PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Wangaratta Masters Fiasco

Wangaratta Masters Fiasco

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 am

Toolman

Thatsthestats wrote:
Kangaroota wrote:Spies tell me he was indirectly suggested/warned not to run in gift. Unsatisfactory performance = loss of Stawell lift.  Heat was on after Maryborough performance.
If true this is good stewarding.

Oh ok then. It's good to know they are doing their job. They certainly made a statement with Domaschenz that's for sure. Coates was very lucky not to go down the same road. Those poor punters that took the $1.40 on her. Odds on look on I suppose

Well they don't see em all boys. In the St Albans Womens 120m somebody dropped 0.22sec from heat to semi to actually run slower then Tara and that is good enough for a tick

32 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 am

cantrun

Im tipping a former sprinter turned distance runnner and back again to clean up the masters $500 bonus this week. Cant see him beaten in either if he has a crack. Or might just wait and add to his other Stawell sashes.

33 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Thatsthestats

cantrun wrote:Im tipping a former sprinter turned distance runnner and back again to clean up the masters $500 bonus this week. Cant see him beaten in either if he has a crack. Or might just wait and add to his other Stawell sashes.

I agree with you Cantrun if we are thinking of the same bloke,he has been on

34 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm

BMara

Toolman wrote:
Thatsthestats wrote:
Kangaroota wrote:Spies tell me he was indirectly suggested/warned not to run in gift. Unsatisfactory performance = loss of Stawell lift.  Heat was on after Maryborough performance.
If true this is good stewarding.

Oh ok then. It's good to know they are doing their job. They certainly made a statement with Domaschenz that's for sure. Coates was very lucky not to go down the same road. Those poor punters that took the $1.40 on her. Odds on look on I suppose

Well they don't see em all boys. In the St Albans Womens 120m somebody dropped 0.22sec from heat to semi to actually run slower then Tara and that is good enough for a tick

Statsman, can assure you, was discussed and given all clear, happy to allow a little leeway as the day turns to evening to night....especially off tight handicaps.Think its a little "pickie" to "zoom in" on this particular case...

Kanga.... good observation from spies

35 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Thatsthestats

Ok Mara fair enough then. Wouldn't have helped the punters anyhow. I agree with Cantrun if we are thinking of the same bloke he has been on fire of late and it will take a lot from the other vets to dous those flames. Castlemaine showed he is really warming to the task in the 300m and his 120m mark is pretty flaming good too so he really is a red hot show to do the double at Ballarat. Has he even scorched down the inside track in the vets before this season ?

Last edited by Thatsthestats on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

36 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:19 pm

BMara

Thatsthestats wrote:Ok Mara fair enough then. Wouldn't have helped the punters anyhow. I agree with Cantrun if we are thinking of the same bloke he has been on

Night Shift can fix anyone up.

37 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Trackstar

This thread reminds me of William Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing"
A masters race FFS!

38 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Hubbaup

You really don't rate the Masters do you Trackstar ?

39 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:36 am

Kangaroota

Kangaroota wrote:

BMara. Thankyou for the rule clarification with athletes running in flats or short spikes. All that is needed for transparency is to put this in the stewards report that they sought permission and were granted there wish. Running in this type of footwear indicates an injury or some other issue. The athlete that made the final in flats at Maryborough received a handicap lift at his next start. How can you be lifted when running in flats? If it was in the stewards report the handicapper would have been alerted. Look out when he dons the spikes.

lol!

Watched a great live feed of Trinity to see the athlete in question finally don the spikes and win. Got lifted while running in flats. Dons the spikes and wins. It is good to allow veterans with issues to run in flats but they should have to wear them for the whole season.

40 Re: Wangaratta Masters Fiasco on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Kangaroota wrote:
Kangaroota wrote:

BMara. Thankyou for the rule clarification with athletes running in flats or short spikes. All that is needed for transparency is to put this in the stewards report that they sought permission and were granted there wish. Running in this type of footwear indicates an injury or some other issue. The athlete that made the final in flats at Maryborough received a handicap lift at his next start. How can you be lifted when running in flats? If it was in the stewards report the handicapper would have been alerted. Look out when he dons the spikes.

lol!

Watched a great live feed of Trinity to see the athlete in question finally don the spikes and win. Got lifted while running in flats. Dons the spikes and wins. It is good to allow veterans with issues to run in flats but they should have to wear them for the whole season.

Sounds like a case of Rule 11.5
"11.5 Athletes may apply to the Chief Steward for permission to compete in bare feet and/or approved footwear. Once approval has been granted, the Athlete shall continue to compete in bare feet and/or approved footwear until otherwise approved by the Chief Steward."
I am sure the Chief Steward was all over this.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum