PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances

Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Sorry birdman, like Whispers, said you lot are living in fairyland if you want us to cop that shit. WLS is on the money. The lachy improvement is way over acceptable. Now he shows where he's at, beating the Brighton gift winner by 3 metres, handicapper has no choice but to pull him back to a mark next Evans. 6.0. Next Gift, if he starts in front of Evans, he has to beat him again. If not, lachy can start looking to holiday brochures. and every1 overcomes injuries. big deal.

62 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Jenkins

birdman wrote:need t0 understand pe0ple that b0th Lachy and Ryan have made semi finals in 2014 0ff 8.25 and ran 2nd and 3rd in each semi in ar0und 12.6 12.7 they are b0th 2years 0lder

Fantastic eff0rt fr0m lachy wh0 0nly 12m0nths ag0 may n0t have been able t0 run again after a seri0us stress fracture

Plus they are b0th juni0r bay sheff winners
a dersvered winner and finalist

Birdman, you cannot congratulate Sheffield on his efforts in making the final compared to 12 months ago when he had stress fractures. He ran in the 70m novice of 5.50m and ran 7.933sec compared to Callahan off 5.50m the same mark but running a 7.713 around 2 metres quicker ONLY 3 weeks ago. As Wls stated Callahan didn't even make the final running a 12.87 (TSM won in 12.68) Where sheffield ran a 12.70 thats again nearly 2m quicker.

So drawing compaisions for a 120m between Callahan and Sheffield at pre bay the times were as below:
HEAT 3:
1st Oliver Callahan 7.00m 12.594
3rd Lachlan Sheffield 7.75m 12.788

Compare this to the Bay Sheffield:
2nd Oliver Callahan 7.75m 12.87 - Semi 4
1st Lachlan Sheffield 8.00m 12.70 - Semi 2

As you can see Callahan was lifted 0.75m while Sheffield was lifted 0.25m from Prebay into bay. This is so clear cut that even with a 0.5m advantage into Bay, Sheffield is still nearly 2m faster in 24/25 days. Every athlete tapers leading into the Bay and every athlete is feeling amazing when they run. But even with an olympic 2 month taper there is no possible way Sheffield could have come out and dropped those times in all heat semi and the final. Thats three runs across an afternoon where he had no prior practice throughout the season. Due to not making it out of his heats in any prior 120m race.

To me this smells rotten and makes me feel for those other athletes who run to their best ability week in week out. Callahan could have chosen Sheffields ways - Not run at henley (Or ran poorly at henley). kept his mark and continue to run poorly across other races in the season and come bay gain his lift to 8.25m (given he would receive the same lift as lachy) and made that final.
Instead he ran to his true and fair form week in and out and lost a position in the final to two other SA boys and a 17 year old inflated interstater.

As I look at it. The Winner was deserving and you cannot take anything away from him. Atkins ran every meet and made all but 1 final (Henley) usually made podium or falling to 4th position. Congratulations to him he showed his form throughout the whole season. Was not granted a lift yet still won.

63 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:31 pm

ratkins

Thanks for your kind words Jenkins.

It is hard to believe yes, but Lachy did infact improve a lot since Prebay.

Morphy Mongrel sounds like your a sore loser... Lachy overcame his injury exceptionally well, hadnt sprinted properly since 2014 Bay sheffield and only had about 2 months of training before the bay this year hence why he only started seeing improvements in the last two weeks.

Say what you want, but i race against him every week at training and the last two weeks he made crazy improvements.

This page seems to be full of haters, what he did was incredible and shows what a talent he is and the hard work he puts in.

I aint looking for some stupid online argument just stating the facts.

64 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Wls

Ryan you are seriously delusional if you think anyone person can improve that much in only a few weeks the facts have been put informant of you and if you still wish to believe bigger fool you are, this forum may have a lot of haters but they aren't wrong on this one but hey I'd love to be proven wrong I hope to see him out at the next carnival in the 120 if he hasn't entered I'm pretty sure they are still open and let's hope his form can continue

65 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:34 am

ratkins

Don't know who all these other people are but pretty sure I'm the only one that trains with him and I know what I saw but think what you want I couldn't give a crap just wanted to put it out there
But I hope everyone continues bitching it's very entertaining lol!

66 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Thanks Ryan - for your contribution & well done on your win. It should be the springboard for a successful career as a top class sprinter - and from what it has shown so far, it appears it might be over 200/400.

I'm going to come from another perspective. Back in the halcyon days of pro running, when there were about 160 runners entered for a VAL Gift, and you often had to win a heat to make a semi, the young guys had a healthy respect for the older blokes who had been around a while and enjoyed various degrees of success. Even though we were in rival camps, we (as one of those younger guys) looked up to the senior class pro's like Steve Proudlock, John DeCoite, Peter Toyne, and coaches like Butch Roberts, Monty Hirst, Jim Spain. And even though Neil King, Evan Armstrong and their SIO team were sometimes construed as cocky & arrogant,  - I did appreciate, admire & respected the fact these athletes were running seriously quick off tight marks. eg: John Dinan, Chris Perry, Matthew Webster, Grant Riddoch, etc. King & Armstrong were the best in the business, not only because they had several big race winners but more so because the winners invariably came off tight marks in big fields.

Later on I had some personal issues with Kingy and a couple of his athletes, but that had nothing to do with what they'd achieved or their experience in the sport. Today I look back and think what a great era it was - so many seriously fast athletes & excellent coaches capable of getting athletes to run very quick. As I use to say "telephone numbers inside even time."

Yep, as a young athlete, (pre & post 1985) I learned to treat them with respect and not talk bull crap to them. Their body of work was considerably greater than anything I'd achieved.

I certainly did not treat them as fools.

67 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:12 am

ratkins

Thank you Youngy.

I  certainly didnt mean to disrespect Wallace. I have the outmost respect for him and other runners such as Clay Watkins and what they have achieved.
I havent been around the open guys for long but what i know is that they have competed at a very high level and won some big pro meets as well.

We may not have many senior guys in SA at the moment but Wallace, Clay and Jake JB are ones that i look up to.

As i said i dont want to start an online argument, as you can see i only just created this account and didnt want it to be an anonymous account, not because i wanted to have a go at others but because i wanted others to know that it was me who has been training with Lachy and what i saw over the past few weeks.

They started to disrespect my team mate and friend and i couldnt just sit back and say nothing, didnt mean to offend anyone

68 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:35 pm

expeditious

Ryan, firstly congratulations on a big win.

Understandably you are standing up for a team mate. But what you have to understand is that people are NOT necessarily being disrespectful towards Lachlan as an athlete, but rightfully have serious concern as to how he's improved so much within a number of weeks. If it were any other athlete I'm sure you'd have the same speculations.
By removing himself from the 70m open and 120m restricted on day 1 it certainly shows he was confident in his ability to perform so miraculously on day 2. To you it may seem disrespectful to your team mate, but to many others it is seen as disrespectful to the sport and to those who have continued to give 110% every week. Which on paper, it does not appear he did so.

69 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:16 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hi Wls

Along with you, I also was suprised by Lachies run , not by what he can do , but by the improvement in what he has been doing.
But to come on this Forum as a fellow runner to question anothers performance certainly isnt the way to express your disappointment .
Just keep running hard, off your hard mark and the handicapper may look kindly on you.
By coming on here like you have , you throw yourself way open, remember Whispers has results going back years,Perhaps you may want to explain how you only run 50.68 off 34m at Camden in 2006 then came out and ran 47.24 off 29 in 2007 at Camden.On second thoughts dont worry about answering that , but do you get the picture.
Just worry about your backyard.

70 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Wls

I wasn't planing on writing anything else as I had said my peace but while you have pointed out a flaw in my record I do have an answer. In 05/06 season I was 15 and training like any 15 yr old didn't win any races that I can remember winter of 06/07 I did footy umpiring as well as running pre season so I worked for it also leading up to Camden I won 4 races in a row one of which was a 300 open so I had form going in and I was pulled 2 for Camden as well also won the 200 at flinders. I get where you were going with this but you are way off champ.

I did not get on here to belittle Sheffield I was pointing out what I thought was right and I would have done it had it been anyone it didn't matter ther person was erelevent, as for the my running and my handicap I'm happy I'm not here as a sore loser because I know Iv won my races and it's someone else's turn but I do believe there is a right way and a wrong way to win them

71 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hi Wls

I didnt mention your Reynella 13+ weeks before your 12.5 at Mt Gambier either .
I can hear you saying that Reynella was one of the first races of the season, you were young, the track at The Mount was better than Reynella etc etc .
I guess with every strange performance comes excuses and Ratkins gave his for his stablemate , but its not another athlete that should come on here and question another under his obvious name.
What you have done is shone the torch on your own stable , just hope that none of them have been hiding for Camden this season.Whispers thinks otherwise.

72 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Wls

You got me I'm a CHEAT Smile I cheated my slow ass all the way back to 4m pretty dumb don't you think? I could have won a bay by now had I only cheat a little harder what ya think?

Or is it that you are also playing a game or someone you are close with and are? So your happy to treat this sport like a joke?

id be happy to discuss with you in person so I can see your point of view but then again you can't come out from behind that mask you hide behind

Peace out

73 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Whispers, dragging up stuff from 9/10 years ago when an athlete was a 15/16yo doesn't help. Especially as you can cast aspersions whilst your own dubious history is not subject to the same scrutiny due to your choice to hide under the cloak of anonymity. Must be nice to be able to look at life through a rear vision mirror.

By the way, you have knocked up questioning performances on this forum and casting doubt on 'improvement' for years. Don't be such a hypocrite.

It's 2017 tomorrow - let's look forward to the rest of the season.

Happy New Year.

74 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:17 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Yes Youngy Happy New Year to you all.
But those in Glass Houses shouldnt throw stones.
By the way , wish the music wasnt so loud at the after party so I could hear the discussion going on between you and the Victorian Coach, seemed quite animated. Laughing Laughing Laughing

75 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:28 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Pot calling the kettle.......

Yeah the Victorian coach was saying to me "You're the best coach" and I was responding "No, you're the best coach." We argued over athletes, times, races....did get quite animated.

In the end we called it a draw and agreed that the results indicate we're both pretty good but lack the sports science degrees to ever be truly the best. scratch

By the way - it's first time I've seen this Robbie Williams Concert in Tallinn Estonia. Watching it this morning (skipping the ads) during breakfast and it's a cracker. 70,000 going off!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum