PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Nitro selections

Nitro selections

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nitro selections on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:04 am

Fishbowls

A few results recently might have nitro selectors thinking did they select the most inform sprinters going around. i understand that athletes also have to nominate but some athletes obviously have been selected from the previous season achievements and not current form.
Mens Sprints for example, hale, stubbs, hartman, stevens.

Both hale and stubbs couldn't get out of heats in 70m in tasy and didnt make burnie finals like previous year . Stubbs yet to run on track either.
Hartman gets beaten quiet easily in 200m by Gamble on the weekend in preferred event.
Stevens starting move well again after some injury time off, but most likey selected to run the 300m.

On current form, Bee ahead of all them for 60m sprints, Browning and Gamble both moving impressively.
I do hope the current boys are competitive on the big stage.

On the womens side alot on pressure put on a 17 year old to perform most of the sprints as mitchell, ruby, 400m and 800m runners.
Wearne also on form running 11.85 to 11.9 in nz and didnt break 25 in a 200m hopefully can improve.
The one that must be really disappointed is Ash Whittaker, does all the marketing and promotion work then doesn't get selected. Apparently injured since that hurts her prospect for a back up position. And who replaces stratton as she has also pulled out.

It would of been nice to see our best compete, breen, sally and ella. perhaps didnt fit in with training, maybe $$$ could of been a good incentive where athletes involved got a slice of the pie like other sports. We all know Athletics struggling in that department.

Food for thought

"Swimming Around in Circles"

2 nitro events list on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:20 am

Fishbowls

http://nitroathletics.com.au/news/nitro-athletics-competition-schedule-released

3 Re: Nitro selections on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

Baltimore Jack

If you are a sponsor of an individual athlete who made themselves unavailable, you've got every right to ask questions why the athlete chose to not compete in nitro. sale of tickets indicate this could be a massive boost to athletics. Some athletes whinge about lack of funding but don't want to compete when AA needs them. If its good enough for the greatest sprinter in history then a no show by a local looks very silly.

4 Re: Nitro selections on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 am

tasmanian

I heard that Jack Hale got injured at Burnie on New Years day. This season it sounds like he was preparing with emphasis on being at his peak for the Nitro Series and Australian Championships where as in the past he is up and about early in the season. Perhaps the heavier grass track at Burnie (due to rain in the lead up) contributed to his injury as can often happen on a grass track for athletes who are behind in their preparation.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum