PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 8:42 pm by JH

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » EASTER BUNNIES

EASTER BUNNIES

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who will win the 2017 Stawell Gift?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
7% 7% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
7% 7% [ 3 ]
10% 10% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
19% 19% [ 8 ]
29% 29% [ 12 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 4 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 42

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am

geton

Jess Williams mark will have to be adjusted surely. You can't rack up a 12.55 on the weekend & expect to keep the same mark you had last year!?

32 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Fishbowls

untouchables, bee wont run stawell.

33 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm

FortySevenThirty

I was all over Vernardos for Stonnington after seeing her Pb and handicap Untouchables. Had time up after the heats but after looking the likely winner half way down the straight was swallowed up by Taylor and Henderson. Either she is a good actress or just didn't run it out. I'm thinking the latter. I don't think the extra 20m is going to help her too much at Stawell. Bit like Steph Richards she also looks great for 70m or so but always finds a way to not win. She has so much talent that girl and cannot be dismissed come Easter. Taylor and Coates have to be respected but probably won't get any of my money. I think there are three South Australians that will a huge say on the result of this race also. Blizzard also cannot be underestimated. But a lot of things can change especially if there is a field lift for a Breen Wisal or Riley Day. Calculators are sure to come out once the marks are released.

34 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 pm

geton

Taylor looked the most comfortable for mine at Stonnington. Easily won heat & semi but didn't want to win the final. Who are the 3 from SA you're thinking?

35 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 pm

FortySevenThirty

Ok Geton, depending on marks of course but like the look of Mittiga Round and Farmer. Keep an eye on Jess Williams mark also. She ran well at SA championships and had a handy mark and made the semis from memory last year. Wisil in the form she is in would make it very interesting if she enters.

36 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 pm

geton

Like how Farmer runs but she would need to start closer to Round than what she did at the Bay. Round was favourite from memory & finished 3rd in the final. Farmer was ran out in the semis. Mittiga has been there before & had her shot. Williams can't keep the mark she had last year after running a PB on the weekend of 12.55. I still think whoever beats Taylor wins. You're spot on too re Blizzard. She's quality.

You might be right too about Mittiga being a smokey - just heard she ran 12.0 on the weekend.

Last edited by geton on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

37 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 pm

untouchables

Women's 120m

Byrt

Ryan

Vernados

Coates

Taylor

I think Vernados is much better than her pb of 12.49 sec, if she gets 8 or better for Stawell i think she will be hard to beat. Byrt is a class runner, strong. I will be having plenty of money on her at good odds. Coates in my opinion is much better over 120m than Taylor, both trained by a good coach in Rowsell. And Ryan trained by the most clever trainer on the circuit I am sure she will be in the mix when it comes to Stawell.

Men's 120m

Rizzo

Sonsini

B Richards

The Richards I will be backing at Stawell is Brett Richards at this stage. After watching him in the Stonnington gift last season, I think he will only make one appearance and take home the 40k.

38 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 am

ding dong

After watching Stephanie Richards all year, she's the one who will be taking all my money come Easter

39 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 am

racingmania

untouchables wrote:Women's 120m

Men's 120m

Rizzo

Sonsini

B Richards

The Richards I will be backing at Stawell is Brett Richards at this stage. After watching him in the Stonnington gift last season, I think he will only make one appearance and take home the 40k.  

Brett Richards injured his foot and is having this season off. won't be running at Stawell.

40 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 am

FortySevenThirty

geton wrote:Like how Farmer runs but she would need to start closer to Round than what she did at the Bay. Round was favourite from memory & finished 3rd in the final. Farmer was ran out in the semis. Mittiga has been there before & had her shot. Williams can't keep the mark she had last year after running a PB on the weekend of 12.55. I still think whoever beats Taylor wins. You're spot on too re Blizzard. She's quality.

You might be right too about Mittiga being a smokey - just heard she ran 12.0 on the weekend.

Yep I have her in around the 13.80 sec mark Geton. A real good chance in my opinion

41 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 am

FortySevenThirty

racingmania wrote:
untouchables wrote:Women's 120m

Men's 120m

Rizzo

Sonsini

B Richards

Brett Richards injured his foot and is having this season off. won't be running at Stawell.

Oh well back to the drawing board Untouchables

42 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:03 pm

untouchables

ok made some changes

Women's 120m

Byrt

Ryan

Vernados

Coates

Taylor

Sombrero

Dobbyn

I
Men's 120m

Rizzo

Sonsini

43 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Ribera

Expert
Expert
Is there too much focus on the ones that have picked up a Stawell bonus?
Last year 4 of the 6 finalists in the Gift were interstate athletes including the top 3. Only Ware and Rizzo made the final after picking up the Stawell bonus finishing 4th and 5th. Dunmall (1st) and Hale (3rd) received sizable lifts in handicap that year and Sanderson-M (2nd) was pulled 0.50m for a p.b.
No-one from last years Stonnington final made last years Stawell gift final.
The year before when the bonus was not available, Goodwin won Stawell after being pulled 0.50m for a dodgy run at Ararat.

Based on this rather thin data sample, 2 or 3 of the Stawell bonus athletes can final depending on semi final draw but would need significant improvement to get remotely close to winning it.
I would therefore be looking for an interstate athlete. One with previous good form who’s mark is starting to creep out again OR someone who has shown something and a judgement call is made as to their possible improvement.

Without looking too deeply the ones that have caught my eye are;
Matthews
Eckford
Ilett
Loughnan
Newman
Kember

44 Who will win the 2017 Stawell Gift? on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Seeing it's now the end of February, I've gone through the results and names mentioned in this thread and come up with 25 athletes for a poll.

If there's anyone I've missed or you think one should not be on the poll, feel free to offer a comment.

You can vote for someone this week and if you change your mind, you can cancel your vote and vote for someone else. But there's only one vote per member.

Poll will run for 45 days - until Good Friday.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

45 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:14 am

Fishbowls

Hey Admin, is there a poll for the women

46 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 am

Ribera

Expert
Expert
Good list of names so far. Not sure if you agree but anyone who has picked up a Stawell bonus lift must be included.
Camille is one of the biggest bunnies out there having already made 2 Stawell gift finals and won a Don Furness. Picked up 1m at Sandringham.
Carl Morehouse won Maribyrnong and has gone nicely under the radar. Picked up 0.50m.
Bee? Won St Albans. Based on Vic champs 100m it would be hard to see him beating Rialli at the handicaps. Picked up 0.75m
15 y/o Aaron Leferink was impressive at Avondale. Would need improvement. Picked up 0.50m

47 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 am

Toolman

If you do a Women's poll you will need the Cancel Vote option for Untouchables so he can change his tip every week

48 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm

untouchables

Toolman wrote:If you do a Women's poll you will need the Cancel Vote option for Untouchables so he can change his tip every week

Thank you Toolman

I do change every week my tip lol!

49 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Fishbowls wrote:Hey Admin, is there a poll for the women

Working on it. Give me about 20 names to start with. Please. Laughing

50 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Fishbowls

names for womens gift

Toea Wisil
Mel breen
Taylah Perry
Stephine Richards
Sarah Blizzard
Maddie Coates
Patrica Taea
Sophie Taylor
Mikayla Round
Kirtsty Stevens
Anie Mittaga
Nikki Venardos
Angela Byrt
Molly Farmer
Keely Henderson
Davina Strauss
Jessica Payne
Ebony Lane
Holly Dobbyn
Anna Pasqauli
Kiara Reddingius
Kate Jones

Theres a few have been a the top of a few racers with quick time, any other suggestions??

51 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Fishbowls

Mittaga a huge chance at stawell, after run at states, obvious improvement from ballarat where she came second.

52 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Toolman

You could probably add

Ellie Graf
LJ Hilditch
The Fighera sisters
Kayla Bunevicous
Tara Domaschenz
Lexi Loizou
Emma Rosentreter
Hayley Wyper
Jess Williams
Julia Phillips
Angela Phillips
Brigette Powell
Caitlin Hawks
Kelly McDonnell
Lynette Viney

All to Fishtails list. And I have probably left some out

53 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:06 pm

samq

Build a list of runners (aged under 30) for the men's gift who have run under 12.25 in the last five years at Stawell and now have relatively similar marks to that run. Add in your group 2/3/4 gift winners this season and your winner comes from there!

54 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 pm

OldandSlow

SAMQ - that comment of having to be under 30 is a little ageist don't you think :-)

Luke Versace in 2014 was 31 from memory when he won so it can be done.....

55 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 pm

vetsunite

OldandSlow is right, there are a couple of vets this year who could give the final a shake

56 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am

samq

OldandSlow wrote:SAMQ - that comment of having to be under 30 is a little ageist don't you think :-)

Luke Versace in 2014 was 31 from memory when he won so it can be done.....

"OldandSlow" i'll clarify the comment. (Under 30 at the time of completing that time). I also referred to the winner coming from the pool, not the actual finalists. There are many potential finalists, some in there 40's that could give this years gift a shake. Sorry for the confusion.

57 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Here's 31 - I need to cut it down to 25. Who do we take out? Who genuinely has no chance because there are several others going better off better marks?
I've already taken out a few because I thought realistically they can't win the Women's Stawell Gift. But it left me with 31. I want to delete another 6 names.
Then it gives us room to add more along the way.

Fishbowl, Toolman? Anyone who you would be prepared to offer 100/1?  Razz

Still 45 days to Easter Saturday.

Sarah Blizzard
Mel Breen
Kayla Bunevicous
Angela Byrt
Maddie Coates
Holly Dobbyn
Tara Domaschenz
Molly Farmer
Ellie Graf
Caitlin Hawks
Keely Henderson
Laura Jane Hilditch
Kate Jones
Ebony Lane
Kelly McDonnell
Amie Mittiga
Taylah Perry
Julia Phillips
Angela Phillips
Brigette Powell
Kiara Reddingius
Stephine Richards
Emma Rosentreter
Mikayla Round
Kirtsty Stevens
Patricia Taea
Sophie Taylor
Nikki Venardos
Jess Williams
Toea Wisil
Hayley Wyper

58 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:19 am

Fishbowls

Those who i think are lessor of a chance are

Bunevicous (injured hasnt run ???)
Ellie Graf (was injured lost alot at stonnington)
Caitlin Hawks (shown nothing this season to indicate)
Ebony Lane (yes if didnt take wins this season and only a little in front of those who have beaten her on track quite easy)
Julia Phillips (running super quick this year on quick track but still handicap behind girls that are faster)
Angela Byrt (handicap to tight)

59 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:25 am

OldandSlow

SAMQ - No need to apologise, I was far from having a crack - so thanks for the clarification.  31 is one thing but a vet in the final...big call and even bigger ask, but definately something I'd love to see.

60 Re: EASTER BUNNIES on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 am

vetsunite

Dunbar
Phelan
Both could make Stawell final as a vet

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum