PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Massages available at Ballarat Gift
Today at 2:00 pm by floater

» Handicap anomalies
Today at 1:58 pm by Mex

» St Albans Gift
Today at 1:30 pm by untouchables

» Marion Gift Review - Tim Johnson's Breakthrough victory
Yesterday at 10:50 am by Admin

» Final timetable Ballarat Gift Feb 3rd and 4th
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 pm by floater

» Rye Women's Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 pm by floater

» Castlemaine Gift
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm by Mex

» Frankston Results
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm by JH

» Rye Results
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 pm by JH

January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Ararat Gift

Ararat Gift

Who wins the 120m Gift?

1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
6% 6% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 11 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
14% 14% [ 11 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 78

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ararat Gift on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Mex

Time for the caravan of courage to head to Ararat this weekend. Small entries for a gift that carries a bit of history and a great bonus. Although the numbers aren't there the quality is and this could have the hallmarks of another great final. Northcote saw a very close final and whilst I do not think it will be as close for all finalist there is definitely some athletes who will come within inches of the win. Who do we like? As a side note, with only 17 entries in the women's 120m there will be no poll.

2 Re: Ararat Gift on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 pm

Bang bang

Plant
Paull
Tiu
Lugo
Rogers
Carter
Winner: Rogers

3 Re: Ararat Gift on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm

XXL

vine
bailey
keast
tiu
paull
rogers
winner - paull

4 Re: Ararat Gift on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

untouchables

Sonsini
Ware
Paull
Kardakovski
Lugo
Plant

1st Plant 2nd Ware 3rd Sonsini

5 Re: Ararat Gift on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 pm

BadSnowman

Craig Brown was a fantastic athlete 10 years ago, wonder what sort of shape he is in, 9m is quite generous for an athlete of his caliber

6 Re: Ararat Gift on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm

GLPR

sonsini
newman
keast
paull
lugo
rogers

winner: newman

7 Re: Ararat Gift on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:06 am

Mex

BadSnowman wrote:Craig Brown was a fantastic athlete 10 years ago, wonder what sort of shape he is in, 9m is quite generous for an athlete of his caliber

I tend to agree with you there Yellow Snow. I will have to dig into my archives to see what his last mark was but this seems a little generous.

Putting that into context though, he has not run for a long time and the last time I saw him he was not in much shape at all. He is also a masters athlete now, although a young one, so his best days are surely behind him.

Once he was a quality back marker and I think it is great to see him back in the mix. His 300m Masters mark is much closer to what I would have expected him to have. Lets hope he turns up and continues to do so for many years to come.

Comments on tips to come later today. I might included just about everyone that received a vote as the spread is not as wide this week.

8 Re: Ararat Gift on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Mex

From a couple of weekends where there has been lots of rain to an oval that hasn’t seen much recently. A long drive for some and with a smaller field a good chance of progressing to the final. No Rosen this week, perhaps he has some time to put up his ideas on the poll leaders as well?

Jack Newman 7m – 6% - Seinfeld has not shown up yet so it is hard to judge his current form. He is one to watch and should he run here I am sure that the stewards will be watching him closely. Is he a danger for this race? Can he challenge for a race later in the season? Can he beat his training partners? Has he already got the mark he needs to win Stawell? If the answer to these questions is yes then his place in the final is a certainty. If he runs here he is a chance of the final. I do not have him winning though on a hunch that he is not yet fit enough.

Oliver Wurm 8.25m – 9% - The human lumbricina is starting to poll well. He made the 70m final at Northcote so I think my money was about right on him. He has the strength to run out a 120m. He is looking fit and he now has the chance to make a statement by winning a gift and pinching a metre for a shot at Stawell. I have one query on him though. He has not shown much form over the gift distances. If the plan is for him to have a shot at Stawell in 2019 then he can afford to work slowly this season for .75m and then hit a metre lift next year. He is one I have my eye on but am a little unsure now as to what his plan is. We will know by tomorrow night if twitter works in the country.

Mason Keast 9m - 14% - Keast is my favourite for this one. He is in form and is running at the home gift. A metre puts him on the limit. He ran a 12.46 in the final last year and ran the same time in his heat at Stawell so he can surely run that again to take the win. Off 10m at Stawell he will be in the mix. Can he find a little more? He will need it should he make the Stawell final.

Dion Paul 9.75m – 9% - Does not need to win this one. He should final but will get done. He can continue to build his season and take out a race mid season to ensure he stays on the limit. I am not sure that he will hold off Keast even though his early part of his race is quite good. He has previously shown that he can make big finals and I think he will do so here as well. One to watch in the coming weeks. Is this a final tune up for Bay?

Rupert Lugo 10.25m – 14% - Lugo is an interesting one. I like him in a 100m event but if he can sneak out to 11m then the likes of Ballarat could be on the radar. I feel that he is not ready just yet but is getting close. Fiedler has a knack of getting one or more of his athletes going each season while the others in his group work on something. Whilst Lugo is diminutive in size, his leg speed is excellent and will find a hard track to his liking if the sprinklers have not been on. This could be the year of the Lugo.

Jonathon Rogers 15.5m – 6% - Rogers has not run this season. He is either very clever or has been injured. By entering early in the season he knows what his marks are for each event and has not shown his form. Has he been able to set up his season? As someone who has succumbed to injury before I think he may have been hit again. If he is fit he has to be considered after showing good form last year. His 12.38 at Bendigo raised a few eyebrows but shows that if he gets it right he can win from the front. Would he take this gift or will he also wait. I am not sure what he would wait for and feel that he would probably run a lap of the oval if he were to win here.

Good luck

9 Re: Ararat Gift on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm

timrosen35

Sorry Mex. Was having a run at windy old lakeside tonight. And will be missing tomorrow unfortunately due to a Christmas party. But for the record I think Newman (if he turns up) and Keast are the ones to beat. But I’d love to see old Shrek Jonno Rogers body hold together for his first ever gift win. One of the nicest guys going around and deserves his chance! Have a good day out there everyone. Disappointed I can’t come defend my 70 from last season.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum