PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL Website
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Admin

» 2018 Australian Athletics Championships men & women 100m/200m
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm by untouchables

» VRTA Sprinter of the Year Progressive
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 am by JH

» Avondale Heights Results
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm by JH

» Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand?
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pm by ToM

» Avondale Heights bonus race 120m
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 pm by auspro

» Doncaster Gift
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 pm by Mex

» Bendigo now offering parity for womens 120 & 400
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 pm by Mex

» Don Furness
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 pm by Mex

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Woodhams flying under the radar

Woodhams flying under the radar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Meatpie

Dale Woodhams seems to be the forgotten man when it comes to Stawell this year.

Former runner up who ran 12.1 off 7.25m in 2010. Now has 7.75m and ran a close second to another favourite Despard recently at St. Albans.

If he take one between now and Easter he could be running of 8.25m or even 8.5m.  Definitely not past his prime so if he is only in the same shape as 2010 that puts him under 12 seconds.

2 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Interesting post there Meatpie. Thanks for your concern.  Very Happy  I'm not sure a 2nd place at St Albans is running under the radar. It's pretty much exposed form and he was well beaten by a gun in Despard who Dale is destined to meet worse off at Easter (among others including Rizzo, Woodgate & Sam Baird).

I'm also not sure Dale will ever get back to his best.

About 4 years ago Dale underwent major surgery to his stomach that kept him out of action for two years. Doctors were of the view it would take up to five years to get anything back to full strength and fitness. There were complications in the surgery that had a few people worried. Having your stomach removed, untangled then put back in is not recommended for anyone let alone an athlete at the age he should be at his best. They didn't exactly have a priest on stand by but the idea of running again was just a pipedream.

A lot of mental scars went along with those physical ones.

Anyway he's slowly recovered with a lot of patience and perseverence. He has been inspired a bit by Luke Versace coming back from adversity, although it won't finish with the fairy tale ending of Luke's journey.

I agree, fully fit he'd be dangerous but the toll on his body recovering from the issues he had has been massive and he's hoping he can just pick up a nice win somewhere. He can't attend Ballarat this weekend due to prior commitments but he should be able to run at Keilor & Bendigo.

3 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 pm

DarrenW

youngy wrote:Interesting post there Meatpie. Thanks for your concern.  Very Happy  I'm not sure a 2nd place at St Albans is running under the radar. It's pretty much exposed form and he was well beaten by a gun in Despard who Dale is destined to meet worse off at Easter (among others including Rizzo, Woodgate & Sam Baird).

I'm also not sure Dale will ever get back to his best.

About 4 years ago Dale underwent major surgery to his stomach that kept him out of action for two years. Doctors were of the view it would take up to five years to get anything back to full strength and fitness. There were complications in the surgery that had a few people worried. Having your stomach removed, untangled then put back in is not recommended for anyone let alone an athlete at the age he should be at his best. They didn't exactly have a priest on stand by but the idea of running again was just a pipedream.

A lot of mental scars went along with those physical ones.

Anyway he's slowly recovered with a lot of patience and perseverence. He has been inspired a bit by Luke Versace coming back from adversity, although it won't finish with the fairy tale ending of Luke's journey.

I agree, fully fit he'd be dangerous but the toll on his body recovering from the issues he had has been massive and he's hoping he can just pick up a nice win somewhere. He can't attend Ballarat this weekend due to prior commitments but he should be able to run at Keilor & Bendigo.

What an amazing effort to come back this far.

4 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 am

Baltimore Jack

Great to hear a good news back story. I wondered why Woodhams wasn't as fast as he was Stawell back in 2010.
Hope he wins a decent gift soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum