PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL Website
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Admin

» 2018 Australian Athletics Championships men & women 100m/200m
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm by untouchables

» VRTA Sprinter of the Year Progressive
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 am by JH

» Avondale Heights Results
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm by JH

» Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand?
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pm by ToM

» Avondale Heights bonus race 120m
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 pm by auspro

» Doncaster Gift
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 pm by Mex

» Bendigo now offering parity for womens 120 & 400
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 pm by Mex

» Don Furness
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 pm by Mex

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Ballarat Results 2nd Day.

Ballarat Results 2nd Day.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:06 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
120m Restricted
1.  Isaac Buratto  14.00
2.  Lilly Ryan-Brown  29.50
3.  Danielle Segedinski  30.00

120m Under 18 Boys
1.  Campbell Drummond  24.00
2.  Ronan Berne  10.00
3.  Christian Sapardanis  17.50

120m Under 18 Girls
1.  Rachel Jackson  25.00
2.  Lilly Ryan-Brown  17.00
3.  Halle Martin  14.00

120m Masters
1  Scott Shillito  15.00
2  Shahir Naga  7.50
3  Arthur Ince  26.50

120m Women's Gift
1  Kate Jones  9.00
2  Tara Domaschenz  5.00
3.  Stephanie Jinks  11.50

120m Men's Gift
1.  Luke Mitchell  11.00
2.  Rupert Lugo  10.50
3.  Matthew Harvey  11.00

400m Backmarkers
1.  Samuel Sabbatucci  27.00
2.  Matthew Murray  20.00
3.  Greg Mitchell  22.00

400m Open
1.  Anthony Holbery  75.00
2.  Noddy Angelakos  42.00
3.  Mitchell Palmer  27.00

400m Women's
1.  Cara Boustead  39.00
2.  Meg Deane  42.00
3.  Kasey Moore  33.00

1600m Open
1.  Jacob Nolan  145.00
2.  Jordan Walker  135.00
3.  Stefan Catalano  325.00

1600m Womens/Masters
1.  Martine Beer  285.00
2.  Sue Anderson  390-.00
3.  Sean Quilty  180.00

2 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
120m Men's Gift
1. Luke Mitchell 11.00
2. Rupert Lugo 10.50
3. Matthew Harvey 11.00

Where were the Backmarkers ?
Will be very interesting to read the Stewards report. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

3 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
4 Hamish Adams 8.75
5 Nathan Riali 2.25
6 Edward Ware 8.00
7 Jason Bailey 9.75
8 Dylan Panizza 6.00

4 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Hey Hey

Not sure what you're on about whispers, from 2nd the 7th 12.6 to 12.71, close race if you ask me, conditions didn't make it any easier on the backmarkers, pretty hot that's for sure with no shade around.

What I think more of an issue, is an athlete going out the night before and drinking alcohol before racing a finals the next day, (and coming second) In the past when the incentive lifts weren't in place there was so much dead running, its obviously getting better, but for someone who has made numerous finals this year and trying to so-called win, why would you put on social media you were going out and getting pissed the night before the finals at Ballarat gift. (athletes have had handicaps adjusted from stewards for a lot less) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

5 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hello Hey Hey

Ive been hearing plenty lately that the Ballarat Carnival is the 2nd Best going around, Well I dont think you will ever see the BAY results where all place getters are off 10m or more. : Laughing I may have dug myself a hole as I havent looked back on Bay records but having a guess.
Its a 120m Gift Final , surely at least one of the placegetters can get to run more than 110m.
My Vic spies tell me that at least one of the athletes in the Final looked fairly casual.

6 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm

K.B

Hello Hey Hey,

I hope your message was taking the mickey regarding going out and drinking alcohol the night before the race. Just note I have no affiliation with the athlete you are obviously talking about in your post.

- Can you confirm how many standard drinks were consumed by the athlete in question?
- What constitutes getting pissed??? (Alcohol affects every individual differently).
- Where in the VAL rules and regulations does it mention what food/liquids you are and not allowed to consume the night before a race. (If the stewards reduce an athlete's handicap for this imagine the can of worms this would open up).

Everyone has different ways to recover, wind down and relax the CNS after a race and having a couple drinks of alcohol may be a method for some.

The athlete your obviously trying to deflect some attention too has 10.5m. Given the limit for the Open Stawell Gift is 10m what do think this athlete would be waiting for. He should be commended for a great run rather being accused of putting the handbreak on.

There's my two cents.

Kev

7 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Toolman

Whispers wrote:120m Men's Gift
1.  Luke Mitchell  11.00
2.  Rupert Lugo  10.50

Will be very interesting to read the Stewards report.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks for your concern Whispers but it’s all under control over here mate. Surely something happened over in the SAAL this weekend that pissed you off that you could write about.

8 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 am

Hey Hey

nice 2 cents kev. Honestly if your serious about your running, no alcohol would be the only decision, if your uneducated in the effects of alcohol on recovery maybe those need to do some research, you want to improve dont drink. Not too many backmarkers running val as much these days,and those that are, are back there from previous wins and working there ass off to get faster, Having a handicap of 10.5 should be more than enough to win a race, or even stawell if your serious enough and sacrifice alot. If your running val for some fun and plotting around running for lifts, good luck to you,

the difference, in the end, will be how professionally do you take if. Put the work in and the results will come.

9 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Hey Hey wrote:nice 2 cents kev.   Honestly if your serious about your running, no alcohol would be the only decision, if your uneducated in the effects of alcohol on recovery maybe those need to do some research, you want to improve dont drink. Not too many backmarkers running val as much these days,and those that are, are back there from previous wins and working there ass off to get faster,  Having a handicap of 10.5 should be more than enough to win a race, or even stawell if your serious enough and sacrifice alot.  If your running val for some fun and plotting around running for lifts, good luck to you,

the difference, in the end, will be how professionally do you take if.  Put the work in and the results will come.

On a Saturday afternoon in late January 1985, the day before the Ringwood Gift, I went to the Brunswick City footy ground to watch a few mates play cricket. One of my mates' father was there. Billy Byron was a tough and rugged six foot two former Coburg (VFA) champion from the 1960's. He loved a drink and had the reputation for handling a few beers. I hadn't had a alcoholic beverage for about 3 weeks.

It was a pretty hot day and Billy asked if I wanted a beer. I said yeah thinking a couple of 7 ounce glasses wouldn't hurt. One thing else about old Bill, once you have one, there's another and then........After I bought the second round, Bill took my glass, slipped away and returned with a third round. Bill swigged it down and thrust his empty glass into my hand. My glass was 3/4 full.

"Man's not a camel, Scoop".

I gulped down the rest of the glass and went back to get two more. I did think they're only 7 ounce glasses, so I should be able to handle six OK.

Well, I reckon by the time I decided enough was enough, I'd been back to the bar about 10 times, which when you do the maths, is about 20 beers.  

I went home at stumps then drank a lot of water and went to bed.

I woke up around 10 hours later and felt pretty good.

I had a good breakfast, rested for a few more hours then drove to Ringwood.

Under the training of Ferg Speakman, leading into the season, for about four weeks, I had been running 6 x 400's per session 6 days per week. By January I was doing 6 x 150's up a hill just about every session as well as regular 70/120 trials and finishing with a 400m most nights.

I was very fit.    

I ran the fastest heat of the 400m Ringwood Gift and duly won the final.

The Ballarat Gift winner and the runner-up are in the same squad. Fairly obvious on recent form that Mitchell was the man to beat and there wasn't anything the runner-up could do to alter the outcome.

Criticising or outing an athlete for having a few drinks the night before a meet is ridiculous.

This is pro running not the bloody Olympics.

10 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 am

Hey Hey

Well youngy, maybe you would have run even quicker if you didnt, either you think its ok or you dont, agree to disagree on this one, no secret why Rizzo has improved so much, hard work great coach and non drinker, ask will johns why he improved so much a couple years back, he tell you, stopped drinking. im not saying dont drink, just saying if you want to improve alot, those the scafices you need too take.

11 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Ribera

Expert
Expert
Hey Hey wrote:Not sure what you're on about whispers,   from 2nd the 7th 12.6 to 12.71,  close race if you ask me, conditions didn't make it any easier on the backmarkers, pretty hot that's for sure with no shade around.

What I think more of an issue, is an athlete going out the night before and drinking alcohol before racing a finals the next day, (and coming second) In the past when  the incentive lifts weren't  in place there was so much dead running, its obviously getting better, but for someone who has made numerous finals this year and trying to so-called win, why would you put on social media you were going out and getting pissed the night before the finals at Ballarat gift. (athletes have had handicaps adjusted from stewards for a lot less) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Why would you out him on social media? I don't think anyone should list on here anything seen on social media, seen at a training track, seen out about town. Keep the info to yourself. This is an unwritten rule. I also see it as not much different to bullying.
No problems asking a general question without naming the athlete the way you said he came 2nd.

This year, Safer Internet Day is all about R.E.S.P.E.C.T
https://exchange.telstra.com.au/safer-internet-day-2018-respect/?ref=BP_MANUAL_TEL_EXCH_safer-internet-day-2018--its-respect_070218

12 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Hey Hey

Bullying Ribera. Seriously. Now who's being polictal incorrect. Phhhfff. What a joke.

13 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 am

Keelium

Hey Hey wrote:Not sure what you're on about whispers,   from 2nd the 7th 12.6 to 12.71,  close race if you ask me, conditions didn't make it any easier on the backmarkers, pretty hot that's for sure with no shade around.

What I think more of an issue, is an athlete going out the night before and drinking alcohol before racing a finals the next day, (and coming second) In the past when  the incentive lifts weren't  in place there was so much dead running, its obviously getting better, but for someone who has made numerous finals this year and trying to so-called win, why would you put on social media you were going out and getting pissed the night before the finals at Ballarat gift. (athletes have had handicaps adjusted from stewards for a lot less) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I think you old blokes read into these social media things too much. He was clearly taking the piss, not getting on the piss. Rolling Eyes

14 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am

Elmer Fudd

Toolman wrote:
Whispers wrote:120m Men's Gift
1.  Luke Mitchell  11.00
2.  Rupert Lugo  10.50

Will be very interesting to read the Stewards report.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks for your concern Whispers but it’s all under control over here mate. Surely something happened over in the SAAL this weekend that pissed you off that you could write about.

'it’s all under control over here mate.’

Really? Do you think? The silence on here this week is deafening and for good reason.

15 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm

DDog

What’s going on Elmer,. What are you implying?

16 Re: Ballarat Results 2nd Day. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Toolman

I dunno what type of Wabbits Elmer is hunting here DDog

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum