PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by Willo the Whisp

» VRTA AGM
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by JH

» Mullewa Gift (WCAL) Saturday 26th August 2017
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm by justheshot

» PITLOCHRY HIGHLAND GAMES
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 am by JH

» A National Handicapping System
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm by Fast

» Star athlete Michael Brusnahan jailed over horrific ‘coward’ kick to man’s head
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:18 pm by Admin

» Blairgowrie (Scotland)
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:39 pm by JH

» Mulgowie Gift (QAL) RESULTS - Saturday 2nd Sept 2017
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am by Admin

» Ipswich Winter Carnival RESULTS 2017 (QAL)
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 am by Admin

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Euroa Gift

Euroa Gift

Who wins Euroa Gift

1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
9% 9% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
9% 9% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
25% 25% [ 17 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
13% 13% [ 9 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
19% 19% [ 13 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 69

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Euroa Gift on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Mex

A quick poll this week now that the handicaps have been corrected. Some interesting entires, will the bonus come into play? Who do you like?

2 Final line up: - on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

El Chapo Guzman

El Chapo tips an esteemed member of the Cartel will take victory here.
Macgibbon
Eckford
Dunbar
James
Phelan
Kardakovski
Whittaker
Rogers

3 Re: Euroa Gift on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 pm

untouchables

Eckford
Brittain
Hughes
Ware
Rogers
MacGibbon

Winner
Rogers

4 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:51 pm

GLPR

final:
macgibbon
eckford
dunbar
phelan
whittaker
rogers

winner: phelan

5 Re: Euroa Gift on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 pm

timrosen35

Well...after consultation with the infamous "Mex", it appears it is my turn to do a preview of this weekend's main event. Giving him a break. The pressure is on. A lot to live up to Wink
The votes are pretty much confined to 3 pairs and 2 singles. So I will just follow them. Interesting to note that 5 of the 8 runners below are Vet athletes.

Luke Eckford 7m (9%): Ran a very quick wind assisted (and hand timed?) 11.76 to win Queanbeyan off 12.75m. Then came to Melb and won the Don Furness comfortably in 7.73 off 3.75m last month. Will he make the trip down? Should be in the final if he runs.

Cam Dunbar 8.5m (9%): Is there a gift final Cam hasn't made? Maybe i'll ask him one day. Has been a high level performer in the VAL for years. Showed he is going well with his 70m win at Yarra Ranges. Wasn't far off making the Bendigo final last week. Will most likely be in this final. Exceptionally consistent racer. Will go well in the 300 if he runs that instead.

Leigh Phelan 9.75m/Kristerfer Kardakovski 10.25m (25%): Firstly the "Flying Fossil". I may be a little biased but that was an exceptional run to come 2nd at Bendigo last week. Beaten by an even better run from Romanin. It appears the movie Benjamin Button was based on Phelan as he just seems to be getting better with age. Going well for age 73. Huge chance to win here. Kardakovski has had a very good season and has been knocking on the door of a gift win. Will also go well in the 70. Definitely a gift winner in the next 12 months.

Darren Whittaker 12.5m/Me 13.5m (13%): It's great to see a fit and healthy Whittaker racing more often this season! Made yet another big final last weekend at Bendigo. His blistering start made a certain other athlete a metre ahead of him look a bit silly. He will make this final if he runs and go very close to winning. I think i'll skip writing about myself except to say that as a previous winner, I'd love to win Euroa again.

Jonathan Rogers 15.5m/Brendan Boyle 17m (19%): One of the nicest blokes in the VAL Rogers is going great guns. His run to make the final at Bendigo last week was enormous. His run in the final even bigger. I'd love to see him in the final again this weekend pushing for a gift victory. If not, hopefully he picks up another race before the season is over. Boyle is going well in the Masters races lately, and will definitely be one of the one's to beat in that race. No idea how he will fair in the Gift.

I look forward to a nice hot afternoon up in Euroa tomorrow! See you all there.

6 Re: Euroa Gift on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Mex

What a great write up by 'The Man'. Let's do this every week.

With nearly 70 votes in total I have never seen so few voted for. The main vote getters could all make the final and it would be a very good final at that. Let’s see how the poll went.

Luke Eckford 7m 9% - Why he will win - Eckford is a huge threat for this race. He has the opportunity to pick up a bonus half for Easter and making the trip down for the smaller Euroa is a smart move. He may not have banked on the times from last week though. If he wins look out for Easter. Why he will not win – Of the main vote getters there are a couple who are probably looking for this win more than for just a half. Verdict – Final

Cam Dunbar 8.5m 9% - Why he will win – Dunbar has shown class all season and is probably due to pick up a gift. He has presented himself well. A bonus half would be good but I am not sure Dunbar is worried about that. Why he will not win – There are a couple of athletes that did well last week that have entered. If he makes the final he will need to get over them. Verdict – Final

Leigh Phelan 9.75m / Kris Kardakovski 10.25m 25% - What a dream match up. I would think that the votes are for Phelan but both could lay claim to favourite here. Phelan – Why he will win – Bendigo final! Phelan missed by the narrowest of margins and looks like he is right on the money for a win this week. He will need to work a little harder early with the Euroa track but that shouldn’t be a problem for Lethal. Why he will not win – Three runs in two days and in a quick time may have taken its toll on his body. Kardashian – Why he will win – He has been a bit of a surprise this season by making finals and is in line for a win soon. He is strong and looking much fitter than even the start of the year. Why he will not win – If he could not get over Rogers last week, I cannot see him getting over Phelan this week. Verdict – Phelan – win. Kadakovski – semi final.

Darren Whittaker 12.5m / Tim Rosen 13.5m 13% - Another good match up but after last week I think the votes are more for Whittaker than ‘The Man’. Whittaker – Why he will win – He has an electric start and usually puts pressure on those behind him by the 50m mark. If he gets out well he is in the mix. Why he will not win – While he made the final at Bendigo last week he was not close enough to Phelan to suggest he will win this week. Rosen – Why he will win – He does have the mark to challenge for a gift before the end of the year. On mark and previous form he is a chance. Why he will not win – I think the pace may be too great for his current form. He will be back to fight another day next season and will likely make a few more gift finals before winning a big gift. Verdict – Whittaker – Final. Rosen – Semi final

Jonathon Rogers 15.5m / Brendan Boyle 17m 19% - Looking at recent results these votes must be for Rogers only. Sorry Boyle but that mark is not enough for you. Rogers – Why he will win – He is the kind of athlete who wants to win something. His Bendigo run was very good, the best I have seen from him in a number of years. Why he will not win – Phelan beat him three times last weekend. I would also not get too excited by his time until he has replicated it. This gift may be slightly out of reach for him. Verdict – podium

If you take the vote getters you have a final of Eckford, Dunbar, Phelan, Kardakovski, Whittaker, Rosen and Rogers. 7 athletes all with a good chance at making the final. Good voting by everyone I think.

7 Re: Euroa Gift on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 pm

OldandSlow

Interested to see how the vets have pulled up this week. Rogers and Phelan should be pleased with their times last week but as MEX said that can come at a price. A fresh Eckford might just have them in the final if a few niggles are still lingering when they line up. I went for a 4 way tie last week and that proved extremely unsuccessful, so l'll dial it back a little.....Eckford, Phelan and Rogers to tie.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum