PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Holmes boys deliver first sashes while hurdler shows top form - Sacred Heart review

Holmes boys deliver first sashes while hurdler shows top form - Sacred Heart review

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://messenger.smedia.com.au/north-eastern-weekly/shared/ShowArticle.aspx?doc=MLMW%2F2017%2F11%2F15&entity=Ar03902&sk=39A29EC9

Holmes boys deliver a couple of first placings
Father and son claim victories at carnival while hurdler shows her top form

By Paul Young
North Easterly Messenger
15 November 2017

The Camden-trained Wil Holmes was successful in the boys under-18 550m at the Sacred Heart carnival, while his dad David won the veterans’ 800m. PICTURE: MATT LOXTON

STATE 400m hurdles champion Tayla Phillis came from the clouds to claim her first SA Athletic League sash at the Sacred Heart carnival on Sunday.

Phillis, coached by her father Gaby, won the women’s 400m at Bowker Street Reserve. The 20 year old was running off 32m and passed Camden stablemates Simone Rothe (70m) and Courtney Ryder (80m) to cross the line in 53.55 secs.

Phillis said she turned to the pro-running circuit to enhance her fitness for her pet event, the 400m hurdles.

“After winning the state title I didn’t do that well at the nationals last season,” the Western District athlete said.

“I didn’t get past my heat.

“I’m hoping to do well at the Bay Sheffield, but my main focus will be the 400m hurdles at state champs and the nationals.”

In the 120m Sacred Heart Gift, self-trained Misha Lizogobuff ran strongly to the line to pick up his second sash this season. Lizoguboff (9.5m) held off Mitchell Tucker (6.75m) and Max Hagicostas (8m) in 12.63 secs.

The Luke Buchanan coached Kayla Lemm made it three sashes in four carnivals after she strode away with the women’s 120m. Lemm opened the season with a double over 120m and 400m at St Michael’s. She looms as the early favourite for the Women’s Bay Sheffield.

Flinders’ Connor McIvor prevailed in the 800m for his first victory in four years. His last sash was the Sacred Heart 800m in 2013.

Reynella youngster Isaac Byrnes (80m) led all the way to hold off his older rivals in the 400m open. Conceding 66m to the 14-year-old Byrnes, Camden Classic winner John Evans (14m) made a late challenge but found the deficit too much.

After more than a decade on the circuit, Dan Semmler achieved a much-deserved first sash when he triumphed in the veterans 70m.

Luis Lawrie-Lattanzio made it back-to-back novice sashes, adding the Sacred Heart 70m to the one he collected in the 300m at Port Adelaide.

In the junior events, Grange’s Jordan McMillan claimed the under-14 400m and Camden pair Wil Holmes (boys) and Mercedes Tierney (girls) recorded victories in the under-18 550m.

Earlier, Wil Holmes’s father David won the 800m veterans race.

Coastal’s Charlie Hildyard triumphed in the 1600m allcomers and NBD’s Tom O’Malley was first to hit the tape in the 550m novice.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum