PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sprinter shows plenty of heart in victory - Kensington review

Sprinter shows plenty of heart in victory - Kensington review

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://messenger.smedia.com.au/southern-times/

Sprinter shows plenty of heart in victory

By Paul Young

Southern Times Messenger

29 November 2019

SACRED Heart student Kyle Roberts won the biggest race of his career when he flew home in the Taylor-Collison 100m Gift at Kensington Oval on Sunday.

Roberts, who is trained by his father Bryan, ran off his mark of 7.25m and recorded the fastest time of the day, 10.94 sec.

He nudged out state junior 100m champion Max Hagicostas (6.75m) and WASP veteran Tim Johnson (7m).

Roberts, 18, said he thought his best chance would have been in the 300m all comers and did not give himself a chance in the Gift.

“I came here with no expectations, just hoping to do well,” Roberts said.

“I have been working with dad on the shorter sprints to help my 300s but this is a big surprise.”

Only 10cm separated AIM sprinter Lily Micklethwait (9m) and teenager Caitlin Stallan (8.75m) in the women’s 100m.

It was the Luke Buchanan coached Micklethwait’s first win since claiming the 70m novice on the same track in April.

After breaking down in the final of the Kensington novice 70m last season, Jesse Cordoma returned to the track to claim the sash this time round.

Pembroke’s Jack Atherton was conceding 60m to Camden junior Mercedes Tierneywith a lap to go in the 1600m all comers. But a withering finish led to Atherton catching Tierney on the line to claim a first ever sash.

In the under-18s, Grange’s Amelie Burge coasted to her first pro-running victory in the girls 100m, while backmarker Nathan Visciglio added the 100m sash to the one he collected in the junior 800m at the Stawell Gift carnival earlier this year.

In the 300m all comers’, Team Townley’s Aidan Murphy collected his second 300m sash this season in the B final and Flinders’ James Bayliss stormed down the outside to take the tape in the A final.

AFL grand final boundary umpire Matthew Konetschka made it two victories for this season when he held off Connor McIvor in the 800m open race.

Team Tempo’s Julia New-Tolley took home her first sash with a strong finish in the 800m women’s and veterans.

McKinnon Parade’s Loch Rawlinson chalked up a win during his SA Athletic League debut in the under-14 70m.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum