PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » ok everyone lets start the goss on 2017 stawell gift

ok everyone lets start the goss on 2017 stawell gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

paul_a323

not long to go & I reckon it's time we start the annual chit chat on what everbody's thoughts are for the gift
it's been pretty quiet on the site with more talk of the womens gift as opposed to the men so lets see what everyone's thought are

2 Gift Odds on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm

DDog

Any betting agency have the odds up on the Gift yet?

chopper

QLD runners look to be further back than what they might have expected except for Loughnan 7.25m had same mark as last year 2nd in SF. Meets Rizzo .5m better off and Fildes 8m PB's this summer of 7.44 for 60m and 17.21 for 150m)
NSW runners = Hard with limited events and Botany on weekend didnt help - everyone was off >10 who makes the final.
WA runners - Jarvis off 8.5m (3rd in Bay Sheffield off 11m but running well). Scott Andrews 6.5m Mature athlete PB 11.11 this year got to be some chance)
SA Runners - Aitkens pulled 3m from winning Bay Sheff (more than the Stawell winner). Sheffield best chance off 8m (Bay Sheffield final off the same mark). Liam Moss finished 5th in Bay Sheff (back 1m, Jarvis 3rd back 2.5m!!)
TAS runners - Dont think they will feature
FRONTMARKERS: 10.2 aat Brighton 100m Gift in the old days made a few Stawell finals. So Phelan off 10m good chance for final. Voumard last years Bill Howard winner and won Stonnington semi in 10.4. Runner up SF Stawell16. Cambell off 10m gone out 1m from last year runner u[p to winner in SF ran 12.5.
PREVIOUS FINALISTS: Camille Broke at Stonnington - prob in final if he didnt. Chance. Woodhams 7.5m (some chance on best form was backed at Bay Sheffield but did not progress past SF's) Brittain 7.5m (out further than his 2011 7.25m mark). Ware back 2m from 4th final last year. Vine has 7.25 (ran 12.08 off 8m in 2013 and has been given 0.75m since ballarat). Matthews 6.75 (has the time and the mark. 10.7 Stoniington heat
MIDDLEMARKERS: Hargraeves S off 8.25m. Out 0.5m and ran 10.5 Stonnington. .Sonsini 12.35 in heat Stawell16 but blew up in SF. Out 0.25m on this. 10.4 Stonnington to final but blew up in final. Rizzo had 8.0m last year - does a few things wrong start not that great and becomes a floater back up towards the end. = technical and handicap issues. Proccaccino 47.91 at Nationals = 10.9 for 100m. Big chance on that off 7.25m. McGibbon 7.25 good runEuroa but it didnt look easy 12.4 there. Nettlefold 6.5 (Ballarat winner and lost 1.25m so the handicapper must think he is pretty good. So do I. Ilett 6.5 (runnerup SF the previous year are always worth a look). McNamara 5.75 (ran 12.5 off 6.75m in 2015. Self coached so nochance)
BACKMARKERS: Riali 4.75 (injury concerns 10.7 at nationals - so short off this mark), Romanin 4.75 (anyone know if Bendigo/Stawell double in the one year has ever benn done), Johns 4.5m (21.58 at nationals says no but the conditions were not so good). Dunmall 4 (to only go back 2.75 and have PB's in the 100m and 200m this season suggest he has every chance of finalling as has Sanderson Milera (lost 2m) . Stevens 2.25 (ran 12.4 off this mark in 2015. Lighter number of runs and very close to PB in 100m so has final chance

So what does this mean
IN ORDER TOP 10
Procaccino, Loughnan, Voumard, Rizzo, Camille, Dunmall (or Sanderson-Milera)
ALTERNATES Andrews, Phelan, Stevens

Thats a lot of Frontmarkers

Scoop

Rizzo start not great? I think you might be watching the wrong athlete Razz

chopper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUNtBt8WkU
Last years final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0OQblCI80
Northcote final

I just think he is a little bit long on his arm action - making him a bit vulnerable to a really quick starter like Dunmall

My opinion - I have picked him for final (it is hard going back and winning in our sport)

Mex

There are a number of athletes with strange actions but move very well. I think you will find that Rizzo has worked on his start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXES20HunVI

Don't worry about him early, worry about his form late in the race under pressure.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum