh in a solid effort.

Peter Hyde won the 1000m open, while Ali Saliu won the 300m open from former Loxton resident Michael Nitschke and his son Alex Saliu.

Yasmine Openshaw won the 300m women’s final, finishing fast to beat Robb and Di Paolo.

The Berri Football Club won the footballers relay, finishing ahead of Loxton and Cobdogla, while Loxton Netball Club won the netballers relay from Loxton North and Loxton High School.

Bay Sheffield winner Jordan Caldow won the 50m sprint skins invitation from Emma Freer and Jessica Meich.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum