PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m

No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 pm

FortySevenThirty

Would that be a first for the season ?? Quite unbelievable really

2 Re: No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Thatsthestats

12.08 heat to 12.31 semi was certainly a very puzzling one. A lot less time drops have resulted in NAP's this season

3 Re: No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:22 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
From http://www.val.org.au/RaceReports.aspx
"*NAPs relating to times outside the allowable devaition are not published in the race reports. Please see Schedule 1 on page 32 of the Handicap Regulations for more information."

Per above, I'm not sure that there weren't any NAPs; it looks like they're just not being published in the race reports. I'm not sure how athletes or coaches find out if they or their athletes have received an NAP if it was based on times. I understand that there were some surprised athletes and concerns raised about everyone in the Men's Gift semis losing time unexpectedly.

4 Re: No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 am

BMara

ToM wrote:From http://www.val.org.au/RaceReports.aspx
"*NAPs relating to times outside the allowable devaition are not published in the race reports.  Please see Schedule 1 on page 32 of the Handicap Regulations for more information."

Per above, I'm not sure that there weren't any NAPs; it looks like they're just not being published in the race reports. I'm not sure how athletes or coaches find out if they or their athletes have received an NAP if it was based on times. I understand that there were some surprised athletes and concerns raised about everyone in the Men's Gift semis losing time unexpectedly.

Tom
NAPs are still at the discretion of the handicappers/stewards and we felt that the heliport on the beach 80 mts from the Wind gauge may have had some influence on the readings in some events. Hope that helps.

5 Re: No NAP's in Geelong Women's 100m on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 am

cantrun

Mara, does that mean you will use raw times for handicapping purposes from that meeting, or times wont be used at all for samples ?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum