PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

» Burntisland(Scotland)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:18 am by JH

» Somerset Gift (QAL) - Saturday 15th July 2017 & RESULTS
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am by Admin

» St Ronans (Borders Scotland) Results.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am by JH

» Loch Lomond (Scotland)
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 pm by Willo the Whisp

» High Performance Podcast - Matt Rizzo.
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 am by Downesy

» ALVA (Scotland)
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:28 pm by JH

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jorden Englund wins epic Burnie Gift final

Jorden Englund wins epic Burnie Gift final

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jorden Englund wins epic Burnie Gift final on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/4381795/epic-win-for-englund/

Jorden Englund wins epic Burnie Gift final

By Camron Slessor
The Advocate
1 Jan 2017

Burnie’s Jorden Englund captured the biggest win of his eight-year running career when he crossed the line first in the 2017 Burnie Men’s Gift.

The local stretched his arms out in an emotional fashion as he crossed the line ahead of a strong field just got the better of carnivals regular Daniel Reeves and Victorian backmarker Joel Bee. 

Englund ran off a mark of 10m and took the win in 12.85 and said he always felt like he had a chance once he made the final at West Park. 

“After the semi’s I knew I was in with a chance, I just knew I had to get out to a good start,” Englund said. 

“My first race this morning I didn’t start too well.

“I’m just really stoked to finally win it.”

Englund was embraced by friends and family as soon as he crossed the line and said it was a special moment not just for him, but for those who have supported him. 

“It means the world to not just me but to the guys who I train with, my family, my coach.

“I mean, I’ve been running for eight years and since day dot it’s the race you want to win.

“It means everything.”

The Coastal football talent who plays with Wynyard featured a lot in finals over the Carnival Series.

He said while wasn’t sure Burnie would be his event, he was just glad a local runner got the win.  

“I didn’t specifically time myself to win today that’s for sure.

“I was trying to run as well as I could at every carnival as I always have and it just worked out on the day.

“I knew I was just gonna get better as the day went on and thankfully it all worked out.

“I’m just super stoked to keep it here in Burnie, one more for the Tasmanians.” 

Englund blitzed his way into the final at West Park on Saturday with a time 12.81 ahead of fellow finalist Joel Bee.

Daniel Reeves also stormed into the final and was among the favourites in the final running off a mark of 11m and finished second to Englund in a thrilling finish.  

The win by Englund made it two for two on a local level as he followed Somerset runner, Morgan Gaffney in the women’s event.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum