PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Rouge-Serret in form for Vic titles

Rouge-Serret in form for Vic titles

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rouge-Serret in form for Vic titles on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Australia's fastest man Aaron Rouge-Serret trains for
this weekend's Victorian Open Track and Field
Championships.

Rouge-Serret in top form for titles

by SAM LANDSBERGER
Moonee Valley
Leader
1st March 11

THE fastest man in Australia is a hot favourite to scoop more gold when the 2011 Victorian Open Track and Field Championships start on Friday.

Aaron Rouge-Serret clocked a personal best 10.17secs in the 100m at last year’s Western Australia meet and is keenly awaiting the last meet to be held at Olympic Park.

AFL club Collingwood will take over the venue, which Athletics Victoria has called home for 97 years.

AV will shift to a new track at Albert Park.

Rouge-Serret said he would not usually race this early in the season but wanted to be a part of history.

“They wanted me to come and race in this meet, being the last state championships at Olympic Park and so I said OK,” he said.

“It’ll be really good and exciting when we get the new track. It’ll be brand new so should be nice and quick.”

The Tullamarine resident and Athletics Essendon competitor is the reigning 100m champion and Friday will be his first meet since placing fifth in the last year’s Commonwealth Games final.

His personal best rates No. 6 on Australia’s all-time list of 100m times.

And the 23-year-old said he was racing just as fast the year before but could not clock the same time.

“I felt really good the year before last actually.

“I might have been running quicker but we kept getting head winds and the conditions just weren’t as good.”

Rouge-Serret said he was in peak physical condition and has only been training seriously for the past four years under coach Adam Larkins.

Rouge-Serret trains up to 13 times a week, with five weight and five track sessions mandatory.

Aaron Rouge-Serret is a Hume Leader Senior Sports Star nominee.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum