PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sandringham Results?

Sandringham Results?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sandringham Results? on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:36 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Can anyone see the Sandy results on the val website?

I cant click on the link.

2 Re: Sandringham Results? on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am

DDog

I have a feeling this has been a common occurrence. First meeting doesn't make the results early or not at all. Cobweb cleanout!!!!!!

3 Re: Sandringham Results? on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm

El Chapo Guzman

4 Re: Sandringham Results? on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:54 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Gracias El Chapo.

I won't ask why they took so long. so do guys chase the next bonus at Terang/Warrnambool?

How does it work. Does Rizzo not win anything else and get 4.5 for Stawell? If he cant win another race, does he just go to the amos and run there until Easter?

5 Re: Sandringham Results? on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
People sorry about not putting Sandy results up straight after the meeting I had them but my computer has been on the blink.Hopefully will be back to normal this week!   .

6 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 am

Baltimore Jack

JH wrote:People sorry about not putting Sandy results up straight after the meeting I had them but my computer has been on the blink.Hopefully will be back to normal this week!   .

No need for sorry JH. appreciate when you do it but its the VAL's responsibility.

7 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 am

BG

Baltimore Jack,

Who is the VAL? Can we put a name to the person who you are suggesting hasn't met their responsibility? It's always easy to say the VAL should do this or that...but the VAL isn't actually a person. There are a handful of people within the VAL who do an awful lot...

The VAL, like the SAAL and most other sporting organisations, relies too heavily on too few. It has one full time paid employee and one part time. The rest are volunteers, some of whom are paid an honorarium. It also has a huge number of events that each require hours and hours of input. It provides a vibrant sport very, very cost effectively to its members. The quality of the product it puts out is incredible when you consider the resources. It, like the SAAL, has come a very long way in setting a platform for sustaining the sport of pro running without such a heavy reliance on volunteers. There is still a mountain of work to do.

So, uncommonly, the results of a carnival (held on a Sunday)weren't available until the day after? I don't think it's a huge amount of slack to cut.

8 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:43 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Very good points BG and yes it's not unreasonable for the results to be put up on a Monday following a Sunday meeting.... However it should be the Monday 24 hours after the meeting, not 7 days and 24 hours after the meeting.

9 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 am

BG

My bad Phantom! Still, if anyone wants to put their hand up to help out with the results, I'm sure they'd be gratefully received.

BG

10 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:56 am

untouchables

Get yourself a twitter account because they post semi finals and final results on there as they come available.

11 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am

Baltimore Jack

Thanks Phantom.

hey, pull your head in BG. and get your facts straight.
I would never have posted a word had it been the next day you idiot.
I could understand a few days, but really, 8 days later?
anyways, they're up now, so move on.

12 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

BG

Thanks Baltimore Jack. Don't bother addressing the points. I asked a simple enough question and you don't want to answer it. Stick to hiding behind your alias and leave the rest of us to it then

13 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
Alright Guys lets nip this in the Bud. I've been for a couple of years putting up the results straight after the meeting because i have been there.Nobody asked me to do it,seems i have created a monster. So if thru circumstances I miss the occasional meeting Stiff Shit .These days one way or another we get more information than ever,if for some people their life depends on it ask the league to put rego's up by a further $200.00 so they can pay people to do all these little wants!  
 END OF RANT.

14 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
JH - thanks for that.

I use to put the SAAL results on Protrack but Leon Burckhardt now ensures the SAAL results are up within a day or so. If he couldn't do it then I'd probably make the effort to get them up by say, the Wednesday.

So having said that; I think waiting 8 days for VAL results is stretching people's patience and I understand the angst. A post indicating there is some problem with the results and they would be posted on a certain date would suffice.

15 Re: Sandringham Results? on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Downesy

Maybe a few points to take from this thread, leading further into the season.

* Alright Guys lets nip this in the Bud....
* ….they're up now, so move on.
* Get yourself a twitter account…….
* ……one full time paid employee and one part time. The rest are volunteers, some of whom are paid an honorarium.
* ……has come a very long way in setting a platform for sustaining the sport of pro running without such a heavy reliance on volunteers.
* There is still a mountain of work to do....
* ……if for some people their life depends on it ask the league to put rego's up by a further $200.00 so they can pay people to do all these little wants!  

I'm fairly confident that this won't be a common occurrence. Just a thought....if you're that concerned about checking the results every day to see if they're up yet, maybe you're not devoting enough time and effort on the training track?

See how silly this all sounds?

Good luck all for the rest of the season.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum