PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Thomas Moloney a runner to watch this Stawell Gift

Thomas Moloney a runner to watch this Stawell Gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.stawelltimes.com.au/story/4500268/moloney-on-track/

Thomas Moloney a runner to watch this Stawell Gift

By GRACE BIBBY
Stawell Times
1 Mar 2017

Thomas Moloney will be one runner to watch when the Stawell Gift commences.

He first competed in a Victorian Athletic event at the Stawell Gift in 2014 with a passion to return and win the big one.

Now having won the Geelong Gift the impossible seems possible for the 20-year-old.

Moloney trains with the well known POD squad, coached by Peter O’Dwyer in Ballarat.

Having missed the 2015 and 2016 Stawell Gifts through injury Moloney is eager to return.

“I definitely think I can come into Stawell and come away with a win,” Moloney said.

“The Stawell gift means a lot to me as our squad has a big history there, it's the biggest event on the Australian sporting calendar, and I believe I was born to win it.”

O'Dwyer knows how to get the best out of his athletes with Holly Dobbyn, Grace O’Dwyer, Tahlia Martin and Matt Wiltshire all taking out Stawell Gifts in recent years.

For Moloney the Stawell Gift became the dream when he realised he wasn't up to taking his football to the next level.

“On the footy field my speed was always a great strength of mine,”  he said.

“I was invited down to training in February 2014 and from my first session I kind of fell in love with sprinting.”

Moloney doesn’t have a strong family history with short distance running he assumes his grandmother played her part.

“She often says she was the fastest runner at her school back in the day so I guess I got some speed genes from her,” Moloney said.

While not a Gift winner yet he does have some things in common with last years winner Isaac Dunmall including their superstitions around their socks.

“My only superstition now is to wear my superman socks at every gift after wearing them when I won at Geelong,”

Moloney has been in good form having booked a finals finish in the Ballarat and St Albans gifts. He then finished second in the 70m Don Furness at Avondale Heights 70m race, before he peaked with a Geelong Gift win on the weekend.

Moloney has no plans set in stone between now and Stawell, but he knows the next six weeks will be the biggest six weeks of his life.

Moloney will run off seven metres when he attempts to write is name in the record books.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Hipster Doofus

Young, dumb and full of ***....... love your confidence Thomas, you have my vote, I'd love to see you salute!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inappropriate language)

vicinsider

Hipster Doofus wrote:Young, dumb and full of ***....... love your confidence Thomas, you have my vote, I'd love to see you salute!

Yeap - you may be on to it Hipster....I know you spotted him when he first turned up to the sprint track - old school tactics running in the dodgy old spike, footy shirts and footy socks to make out like he was just a battler - you were all over that!!!

The stable trial will reveal if he goes this year with the Stawell lift or needs another winter in the POD gym smashing out iron.

Stable trial will be interesting I wonder if he will give POD the massive headstart that Ballarat Matt did that year?

Hipster Doofus

vicinsider wrote:
Hipster Doofus wrote:Young, dumb and full of ***....... love your confidence Thomas, you have my vote, I'd love to see you salute!

Yeap - you may be on to it Hipster....I know you spotted him when he first turned up to the sprint track - old school tactics running in the dodgy old spike, footy shirts and footy socks to make out like he was just a battler - you were all over that!!!

The stable trial will reveal if he goes this year with the Stawell lift or needs another winter in the POD gym smashing out iron.

Stable trial will be interesting I wonder if he will give POD the massive headstart that Ballarat Matt did that year?

C'mon VicInsider, you spotted him the same time as me, you forgot to mention his dreadlocks!

According to all the keyboard handicappers Rizzo is unbeatable, well maybe young Thomas can be that cat amongst the pidgeons!!

I truly hope so!!!

Frontie

It's one thing to spot him. Now predict his potential off his mark come Easter! I'm calling 12.18.

Hipster Doofus

Frontie in my view T-Mol will run about 12.08 given that his probably not quite to the same level as Ballarat Matt who ran 11.91 in semi and 12.00 in the final back in 2012.

Thatsthestats

Moloney won't get within a Bulls Roar of Rizzo

Hipster Doofus

Thatsthestats wrote:Moloney won't get within a Bulls Roar of Rizzo

Deadset drivel, gives us the stats champ, and what is a bulls roar?

Flippant comment with no substance, give us the stats knackers.

Happy to be proven wrong and convinced, but as I see it Rizzo wasn't good enough last year, why is this year any different.

vetsunite

Because he is young and has improved? Now that's never happened before has it HD
Rizzo will be in the Stawell Gift final. Moloney 1 of maybe 15 others that could be.

Thatsthestats

If you were at Rye Doofus you'll know what I'm talking about and you can google Bulls Roar yourself champ.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum