PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Terang Men's Gift

Terang Men's Gift

Who wins the Men's 120m?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
15% 15% [ 10 ]
5% 5% [ 3 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
5% 5% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 6 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
11% 11% [ 7 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
9% 9% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
12% 12% [ 8 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 65

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Terang Men's Gift on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Mex

Dunmall took all before him to run away with the prize pool and a handy bonus. While it is not always about the bonus it does help. I think he may be too far back this year to really threaten the Main gift final of the season but he could make the final here. What do you think? Polls close on Friday so that comments can be done before both races.

2 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:00 am

untouchables

My top 8

Carter

Houlihan

Sonsini

Bailey

Coop

Newman

Ware

Keast

Winner Coop

Last edited by untouchables on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am

BadSnowman

The Snowman’s tip for this one is Sonsini. Another pre season under his belt, he is a better athlete than last season and if he gets a meter bonus and takes 7.25 to Stawell, he may be very hard to beat

4 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 pm

GLPR

evans
sonsini
woodgate
escebach
newman
bailey
paull
rosen

winner: bailey

5 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Based on Stawell, Woodgate would be hard to beat. Ran 12.35 off 6.25 and keeps the mark.
Voumard went 12.36 but is back 1.Mason Keast 12.38, back 0.75.

Sonsini comes back 1.25 from Stawell. I think he will try and get some mark back with ticks, then hit up a bonus later in the year. Better to get a bonus when he's off 6.75/7 than 6.25.

My final
Woodgate
Voumard
Keast
Kardakovski
Newman
Whittaker

winner: Woodgate (if he doesn't win Warrnambool) otherwise Voumard or Keast.

6 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 pm

BadSnowman

Mason Keast ran 12.47 at Stawell, not 12.38. Nonetheless as he is still a major chance of winning

7 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Mex

This may prove to be a very interesting event. No one could have predicted that the weather would have the biggest impact on the weekend's events. One cancellation and one going ahead. Smart move to look after the officials and athletes above all else.
With no Warrnambool we will see one of the best Terang finals ever assembled. I am predicting many will be after the metre. Can those north of the boarder leave with something?

Daniel Sonsini 6.25m - 15% - Sonsini looked the goods early last year and grabbed a win at the re-instated Castlemaine Gift. This put him in the mix for a final at Stawell but he did not fire. Was it the end of a long season or was it that we had seen his best? I am not sure. If he has been able to improve he will be in the mix for both a win here and an extended season. If he is the same athlete as last year then a win is possible but Stawell may be out of reach. I think he will make the final, I am not sure that the conditions will suit his kind of running. I am looking at a bigger and stronger athlete for this one.

Jack Newman 7m - 9% - Sienfeld's nemesis ventured down to Vic a few times last year. I think it was a two year plan. Get the mark out a little and the take a win, pocket a bonus and wait until Easter. Oh how the plans can change. Is he able to take out Terang or will he have to come down again? I think he will be right in the mix and if he wins the gift and bonus we will not see him again until he throws everything at the last run of the season. His training partner knows what it takes and has been in god enough form to know where he is at compared to some others. Hopefully he has set Newman up, but who knows.

Michael Voumard 9m / Jason bailey 9.25m - 11% - This is a good matching as both could have received lots of votes. Voumard is only back a metre from Stawell. This is possibly a little lucky. Maybe I am wrong but I thought if you made the Stawell Gift final that you were pulled. He would have needed to come back a metre on time and then apply the Stawell pull. If he wins, he stays on 10m and we know that he will be thereabouts for the end of the year. Big incentive for him. I like him as a stronger looking athlete and if he does not win someone has pulled one out. Bailey is inconsistent. He has been around for a while now but never really seemed to get going. I have seen him moving very well and thought he was capable of almost anything but then he runs again and I think it was just a fluke. Is he just a good runner who will have the occasional win or is he something better?

Jake Miocic 9.5m / Dion Paull 9.5m - 9% - Miocic is not quite where I would like him to be yet. Another pre-season under his belt will help but Cooper may wish to hold on to him a little longer. I don't recall how old he is but there is time. Paull will not win here. There is simply no point. If he wins and takes a metre is is only essentially half of this before he is on the limit. If he runs he will make the final but he will just take home prize money. I would think that he will work through the season, move out a little and then pick off a gift with a half metre attached to it. Then the pull will still make him competitive. He had an up and down season last year. I thought he was set for a big season last year when he flew down the track at Bay. I may be wrong but I think he was injured after this. I like him as a runner, his 400m is pretty good and fits the mould of a 400m come gift runner. One to watch.

Daniel Flesfadar 13m / Tim Rose 13.5m - 12% - Flesfadar will not feature in the final. He does not have the mark other athletes of his age have. Let's leave it at that. I think next week I will just write my initial poll thoughts and include something about Rosen. I am not sure if people think he can win or they just want to see what I think of him week to week. I think he can win each week and I am sure he thinks this most weeks as well. He has a good mark again and will continue to be a threat before he either breaks net time or has another season with multiple gift wins. He is looking good and I think he will final and give the more fancied athletes a real challenge on the softer ground. He has coped some criticism including from myself but you run off what you are given and he has been given a mark that will keep him competitive for a while yet. Chances of holding off someone who wants to win very good, if that person is chasing a metre he may come up second best again.

Good luck dodging the rain drops, but more importantly drive safe.

8 Re: Terang Men's Gift on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Baltimore Jack

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper wrote:Based on Stawell, Woodgate would be hard to beat. Ran 12.35 off 6.25 and keeps the mark.
Voumard went 12.36 but is back 1.Mason Keast 12.38, back 0.75.

Sonsini comes back 1.25 from Stawell. I think he will try and get some mark back with ticks, then hit up a bonus later in the year. Better to get a bonus when he's off 6.75/7 than 6.25.

My final
Woodgate
Voumard
Keast
Kardakovski
Newman
Whittaker

winner: Woodgate (if he doesn't win Warrnambool) otherwise Voumard or Keast.

Great tipping. Woodgate/Keast 1/2.
Voumard wasn't interested. Newman didn't turn up.
Woodgate now gets 7.25? Now inside 12.3. Just has to improve with a decent preparation and he's up to his neck come easter.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum