PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Northcote Gift

Northcote Gift

Who wins the 100m?

1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
9% 9% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 11 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 6 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 6 ]
8% 8% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 78

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Northcote Gift on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Mex

After an exciting discussion in the lead up to Warrnambool and Terang we shift our attention to Northcote. I have always liked Northcote as it generally shows some athletes who have visions of grandeur later in the season. I remember when Chris Thouhy was using it to gauge his competition before his many Stawell finals. With a metre attached to the win, we will definitely see hot competition for places in the final creating a great spectacle. Lots of entries, who do you like?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my mistake)

2 Re: Northcote Gift on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:23 pm

untouchables

My top six

Kardakovski
Rosen
Lugo
Keast
Spencer
Phelan

Winner 1st Phelan 2nd Spencer 3rd Kardakovski

Last edited by untouchables on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Re: Northcote Gift on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 am

GLPR

sonsini
ilett
keast
paull
lugo
coates

winner: keast

4 Re: Northcote Gift on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Bang bang

Ware, Paul and Tiu, trifecta

5 Re: Northcote Gift on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Bang bang wrote:Ware, Paul and Tiu, trifecta

Going on Terang unless Paull and Ware have taken some rocket juice this week, they can't beat Keast.
Tiu not there. Going on Sandy, where he didn't make semis, he needs a huge improvement.
If he runs, Rizzo beats them all, but I guess he won't run.

Final
MacGibbon
Ilett
Keast
Paull
Lugo
Kardakovski

1 Keast
2 Ilett
3 Paull

6 Re: Northcote Gift on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:26 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
WhataboutmeMrHandicapper wrote:
Bang bang wrote:Ware, Paul and Tiu, trifecta

Going on Terang unless Paull and Ware have taken some rocket juice this week, they can't beat Keast.
Tiu not there. Going on Sandy, where he didn't make semis, he needs a huge improvement.
If he runs, Rizzo beats them all, but I guess he won't run.

Final
MacGibbon
Ilett
Keast
Paull
Lugo
Kardakovski

1 Keast
2 Ilett
3 Paull

There was not much between Keast, Paull & Lugo at Terang. Paull (13.01) beat Keast (13.07) in the 2nd semi final and Lugo ran 2nd (13.05s) in the 1st semi final.

A metre between the 3 in the final. Keast definitely appears the strongest of them and therefore was suited by the 120m on a damp grass track into a headwind at Terang.

Over 100m at Northcote (Waverley) it changes the dynamics and Lugo might have a slight advantage. He only needs a nice fruit juice, perhaps orange and mango;  and plenty of water this week to stay hydrated to be a genuine contender. drunken

7 Re: Northcote Gift on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Mex

Last season we saw one of the most dominant displays in a pre Christmas final that I can remember when Rizzo announced he was better than the previous year. It used to be that athletes like Paul Burnett or Steve Tilburn would just have to turn up and run to win an early race. With the bonus well and truly on everyone’s mind these days, every race has a hotly contested final. We will see a Stawell contender take this one out. We will see two other Stawell contenders either trying to take it out or seeing where they are at compared to others early in the season. We will likely see someone out in front that wants to win but may get overrun by the bunny. I have noticed that the guy I thought would be out in front and hard to beat did not enter so it seems the bunny will take the chocolates.

Gus Carty Cowling 5.5m / Ryan Ilett 5.5m – 9% - GCC has always been someone who has had the talent to do well. His minders do everything for him from carrying his block to tasting his food before he eats it to make sure it is not poisoned such is their dedication to this star. He lost by, literally, the barest of margins and then went missing. When he returned he was a shell of the competitive athlete he had been. He was the poster child for non trying and was spoken to a couple of times for it. I for one would love to see him fit and firing. I would love to see him win tomorrow and give the ultimate prize another shake. If he is fit he can win, if he is not fit I hope he tries otherwise the stewards will be waiting. Ilett was a favourite a few times last season. Him entering an early race indicates to me that he is ready to win. Are there bookies there tomorrow?

Jake Ireland 7.5m / Mason Keast 7.5m – 14% - It is great to see Jake Ireland now competing in the main races. The only thing that could make it any better is if he were to be sporting the same hair style his father did when he first arrived on the scene. Lets be honest, the votes are not for him but if he can develop some of his father’s speed he could be a great sprinter in the years to come. Keast is your man. He is fit, he is firing and will win either here or next week at Ararat. He ran a few very good times last season and has another pre-season under his belt. He may be Victoria’s best chance to keep the Stawell Gift sash in Victoria. What a final it could be if we had Rizzo chasing down Woodgate with Keast out in front! Why won’t he win? Ilett. He may also prefer to win Ararat with a smaller field and a hometown feel.

Sam Grouios 8m / Dion Paull 8m – 8% - I really like this pairing. If you do not think that Gouios is a threat you have not watched him much. He is a big danger every week this season and could challenge one of the classics. Can he win Stawell off close to the limit? Not for me, but definitely one to watch. Paull showed last season that he has speed. He will win something this season but it wont be now. There is no reason to win now. He cannot go above the limit at Stawell. He may as well make some finals, pocket some prize money and win later in the season to sit on the limit. He will make many finals and he will win something for a half metre bonus.

Tim Rosen 11.25m / Paul Hughes 12m – 8% - ‘The Man’ is still ‘The Man’ and he will continue to be a pain for everyone from the front of the field. He has really improved over the past couple of season and will not find it too difficult to take another win this season. Rosen may not win here due to the likes of Keast and Ilett but will go close. I think we will find him on a podium but not the top for now. He is one of the fitter front marker masters athletes. He always turns out fit. He generally wins off around 14.5m and that is what he has for a 120m gift now. Right in it but I think there is a difference between what he is capable of and the pressure he will receive from behind.

David Polichovski 12m / Maddie Coates 12.5m – 8% - Polichovski will not beat Coates off similar marks. He probably needs another metre and a smaller field to make a gift final at this stage of his career. Coates could be dangerous off 12.5m If she can get out of the blocks well her top end speed will put her very close. When I look at the marks of the female athletes she is right in the mix. Richards has shown that she can make gift finals, I think that Coates will get Richards.

Good luck

8 Re: Northcote Gift on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

untouchables

Mex wrote:Last season we saw one of the most dominant displays in a pre Christmas final that I can remember when Rizzo announced he was better than the previous year. It used to be that athletes like Paul Burnett or Steve Tilburn would just have to turn up and run to win an early race. With the bonus well and truly on everyone’s mind these days, every race has a hotly contested final. We will see a Stawell contender take this one out. We will see two other Stawell contenders either trying to take it out or seeing where they are at compared to others early in the season. We will likely see someone out in front that wants to win but may get overrun by the bunny. I have noticed that the guy I thought would be out in front and hard to beat did not enter so it seems the bunny will take the chocolates.

Gus Carty Cowling 5.5m / Ryan Ilett 5.5m – 9% - GCC has always been someone who has had the talent to do well. His minders do everything for him from carrying his block to tasting his food before he eats it to make sure it is not poisoned such is their dedication to this star. He lost by, literally, the barest of margins and then went missing. When he returned he was a shell of the competitive athlete he had been.  He was the poster child for non trying and was spoken to a couple of times for it. I for one would love to see him fit and firing. I would love to see him win tomorrow and give the ultimate prize another shake. If he is fit he can win, if he is not fit I hope he tries otherwise the stewards will be waiting. Ilett was a favourite a few times last season. Him entering an early race indicates to me that he is ready to win.  Are there bookies there tomorrow?

Jake Ireland 7.5m / Mason Keast 7.5m – 14% - It is great to see Jake Ireland now competing in the main races.  The only thing that could make it any better is if he were to be sporting the same hair style his father did when he first arrived on the scene. Lets be honest, the votes are not for him but if he can develop some of his father’s speed he could be a great sprinter in the years to come. Keast is your man. He is fit, he is firing and will win either here or next week at Ararat. He ran a few very good times last season and has another pre-season under his belt. He may be Victoria’s best chance to keep the Stawell Gift sash in Victoria. What a final it could be if we had Rizzo chasing down Woodgate with Keast out in front! Why won’t he win? Ilett. He may also prefer to win Ararat with a smaller field and a hometown feel.

Sam Grouios 8m / Dion Paull 8m – 8% - I really like this pairing. If you do not think that Gouios is a threat you have not watched him much. He is a big danger every week this season and could challenge one of the classics. Can he win Stawell off close to the limit? Not for me, but definitely one to watch. Paull showed last season that he has speed.  He will win something this season but it wont be now. There is no reason to win now. He cannot go above the limit at Stawell. He may as well make some finals, pocket some prize money and win later in the season to sit on the limit. He will make many finals and he will win something for a half metre bonus.

Tim Rosen 11.25m / Paul Hughes 12m – 8% - ‘The Man’ is still ‘The Man’ and he will continue to be a pain for everyone from the front of the field. He has really improved over the past couple of season and will not find it too difficult to take another win this season. Rosen may not win here due to the likes of Keast and Ilett but will go close. I think we will find him on a podium but not the top for now. He is one of the fitter front marker masters athletes. He always turns out fit. He generally wins off around 14.5m and that is what he has for a 120m gift now. Right in it but I think there is a difference between what he is capable of and the pressure he will receive from behind.

David Polichovski 12m / Maddie Coates 12.5m – 8% - Polichovski will not beat Coates off similar marks. He probably needs another metre and a smaller field to make a gift final at this stage of his career. Coates could be dangerous off 12.5m If she can get out of the blocks well her top end speed will put her very close. When I look at the marks of the female athletes she is right in the mix. Richards has shown that she can make gift finals, I think that Coates will get Richards.

Good luck

No pressure from our end. I think you are right Mex, Maddie should catch Stephanie. She is only still 16 and trains by herself for about an hour a week and i can not believe she made the final last year. Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum