PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Geelong Gift.

Geelong Gift.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Geelong Gift. on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Downesy

I'd just like to personally thank VAL CEO Tom Burbidge for his tireless work with yesterday's Geelong Gift. Tom has worked tirelessly in conjunction with the Geelong Gift committee to keep this meet from folding, after they lost a significant amount of sponsorship at the beginning of the season. Tom's vision that this meet is viable and very important to the VAL calendar drove him to go above and beyond his already extremely overworked schedule. Over the past 12 months I've had the opportunity to see how hard Tom works, and I believe we as the pro running community should be very thankful, as well as being very fortunate that we have a CEO that is so passionate for our sport, with the drive to take it forward to bigger and better things in the future.

2 Re: Geelong Gift. on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Kangaroota

I concur with Downesy. A shame the Mayor got ousted on the eve of a massive windfall for our sport.

3 Re: Geelong Gift. on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:35 pm

PODSQUAD

The Geelong Gift is a Gift with huge potential in one of the best venues for sprinting in Australia. Taking professional running to the people. It matches the Bay Sheff for venue and outlook. With a couple of big sponsors and the support of the Geelong community, the potential is huge.

We from Ballarat regard it as one of the better gifts of the year..even though the prize money did not reflect the prestige in which we hold it this year... that was clearly evident by the desire of our runners and Ballarat runners to do well. I think Ballarat had 3 winners and a few more finalists.

Thanks to Ballarat committee man Peter Emerson for sponsoring the women's 300m.

Tom thanks for your efforts and your vision...the Geelong Gift is a must and important race in the VAL calendar. It is a meeting that the VAL must support and grow especially now with the demise of a few others...it is not far from Melbourne to attract good entries.

It was also great to see the VAL leading by holding parity gifts. We think it is a meeting the VRTA should get behind and support next year as it is a great marketing opportunity for professional running.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum