PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances

Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:13 pm

gofast

Its that time of year again .Just wondering what the Gossip is, leading up to Bay  
And who are the Chances, in the Gifts .Is anyone able to put up Polls for both Male and Female
Cheers gofast

2 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:34 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Just finished the Junior Bay Sheffield marks.

Coincidentally, for all three races - Under 14's, Under 18 Boys & Under 18 Girls the backmarker will be on 2 metres. I had planned to have at least two of them handicapped from scratch but it's easier to put the backmarker on 2.0 than it is to reconfigure the whole field.

Working on the Form Guide.....

I have no idea of what the back mark is for the open gifts.

Based on what we've seen from the VAL it's fair to say at this stage one of the early favourites for the Bay Sheffield would be Joel Bee.

Form Guide should be ready by early next week.

Sprinter101

Any idea on when the marks will be released?

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Sprinter101 wrote:Any idea on when the marks will be released?

7.13 Advice re Starting Time and Handicaps
When bookmakers are operating at a race meeting, the S.A.A.L. Office shall
advise all entrants of the starting time of each event and their handicap
mark/s approximately 7 days prior to the meeting.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Very interesting what you can find out when you venture down to a State Relay day with a stopwatch.
Really interesting how Trainers handle their athletes leading into the Bay Carnival, some really made their athletes work hard over several hit outs , some it was a quick short sprint in only one relay and some were sitting home in cotton wool and didnt run.

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:Very interesting what you can find out when you venture down to a State Relay day with a stopwatch.
Really interesting how Trainers handle their athletes leading into the Bay Carnival, some really made their athletes work hard over several hit outs , some it was a quick short sprint in only one  relay and some were sitting home in cotton wool and didnt run.
A good day and nice to see some of the Rio Olympians turn out for their clubs.
You didn't by any chance get the 4x400 payne and messant did you?

7 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 pm

2cents

i wasnt able to make it out there.
Any stand outs worth noting whispers?

8 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
2cents wrote:i wasnt able to make it out there.
Long-Scaffidi but off handicaps cant win the Bay.
I think the Select Mile winner very possibly had a good hit out, not necessary in the Saints A team either.
There were others, that off their marks at the Bay will be big chances , We all know who those are.
The girls were a real no show, the ones I wanted to time werent there.
And a couple of male athletes that are absolutely peeking for the Bay that I wanted to time werent there either.

9 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:16 am

2cents

Whispers wrote:
I think the Select Mile winner very possibly had a good hit out, not necessary in the Saints A team either.
There were others, that off their marks at the Bay will be big chances , We all know who those are.
And a couple of male athletes that are absolutely peeking for the Bay that I wanted to time werent there either.

yeah just from looking at the results on the website its evident the girls didnt turn up.
and from the males 4x100 looks like only 2 showed up. one from the winning team and one from the second team, both ran second, would have been interesting.
And as for Scaffidi, he always looks in reasonable shape just doesnt have the mark, could be dangerous in a semi though

10 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:47 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
What more can I say,2cents, pretty well spot on.
I forgot to mention, a good run by one of the Kustermann girls but not by the one who usually runs in the Saal.

11 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:47 pm

yogizz-84

Whispers wrote:

Select Mile winner wasnt wearing a Saints singlet ('A' or 'B').............

12 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Bay Sheffield Form Guide has been taken to by the censors.

The uncut version won't see the light of day (except perhaps for a few friends.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

Just waiting for it to be checked again with the recommended changes.

Whilst not mentioning who the athletes involved are - some of the lines left out included references to:
Christmas ham being overcooked, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, A crocodile walks into the pub, broken dreams, sexual activity........

There is still a lot of crazy stuff in there - pretty sure it will pass the Dylan Panizza approval meter.
(Dylan was the one who encouraged us to jazz it up with humour).

And just on that - please don't take any offence. The idea was to make it fun to read. It took me near on 30 hours and is over 7500 words long.
And..........If you do take offence,  Tell it to your mum.
I couldn't care less. cheers

13 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:01 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Bay Sheffield Form Guide to be released to MEMBERS ONLY Tonight (Tuesday).

14 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
youngy wrote:Bay Sheffield Form Guide has been taken to by the censors.

The uncut version won't see the light of day (except perhaps for a few friends.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

BUGGAR , guess poor old Whispers will have to settle for the edited version then

15 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:23 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Whispers pick for the Bay

Callahan.......went back a metre for breaking at Henley, doesnt show in the results !! so actually won off 6.50, out to 7.75 for the Bay, will be in it up to his ears.Only thing standing in his way is he will run out of tape for his injured legs.
Shepherd...Only needs to be in good form off his handicap.Handicap is probably an early Christmas present given he almost made a Stawell Gift final a year or two ago on much less.
Atkins.....No matter what street corner you go down theres someone wanting to tip him to you.Stable knows how to win the big ones.
Woodhams ..Peaking at the right time and has been on the real big stage before so wont get stage fright.
Houlihan...Bobs up every year at this time , big strong runner who handles Colley reserve, Similar handicap and may final but the dais could be a struggle.
Cibich...Another who peaks at the right time every year , similar handicap but the dais is a bit beyond.The season he gives away the footy boots and concentrates on a proper base will be his year.

16 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 am

Spiderman

Whispers wrote:Whispers pick for the Bay

Callahan.......went back a metre for breaking at Henley, doesnt show in the results !! so actually won off 6.50, out to 7.75 for the Bay, will be in it up to his ears.Only thing standing in his way is he will run out of tape for his injured legs.
Shepherd...Only needs to be in good form off his handicap.Handicap is probably an early Christmas present given he almost made a Stawell Gift final a year or two ago on much less.
Atkins.....No matter what street corner you go down theres someone wanting to tip him to you.Stable knows how to win the big ones.
Woodhams ..Peaking at the right time and has been on the real big stage before so wont get stage fright.
Houlihan...Bobs up every year at this time , big strong runner who handles Colley reserve, Similar handicap and may final but the dais could be a struggle.
Cibich...Another who peaks at the right time every year , similar handicap but the dais is a bit beyond.The season he gives away the footy boots and concentrates on a proper base will be his year.  

Nice tips Whispers! HOWEVER . . . Don't know what race you were watching at Brighton but Woodhams looked a bit off the pace! he can't make the final based on that. Not sure you should be tipping Cibich either especially ahead of the local hopefuls such as Hancock and Tucker.

Interstaters to watch would have to be Joel Bee and maybe Stevens depending on his injury

17 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:06 pm

2cents

Spiderman wrote:

Nice tips Whispers! HOWEVER . . . Don't know what race you were watching at Brighton but Woodhams looked a bit off the pace! he can't make the final based on that. Not sure you should be tipping Cibich either especially ahead of the local hopefuls such as Hancock and Tucker.

Interstaters to watch would have to be Joel Bee and maybe Stevens depending on his injury

All good tips!
Baird i think worth noting as well, as well as john evans. both ran past atkins and hancock at brighton.

18 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:19 pm

racingmania

plenty of buzz around that Joel Bee is flying.
interstaters - Bee, Stevens, Bedford, Sanderson-Milera, Rooke S, Wurm.
SA chances, Atkins, Houlihan, Tucker, Evans, Callahan, Hancock.
Final = SA 3, Others 3

19 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
[quote="Spiderman"]

. . . Don't know what race you were watching at Brighton but Woodhams looked a bit off the pace! he can't make the final based on that.

Hello Spiderman..Obviously we view things differently.Woodhams only finished a Bees you know what from the placegetters in his semi, 1st to 4th there was jack you know what between them.Woodhams gains thats Bees you know what in the handicaps whilst a lot of the others stay where they are.One of many chances .

20 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Spiderman

Dear Whispers
The semi you speak of and the Bay marks in comparison
Woodhams 7.0 - 7.25
Baird 7.0 - 7.75
Atkins 7.5 - 7.5
Johnson 8.50 - 10.25

Couldn't beat Johnson and Baird at Brighton so I won't be putting my bet on him since he loses even more in the handicaps at the Bay. Would need to find a pretty big bees you know what to just beat those two alone.

Callahan is my pick! Remember he won Henley off 6.50 and he's got 7.75 for the Bay!

21 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:05 pm

racingmania

I think Baird got an extra bit because of his stable. sympathy half metre. Crying or Very sad
also think the handicapper doesn't need extra pressure he puts on himself with sympathy lifts for Johnson and Hancock. Been in the final more than once. Why should they get another chance at the expense of a first time runner?
hate to see a young buck miss out on a final because a vet got a big jump in marks.

Last edited by racingmania on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

22 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

2cents

Spiderman wrote:Dear Whispers
Woodhams 7.0 - 7.25
Baird 7.0 - 7.75
Atkins 7.5 - 7.5
Johnson 8.50 - 10.25

Couldn't beat Johnson and Baird at Brighton so I won't be putting my bet on him since he loses even more in the handicaps at the Bay. Would need to find a pretty big bees you know what to just beat those two alone.

Callahan is my pick! Remember he won Henley off 6.50 and he's got 7.75 for the Bay!

Atkins was one i had up there, didnt realise he has kept the same handicap, whereas others got lifted.
might not do as well as i first thought.
better have a closer look at the handicaps

23 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:13 pm

racingmania

2cents wrote:
Atkins was one i had up there, didnt realise he has kept the same handicap, whereas others got lifted.
might not do as well as i first thought.
better have a closer look at the handicaps

Atkins best hasn't been since yet. he's already got the mark he needs to win.

24 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Spiderman wrote:Dear Whispers
Woodhams 7.0 - 7.25
Baird 7.0 - 7.75
Atkins 7.5 - 7.5
Johnson 8.50 - 10.25

Woodhams going by your assessment will need to find something.
Im with you with Callahan as you would have seen by my tips, BUT the real big query there is his Coach.Relatively new to Pro running Coaching and may not be able contain her excitement enough to keep Callahan relaxed.

25 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
racingmania wrote:plenty of buzz around that Joel Bee is flying.
interstaters - Bee, Stevens, Bedford, Sanderson-Milera, Rooke S, Wurm.
SA chances, Atkins, Houlihan, Tucker, Evans, Callahan, Hancock.
Final = SA 3, Others 3

Not bad RM, but I reckon you might have missed an interstater who is in the double digit marks. If my hunch is correct he could do some serious damage in this. He's from a stable that history shows you need to watch. He's the only one, where I actually altered the Form Guide profile once I saw the mark.

26 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:20 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
OPEN Bay Sheffield Marks

1 Mitchell Williams-Swain 1.00 m
2 Joel Bee 2.00 m
3 Jordan Caldow 2.25 m
4 Liam Gander 2.75 m
5 Clay Watkins 2.75 m
6 Luke Stevens 3.00 m
7 Ryan Bedford 3.75 m
8 Wallace Long-Scafidi 4.50 m
9 Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera 4.50 m
10 Andrew Robinson 4.75 m
11 Nathan Riali 5.00 m
12 Luke Houlihan 5.75 m
13 Tim Rooke 5.75 m
14 Dean Scarff 6.25 m
15 Liam Moss 6.50 m
16 Sam Osmond 6.50 m
17 Lewis Abdul 7.00 m
18 Michael Brusnahan 7.00 m
19 James Cibich 7.00 m
20 John Evans 7.00 m
21 Ben Kirk 7.00 m
22 Alexander Mammone 7.00 m
23 Tim McGuire 7.00 m
24 Jack Panuccio 7.00 m
25 Jason Polglase 7.00 m
26 Alex Saliu 7.00 m
27 Frankie Schinella 7.00 m
28 Dylan Panizza 7.25 m
29 Brian Wilson 7.25 m
30 Dale Woodhams 7.25 m
31 Ryan Atkins 7.50 m
32 Brodie Jackson 7.50 m
33 Thomas Moloney 7.50 m
34 Jack Newman 7.50 m
35 Jordan Tronnolone 7.50 m
36 Sebastian Baird 7.75 m
37 Kevin Brittain 7.75 m
38 Oliver Callahan 7.75 m
39 Bradley Bain 8.00 m
40 James Bayliss 8.00 m
41 Jesse Cordoma 8.00 m
42 Jake Jervis-Bardy 8.00 m
43 Nicholas Krznaric 8.00 m
44 Sam Laucirica 8.00 m
45 Kyle Roberts 8.00 m
46 Lachlan Sheffield 8.00 m
47 Jack Norris 8.25 m
48 Stuart Rooke 8.25 m
49 Mitchell Tucker 8.25 m
50 Tom Newman 8.50 m
51 Damian Tohl 8.75 m
52 Ollie Wurm 8.75 m
53 Robert Ballard 9.00 m
54 Michael Bolton 9.00 m
55 Deng Bulabek 9.00 m
56 Ryan Camille 9.00 m
57 Samuel Grouios 9.00 m
58 Kristerfer Kardakovski 9.00 m
59 Harrison Kerr 9.00 m
60 Dion Paull 9.00 m
61 Daniel Richardson 9.00 m
62 Connor Verrall 9.00 m
63 David Gross 9.25 m
64 Liam Shepherd 9.25 m
65 Lyall Weir 9.50 m
66 Sean Law 9.75 m
67 Trent O'Loughlin 9.75 m
68 Josh Tiu 9.75 m
69 Misha Lizoguboff 10.00 m
70 Jake Ryder 10.00 m
71 Michael Voumard 10.00 m
72 Tim Johnson 10.25 m
73 Liam Wright 10.25 m
74 Ryan Hancock 10.75 m
75 Nickolas Berry 11.00 m
76 Lawrence Coop 11.00 m
77 Simon Crichton 11.00 m
78 Jarrad Dartnall 11.00 m
79 Michael Dotti 11.00 m
80 Ben Hardy 11.00 m
81 Ryan Hoffman 11.00 m
82 Evan Jarvis 11.00 m
83 Emily Longo 11.00 m
84 Rupert Lugo 11.00 m
85 Hayden Petherick 11.00 m
86 Glenn Ross 11.00 m
87 Brad Schutz 11.00 m
88 Paul Taylor 11.00 m
89 Lachlan Taylor 11.00 m
90 Darren Whittaker 11.00 m

27 Baird gets sympathy vote on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:44 pm

wannabrunner92

Hey Racingmania, great observation, very insightful. So you are suggesting Seb Baird getting a 3rd at the Pre Bay and 2nd at Brighton must mean his squad is no good, or the competition is cheating by holding back or not competing at all which makes him look better maybe, so he needs a sympathy lift? So in your expert opinion where should he go and/or who is going to do a better job with him?

28 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:55 pm

racingmania

wannab - Call it how I see it. Shouldn't need extra 0.75 IMHO.

29 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Jenkins

Callahan looks to be in the goods. Getting an extra 0.75m will see him hard to get past in a semi.
Bee is another really interesting look. Has plenty of confidence coming over from VAL where he has put his mark especially in the 70m. So can stir something up from all the way back on 2m.
Hancock lifted from 9.75m to 10.75m which is a nice jump similar to Johnson.
The interesting question marks are over Atkins and Baird. Atkins hasn't seen his mark moved guessing due to potential. Whereas Baird is given 7.75m, personal opinion sees this 0.75m lift as a sympathy lift. Nothing against the squad but he doesn't run all season until the non penalty period in December and still gets the nod for an additional lift.
Coming third at pre bay and second at Brighton shows that earlier in the season he would have easily been able to win a minor race. Being rewarded for not showing form IMO.

All things aside it looks to be a very exciting day for all of SAAL and those watching!

30 Re: Bay Sheffield Discussion - Marks & Chances on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:51 pm

racingmania

Jenkins wrote:Callahan looks to be in the goods. Getting an extra 0.75m will see him hard to get past in a semi.
Bee is another really interesting look. Has plenty of confidence coming over from VAL where he has put his mark especially in the 70m. So can stir something up from all the way back on 2m.
Hancock lifted from 9.75m to 10.75m which is a nice jump similar to Johnson.
The interesting question marks are over Atkins and Baird. Atkins hasn't seen his mark moved guessing due to potential. Whereas Baird is given 7.75m, personal opinion sees this 0.75m lift as a sympathy lift. Nothing against the squad but he doesn't run all season until the non penalty period in December and still gets the nod for an additional lift.
Coming third at pre bay and second at Brighton shows that earlier in the season he would have easily been able to win a minor race. Being rewarded for not showing form IMO.

All things aside it looks to be a very exciting day for all of SAAL and those watching!

re: Baird. 100% agree. On form and no 120 appearance before december? Runs pre-bay/brighton and places in both? Should not have got the lift and IMHO would not have got/needed it if he ran with some other stables. only have to see whats happened to athletes who run since henley from other stables to work this out. My personal opinion, If he doesn't final = massive fail.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum