PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » The 'Lithgow Flash' says she's proud of the Lithgow Flash

The 'Lithgow Flash' says she's proud of the Lithgow Flash

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/news/local/sport/general/sprinting-at-its-best/2089748.aspx?storypage=0

SUPER MUM: Lithgow Flash champion Kyle Newton
shares her delight and her trophies with proud
daughters Ebony (left) and Sienna.

Dan Sammut (Green) wins the Lithgow Gift.

Sprinting at its best
JEFF GEDDES
Lithgow Mercury
01 Mar, 2011

THE Lithgow Flash Gift athletics carnival was held on the weekend featuring some of the best sprinters in Australia — and they did not disappoint the crowd with some spectacular racing.

The weather played its part with the races being held in very warm conditions.

The visiting athletes sang the praises of the venue and the organisation of the event.

NSW Athletics League Ken English echoed the athlete’s sentiments and said: “The Flash Gift has attracted runners who have competed on the world stage and the quality right through the fields is exceptional.

“He also congratulated the Flash Gift committee for all their hard work in organising prizemoney comparable with any event in Australia.”

Committee president Cr Ray Thompson said: “It has been another good day, although I was a little disappointed with a couple of ‘no shows’ from the competitors.

“But this did not take any of the gloss of some brilliant racing.

“Our committee is looking to ways of tweaking the carnival to make it more entertaining.

“One thought is that we hold the semi finals around lunch time, run the Little Athletics throughout the afternoon and then have all the finals in a twilight finish.

“We have canvassed the majority of runners and they think it would be a good idea.

“I would like to thank all the competitors, sponsors, Little Athletics, volunteers, NSW Athletics League and everyone else who helped make the day the success it was.” At the opening ceremony a message from Marjorie Jackson-Nelson, Lithgow’s greatest athlete for who the Lithgow Flash Gift was named, was read out.

The letter said: “I sincerely regret being unable to share this day with you.

“I am honoured and humble to have this race named after me.

“Lithgow is my hometown and my memories of it, particularly it’s caring community, will be forever with me.

“We all have dreams and if we aspire to fulfil those dreams we have to give 100 per cent.

“That applied to many aspects of our lives, be it education, employment, family or health and fitness.

“I have no doubt that all involved in organising the Lithgow Flash Gift event today have given 100 per cent to make this day such a success and a permanent fixture on our calendars.

“I am sure too that the competitors here today may even given a bit more than 100 per cent.

“My thanks go to all the organisers, and sponsors and best wishes to you all, good luck to the competitors and I hope you have a wonderful and entertaining day.”

The day started out with the Little Athletes competitors enjoying running on the “big stage” with just about every competitor going home with a medal or two.

Lithgow’s Darleen Cheney picked up a gold medal for being the first woman home in the five mile teams race.

The two blue ribbon events, the women’s and men’s 120 dash, were worth the admission price alone with both events thrillers.

Kylie Newton took out the women’s event and Daniel Sammut took the cash in the men’s.

Sammut, who hails from the Central Coast and is coached by Paul Singleton, was all power finishing with a time of 12.49.

Second place went to Lee Clark (12.53), Brandan Galic (12.58) and the fourth place cheque when to Jaryd Cowley (12.60).

It was a full day of racing and all results have been recorded and can be seen by going to the www.nswal.com website.

Organisers thank sponsors Centennial Coal, Lithgow City Council, Westfund, Maritime Mining Power Credit Union, NSW Athletics League, Henry Plant and Equipment Hire, Lithgow Workmens Club, Lean and Bennett, Eraring Energy, Zig Zag Motel, 2LT, Move FM, Coates Hire, Bunnings Lithgow, Collins Transport, Madjestic Tours, Jones Bros, Parkside Motel, Top End Newsagency, Regency Jewellers, C and W Printing, Mountain High Conveyancing, Video Ezy, Bowen Inn Motel, Lithgow Business Association, Lithgow Valley Springs, Lithgow Little As and the Lithgow Mercury.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://orange.iprime.com.au/index.php/news/prime-news/hunter-mum-wins-lithgow-flash-gift-video

For the news report from the local TV station click on above.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum