PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Massages available at Ballarat Gift
Today at 2:00 pm by floater

» Handicap anomalies
Today at 1:58 pm by Mex

» St Albans Gift
Today at 1:30 pm by untouchables

» Marion Gift Review - Tim Johnson's Breakthrough victory
Yesterday at 10:50 am by Admin

» Final timetable Ballarat Gift Feb 3rd and 4th
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 pm by floater

» Rye Women's Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 pm by floater

» Castlemaine Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm by Mex

» Frankston Results
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm by JH

» Rye Results
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 pm by JH

January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sasha Zoya

Sasha Zoya

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sasha Zoya on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:40 pm

justheshot

We've been watching a young phenomenon develop on the track in WA & his progression is largely based on his love of Pro Running - his mother Catherine said it startef at 12 when he saw his older sister win $50 at the Mandurah Gift & just wanted to run Pro's

At 14 he won WA's longest running gift - trying to back up this year he placed a creditable 4th off 8m behind 3 of my runners - all 4 are entered for the Bay

The next Pro race was at Hammersley where he was pulled a meter to 7.00m after some strong Schoolboys form

He came from about 10m behind the leader at the half way point to win by 2m - his improvement in the 2 months since Mullewa was about 4m - 2m gain per month!

Anyway the WCAL provided a bonus to the Hammersley winner by sponsoring their costs to compete at the Bay

Sasha's main event at present is the Pole Vault where he holds the World best at 15 yes & he is trained by Alex Parnov - I've never seen him do a training session so have no personal stake in his Bay runs

But watch this kid - as Bruce would say
"He's Special"

Below are a couple of Sasha Zoya stats

What is Exceptional Talent?

How are these U16 Stats from the IAAF?

NAME DOB 200 WIND DATE Age Grp
Usain 21/8/86 21.73 0.6+ 14/7/01 U16
Sasha 25/6/02 21.45 1.7+. 29/10/17 U16

Some lists have Usain's 20.58 the following season as the All Time fastest - but the current IAAF Age Grouping states that athletes compete in the Age Group corresponding with the year of their birthday - so Bolt was 15 when he ran 20.58 but it was in the year he turned 16

ie

2001 for the1986 born Bolt. 21.73 0.6+ W
2017 " " 2002 " Zoya 21.45 1.7+ W

Sasha still has a bit to find to run 20.58 next year but his 2017 season has been nothing but exceptional

Curtin takes some pride in helping him a little on his very promising journey by welcoming him to travel with our 8 runners - can he win off 5.0m as a 15 y old? Well its never been done - but you just don't know with this kid

My personal belief is there is probably someone out on 6.5m who is in 10.70 shape & that would require Sasha running a 2m pb to Win - but the Bay is a month after Hammersley - so if I were that man on 6.5m I would be just a little apprehensive

Sasha loves Pro's - but as yet, he's never run on a grass track with spikes longer than 7ml (13ml on the 27th & 28th)

Looking forward to the Bay

2 Re: Sasha Zoya on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Wow - great write up. Getting excited to see Sasha at the Bay Sheffield. He brings the X factor no doubt.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

3 Re: Sasha Zoya on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:09 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Sasha also broke Sam Baines’ Australian u18 110m Hurdles record at the recent Australian All Schools in Adelaide. It’s even more impressive when you consider that at 15 he is still eligible to further improve it for two more years!

4 Re: Sasha Zoya on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:53 pm

chopper

Nice run to win the 70m.
Lots of power early and his last 5 was pretty good!!
It was a typical windy day
So he runs at 8.87msec
My conversion factor from 70 to 120m is an additional 5.5%
So if he runs 9.35msec
Bay final is 12.29

Same time as Capo who had 1.5 Zhoya got 5.0 but is only 15

The only other chance on disclosed form (and understanding the usual progression from Brighton to the Bay for the winner) is 18yo Harrison Hunt off 6.5m

Not sure the traditionalist want a 15 and 18 yo with less than 10 gift runs between them having a mortgage on the final (Zoya beat SA's 2nd best performed athlete - Semmler - convoncingly) but they do have 5m and 6.5m respectively (behind Novice mark)

So after today with rumours taken into account
Heat 1 - Sharpe (Novice winner 12.60 off 7m), Tohl
Heat 2 - Zhoya, Semmler (Semmler has extra 0.5m from the 70m)
Heat 3 - Richardson, Cameron, Dartnall (Cameron not run in pros)
Heat 4 - Baird, Evans ? on Burleigh
Heat 5 - Rumours of injuries and form - Repalust, Jakeman, Verrall
Heat 6 - Diffey not in SA? Jarvis injured Panizza, Ware
Heat 7 - Moss, Atkins
Heat 8 - Brooke, Watkins
Heat 9 - Sanderson-Milera, Spencer, Paull (Lugo injured 70m final). VERY tough heat may get more than 3 in semis
Heat 10 - Caldow, Houlihan
Heat 11 - Assuming W-S not here, J Newman, Camille
Heat 12 - Hunt, Kerr

FINAL
Zhoya/Hunt DEAD HEAT (Hopefully will be a run off like the old days)
J Newman
Sharp
Sanderson
Baird or Semmler

My tip is it will be substantially quicker than the last few years (conditions being equal)

5 Re: Sasha Zoya on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:46 pm

justheshot

Reads about right Sasha very strong last 50m most likely 10m sec - remember he has a World best of 13.20 for 110m Hur for 15 years - add 5m to equate to his Handicap & he runs a decent 13.70 - while jumping 10x3'3" Wooden sticks

Molly Farmer looks good for the girls

6 Re: Sasha Zoya on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
In as good a Bay Sheff trial as I've seen in a 70m on Day One, Sasha Zhoya wins the 70m easily.

Thanks to Ali Saliu for the film.

7 Warren Partland's article from Tuesday. on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Young athletics star Sasha Zhoya aims for more SA gifts

By Warren Partland,
The Advertiser
December 26, 2017

HIGHLY promising West Australian teenager Sasha Zhoya will be aiming to make a second successful raid on prized events in Adelaide this month when he chases glory in the rich Bay Sheffield at Colley Reserve on Thursday.

Just 15, Zhoya has emerged as a strong candidate for the 120m sprint on the back of impressive times this summer.

Teen talent Sasha Zhoya will run in the Bay Sheffield on Thursday. Picture: Daniel Kalisz/Getty Images

Zhoya clocked a stunning national under-18 record 13.24 secs to claim the All Schools 110m hurdles crown in Mile End on December 9. Just two hours later he cleared 4.60m to win the pole vault, his priority event.

Last month, the youngster came from 7m for an emphatic win in the Hamersley Gift. Among the prizes for the winner was a trip to Adelaide fo the Bay Sheffield.

Zhoya will come from 5m and has been drawn in the second of 12 heats.

The backmarker for the Gift is Josh Ross off scratch, the same mark he had when triumphant in 2012.

The early favourite to earn the $13,500 winner’s cheque is former BMX rider and Wynn Vale sprinter Harrison Hunt, trained by Dylan Hicks.

Hunt won the 120m novice at his debut at Marion in January and has claimed two 70m races and the Brighton Gift this season.

There are nine heats of the women’s 120m Gift with Christine Wearne the backmarker off 2.75m.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum