PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Euroa Results

Euroa Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Euroa Results on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am

Runforit

Given these results I would have to agree with Ribera- was the track allowance for Bendigo justified or did they all just run fast?! (Yes, I know they won't reverse it, but worth some discussion)

From the Euroa results the mile was only 3 secs slower than Bendigo, the 550 winner ran a solid 70.6 and the masters 300 winner ran almost 0.4 quicker than Bendigo. 4 of the Bendigo 300 masters finalists were in Euroa final, and all ran faster than Bendigo.

I know a few other factors involved at both meets, but I just reckon the 4 boys went fast. Should be a great 400 at Ringwood and Stawell without Kerr (No offence young fella!)

2 Re: Euroa Results on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
What is particularly remarkable is the way the Bendigo track sped up the athletes for the 300/400/800 and then immediately changed so as to no longer offer a track benefit in the 1600m.

3 Re: Euroa Results on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm

BMara

DizzyRunner wrote:What is particularly remarkable is the way the Bendigo track sped up the athletes for the 300/400/800 and then immediately changed so as to no longer offer a track benefit in the 1600m.

Dizzy
From memory Mitch Cashion was in front at the bell off 55m and Cassie Higham won by 2 seconds

4 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm

jknott123

yes mara cassie higham won by 2s the 25m lift after one run certainly helped

5 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:28 pm

timrosen35

Don't let the facts get in the way of your story jknott.

Firstly 5m lift from Yarra Ranges to Bendigo. Not 25m. Which is probably the minimum I'm assuming you can move in a mile? As all the marks are multiples of 5.

Secondly she is an amateur runner with exposed form over 400 800 1500 3000 and above. So is handicapped tightly in line with her PB's.

I don't mind a bit of banter but your comment is just trash. It was an exceptional run from Cass and easily the best I have ever seen her run over that distance

6 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Mushroom

Have to agree Tim, Cassie has a PB of 4.41 for 1500 from what I can find and based on that her 4.06 off 295 has her probably running better than her PB not taking into account she is running a shorter distance.

So well deserved win, I have no problems with a PB getting you over the line. Great run considering.

7 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:18 pm

jknott123

she won maryborough womens/masters 1600 h/cap 165 her next run was avondale heights 1600m h/cap 270m then yarra ranges
h/cap 290m then bendigo 1600m h/cap 295m

8 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Mex

jknott123 wrote:she won maryborough womens/masters 1600 h/cap 165 her next run was avondale heights 1600m h/cap 270m then yarra ranges
h/cap 290m then bendigo 1600m h/cap 295m

She is an OGA athlete I believe with disclosed form over many distances. She only runs 3 or 4 times a year. So there is no issue at all. 270m at Avondale Heights and not competitive with a time of 4.33, a lift of 20m to 290m at Yarra Ranges is within the guidelines. A run of 4.20 on on tartan track. An additional 5m for Bendigo is also acceptable. Coming out and running an excellent race at Bendigo should be applauded.

Next thing you will tell me is that Les Williams should not have improved to win Euroa. Maybe he has not disclosed his form?

9 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Mushroom

Mex I have had another look at it and I have no doubt the young lady has run a terrific race & off that mark was deserving.

I guess from were John is coming from she ran 4.37 off 165 to win Maryborough Womens/Vets then turns up to Avondale Heights (and all be it a slow track) & in open company runs 4.33 off 290.

Why reward an Athlete (am I am certainly not having a go at the Athlete herself) a 20M lift for what has to be a poor run and way off what she previously produced, it has happened a lot this season and sets a bad precedent & example to other Athletes of what is required of them.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

10 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:24 pm

jknott123

not sure how les williams got into this debate mex but if you knew anything about pro running you would know les williams career has been brilliant probably won more races than anyone and all on hard work and i suppose he is now pushing sixty and for him to improve 2s from bendigo to win euroa is being consistent. i dont think les needs to disclose his form.but as far as your concerned its ok to improve 13s in a week to win a $800 first prize after receiving generous lifts when others put in every week and cant get a win.pro running handicapping should be all about consistency for all runners

11 Re: Euroa Results on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Whippet

I suppose it's a question of how quickly do you want an OGA(mostly new) athletes to become competitive against seasoned runners with well exposed form who have been running week in week out earning their 5m lifts.

Personally I think the mile racing has been very competitive this season and the spread of winners speaks for itself .  Having said that there appears to have been some apparent OGA lifts given to athletes this season with well exposed form which could be considered generous.

No knock on any of the mile winners this season however. All well deserved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum