PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Handicap anomalies
Today at 6:28 am by Mex

» St Albans Gift
Today at 6:00 am by untouchables

» Marion Gift Review - Tim Johnson's Breakthrough victory
Yesterday at 3:20 am by Admin

» Final timetable Ballarat Gift Feb 3rd and 4th
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 am by floater

» Rye Women's Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm by floater

» Castlemaine Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 pm by Mex

» Frankston Results
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am by JH

» Rye Results
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 pm by JH

» Frankston 100m
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am by untouchables

January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift

Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who wins the Bay?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 4 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
17% 17% [ 8 ]
11% 11% [ 5 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
17% 17% [ 8 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
7% 7% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 46

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm

racingmania

FAST stick to coaching.
If you think it's OK for athletes to run when ill, injured or way off their best in a sport where there's handicaps and betting involved then you've got no idea.
Disgraceful.

32 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
geton wrote:Thanks Colin.

Stallan certainly improved then running the fastest Bay heat in 13.71! Wouldn't have tipped her to podium! Did anyone?

So Stallan got beaten by .01 of a second at Kensington , on Nov 26th, over 4 weeks before the Bay and we didnt see her run again until the BAY.
Thats excellent form leading into a race over 4 weeks away.
Love the honesty in the girl by scratching out of both PreDay and Brighton rather than running at those meetings with a flat tyre.

33 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:18 pm

geton

Excellent form......turn it up Whispers. She had made only one final all year then comes out & beats the entire Women's field of the Sheff bar 1. Thought Cavouras was the actual form runner myself.

34 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:18 am

racingmania

geton wrote:Excellent form......turn it up Whispers. She had made only one final all year then comes out & beats the entire Women's field of the Sheff bar 1. Thought Cavouras was the actual form runner myself.

geton
Even when Colin Rowston provides facts proving Caitlin Stallan only ran in 3 races of 100/120, 2 of them she finished 1stt and 2nd in FINALS, you still write shit about her making one final all year? She hasn't competed for five weeks.  
Unbelievable!
Stallan's one bad run at Sacred Heart was over 6 weeks before Bay. Plenty of time to go into a decent taper for Bay.
Stallan could not have beaten Cavouras or any other girls at prebay/brighton. She wasn't there.

35 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:46 am

geton

Apologies racingmania. Wish I had your insight leading in. I would've put my $10 each way on Stallan instead of Cavouras.

36 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:03 am

racingmania

geton wrote:Apologies racingmania. Wish I had your insight leading in. I would've put my $10 each way on Stallan instead of Cavouras.

no probs mate. we all have to crawl before we can walk.
Unless you are a freakish talent like Molly Farmer, I bet she never wasted time crawling. looks like she came out running.
The kid's a superstar.

37 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:51 am

Mex

Congratulations to the young Farmer. Whether it be cattle or spuds, Farmer showed some class in winning. As one of the 11% to have picked her to win I wish I had been in SA this year as I definitely would have taken $18 for the win. She won Maryborough last season off 6.5m on a slower track and whilst her time has improved so has she. Her form leading in may have been questionable but all I saw was a good young athlete on a reasonable mark who has made improvements and won. Hopefully she comes across to Vic more often now. Her 5.75m for tomorrow will change now, I would think she will be somewhere around 4.5m.

38 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:53 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hi Geton

Do youself a favour and do some research.
Stallan absolutely smashed Lemm off equal marks at the Port and I mean smashed at the beginning of Nov
They then both go to the Bay off equal marks and Stallan absolutely smashes Lemm again.
So whats your problem.
Its not Stallans fault if the person or persons who gave the prices to the bookies had Lemm at $4 and Stallan over $12.
Then to make sure her form was holding Stallan had a crack at Kensington and got beaten by .01 sec
Other than Cavouras Stallan would have been one of the SA form runners going into the Bay.
Showed her form well and truly twice in Nov and then put the cue in the rack and decided not to run from meetings close to the Bay .
Absolutely no way Lemm should have been $4 and Stallan so much longer.
Tell me Geton , who do you think were the form runners going into the Bay in order from SA and why.
I would have to say Cavouras followed by Stallan followed by Lemm.

39 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:16 am

geton

Maybe I read too much into the "form guide" I got when I bought the program!

40 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 am

Mex

racingmania wrote:FAST stick to coaching.
If you think it's OK for athletes to run when ill, injured or way off their best in a sport where there's handicaps and betting involved then you've got no idea.
Disgraceful.

I agree, Fast should stick to coaching as he was a terrible athlete.

Are you kidding? A quality backmarker who now has one of the biggest squads in Australia. He has won multiple gifts and now has trained multiple winners across almost every age group. I think he knows a little about the pro running scene.

Yes athletes should be fit and healthy every time they compete, they also should try and get a mark that they can win off. That is the name of our game, to try and get under the radar of the handicapper. If we asked every athlete to not run unless they were 100% fit or at the peak of their training the fields would be very small indeed.

41 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:37 am

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
racingmania wrote:FAST stick to coaching.
Disgraceful.

It's because I understand coaching peaking and what it takes to be in shape etc. that I'm qualified to comment.

We all see many out of shape unfit, over weight athletes all the time running every week (they keep the sport going), if athletes only raced when they were in shape and at their best there would be very few running weekly. And I'm not suggesting athletes run if ill or injured no coach would allow that.

If you understood running and coaching you would know that you have to train at least 5 to 6 times a week at intensity to get in shape and stay in shape and if you train 5 to 6 times a week you are not going to race at your best every week so to suggest that runners only race a couple of times a year when they are peaking is ridiculous and shows a lack of understanding and what it takes.

There are many reasons for poor performances but athletes are or should not be handicapped on poor performances they should be handicapped on their best. So why is there such a focus on poor performances...for what ever reason the athlete runs poorly - what's the point in making that the focus.

It's all about the handicap system and how athletes are handicpped that's important.

Betting in pro-running is all but gone and it is a silly bookmaker that bets against an athlete reproducing their best or a young athlete not improving.

42 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 am

untouchables

geton wrote:Apologies racingmania. Wish I had your insight leading in. I would've put my $10 each way on Stallan instead of Cavouras.

I am so sorry you lost on the bay women's gift geton, but if you back both the favorites tomorrow in the gifts at maryborough you will win plenty of money Very Happy

43 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
geton wrote:Correct. She was equal 5th favourite at $12 on the Bay Sheff Facebook page so why the bookies chose to open her at 18's is a question for them.

Same as Cavouras $4 on Bay Sheff Facebook but opened at $5.50

44 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:06 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
What does everyone think Farmers penalty be for winning the Bay so easy.
I think she will get slugged with the BAY penalty of 3m , because she won so easy , maximum slug of 2m discretion and because a number of runners broke net all female runners will be pulled back 1m so Im thinking maybe when she ever races over 120m again she will be looking at around 1.5m to 2m ........OUCH.

45 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 am

geton

It's very important to note that other than Farmer & Stallan the other 4 finalists lost significant time from semi to the final making the result look bigger.

I reckon Farmer is a real racer & will continue to improve & relish the opportunity of going further back. I glanced over some historical results & I think her double sash at this year's Bay takes her grand total to 12 sashes. 10 with the SAAL & 2 with the VAL. 4 of her 12 sashes are Bay sashes. Reckon for a 15yr old that's pretty impressive! From the races I have watched this year she has run in nothing but the red! It has been a few years since a SA girl won the Bay & that was off 12.5m. Hope Farmer runs some amateur stuff now as well & competes on a national level. Also tipping she will run well at next year's Bay! She's our most exciting female sprint talent in the state.

46 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 am

Discobull

Farmer looks like a good prospect. Probs around 12 flat to 12.3s Moves well, and not overdeveloped muscle size and power to weight ratio is good,

Right up there with current quickest under 16 or 18's in state, a hand full only broken 12 and plenty around the make,. Good luck with her development, fingers crossed she is directed in the right manor.

47 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 am

gogoflojo

The problem with the Molly Farmer situation is that:

a.) Her coach is the President of the SAAL
b.) Her handicap did not reflect her previous wins and her scope for improvement from 14 to 15.

This is obviously the elephant in the room - the Coach = the President, massive conflict of interest!! - the boos she receives when she wins are clearly audible. A lot of SA clubs were not happy. Apparently the handicapper wanted to change her mark but he was told by the President that he wasn't allowed to! What an absolute joke and mockery of the system.

Doesn't give athletes or coach's a lot of faith in a system that is supposed to be transparent and fair.

As some have already stated, how can you give a 1m lift to a 15 yo who's already won plenty of races in the previous year and is obviously going to improve exponentially in that time?? She should have been on 5.50m-6.50m and still probably would have won from back there.

Not a good look for SAAL.

Not trying to have a dig at Molly herself - she is clearly a talented athlete and has a bright future on the track if she keeps working the way she has.

48 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:52 am

apex

Both the winner and second place getter were under the age of 16 in a Bay final... That should be unheard of. The difference between the two is that Farmer was the back marker, where as Stallen was off 11.5...
I believe Farmer deserved the win as she won off red, however, I do not believe a 15 year old should be running off 11.5 and coming second in such a prestigious final... she is still eligible for the under age races!! Let her win those and leave spots for the open athletes in the final. What happened to the U18's being handicapped out of open finals??

49 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:02 am

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
I have absolutely no issue with Molly Farmer winning, she has won significant races in Victoria and South Australia and has disclosed her ability, and she is a huge supporter of professional running competing on a regular basis. What more do you want from a winner?
Only nine girls gave her a start.

Who would you prefer win someone who does not run and support the sport, on a regular basis, and who has not exposed their ability?
I have a problem with those who avoid running in the pros and do not disclose their ability, which is unfortunately encouraged in the VAL under current rules and interpretation of those rules.

Just like Holly, Grace and Talia they all had disclosed ability and were regular supporters of professional running before they won the big one.....this should be encouraged not vilified.

The sport must be fair to those that disclose their ability and support the sport regardless of their age, however I would not be against a qualifying system and capping of younger runner’s handicaps ...however, Molly would have qualified under any system and being the 9th backmarker would have been under any reasonable handicapping cap for younger runners.

Having young runners win is actually really good for pro- running it encourages juniors, which gives the sport a bright future. These young winners should also not be handicapped out of the sport after winning but used to market and promote our sport.

Molly's win is what the sport wants if you care for the future of pro-running ...a young talented runner, running from the back marks who had disclosed ability and is a great supporter of professional running.

50 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 am

geton

Absolutely 100% spot on Fast. Molly Farmer has had more runs than any other athlete in the SAAL in the last 2 years. The future of pro running looks bright!

51 Re: Bay Sheffield 120m Women's Gift on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Whispers wrote:What does everyone think Farmers penalty be for winning the Bay so easy.
I think she will get slugged with the BAY penalty of 3m , because she won so easy , maximum slug of 2m discretion and because a number of runners broke net all female runners will be pulled back 1m so Im thinking maybe when she ever races over 120m again she will be looking at around 1.5m to 2m ........OUCH.

Stallen back 4m from the Bay to Marion.11.50 to 7.50
Whole field across the board back 2m, plus 2m.
Farmer absolutely whipped Stallen at the Bay so we will now have a backmarker off a genuine mark in Woman 12om races when Farmer nominates again.
Im thinking 1.50m would be absolute tops.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum