PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Brighton Open Gift
Today at 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Today at 7:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Yesterday at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Yesterday at 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » From athletics to Aussie rules

From athletics to Aussie rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 From athletics to Aussie rules on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/penrith-press/sport/from-athletics-to-aussie-rules/news-story/cc483a0e08cd2c61db7cc7fb505c0bfb

From Athletics to Aussie rules

By Matt Jones,
Penrith Press
June 7, 2017

JAKE Stein made the switch from athletics to AFL in November, and despite winning the decathlon at the 2011 World Youth Championships he’s hell bent on making a career out of Aussie rules.

Stein says he’s not only firmly entrenched in Aussie rules, but is eyeing off a spot in the GWS Giants’ top side next season.

The Penrith-born athlete, who played soccer and rugby league as a junior, is currently playing in defence for the Giants’ reserves, and is using his athletics background to gain an edge while he learns the game.

“A lot of people probably doubted I could kick a ball straight when I first started,” Stein said.

“I might have a yard or two more pace and be able to jump a little higher, so those things have come in handy from time to time.”

Stein fell into the game after doing a few running sessions with the Giants when they formed in 2011.

After missing out on qualification for the Olympics, he decided to take his sporting career in a different direction.

“I wanted some time off athletics and (to) play some footy, and I got a trial at the club and got signed at the end of last year,” Stein said.

The Giants have become a powerhouse of the game now.

“Our list is the best in the competition. We’ve got 13 injuries and we’re still managing to win games, so it’s going to be hard team to crack,” Stein said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum