PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » VAL RESULTS » Terang Results

Terang Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Terang Results on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:13 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
70m Open
1st Joel Bee 1.75
2nd Mason Keast 7
3rd LJ Hilditch 13

120m Womens
1st Cara Boustead 9.75
2nd Tara Domaschenz 4.25
3rd Kirsty Stevens 9.25

120m Open
1st Isaac Dunmail 3
2nd Tim Rosen 13
3rd Mason Keast 9

120m Masters
1st John Hilditch 14
2nd Scott Shillito 15.50
3rd Brendon Boyle 13.50

120m Under 20
1st Angus Burns 23
2nd Paddy Turner 13.50
3rd Harrison Minett 13

300m Womens & Masters
1st Elisha Ezard 66
2nd David Haigh 26
3rd Suzan Sinclair 44

400m Open
1st Joel Bee 10
2nd Shane Ezard 30
3rd Greg Mitchell 21

800m Open
1st Martine Beer 180
2nd Sean Quilty 102
3rd Mark Andrews 52

1600 Open
1st Sean Quilty 220
2nd Stefan Catalano 315
3rd Michael Preece 80

400m Under 20
1st Brayden Maurer 38
2nd Jake Ireland 40
3rd Anthony Dempster 22

2 Re: Terang Results on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 pm

eagleeye

So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

3 Re: Terang Results on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Thatsthestats

Boom !!! Welcome to Protrack EagleEye. Huge first post Ha Ha

4 Re: Terang Results on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:29 pm

OldandSlow

And here we go again....Rosen wins people complain he's got too much mark, Rosen loses he's apparently not trying to win - I'm not too sure we can have it both ways.

eageleye - welcome to the forum and it's a pitty your first post was such a  negative one but let's take a look at what you are essentially saying.

Tim won his semi final in what 12.72 (?) which you seemingly thought was a brilliant run as you highlighted by how much he won by. Now the guy comes out and runs only .07 seconds slower in the final, loses by only .03 and you translate that to not trying and 'dogging it'.  

Maybe we watched a different race but it didn't look like he sat in the blocks, got out extra slow, pulled up at the end or decided not to dip.

Therefore could it be possible that he just got run down by a better athlete on the day?

People will come to their own conclusions, but it seems all too easy to essentially label an athlete a cheat without too much thought.

5 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:26 am

Trackstar

eagleeye wrote:So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

Hey Beagle eye, back to the drawing board. If you want credibility don't open your innings like Dave Warner on speed. Build your innings Mark Taylor style.
First up and you've gone the big tonk, missed and got clean bowled. Golden duck.
Rosen was out to stop Dunmall getting the auto stawell lift. His mate wating for stawell is not happy.

6 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:02 am

Mex

eagleeye wrote:So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

I tend to write with a tongue firmly planted in a cheek regarding the polls and tips. While some of the comments are true, some are designed for fun. One thing I am sure of after a small twitter conversation with Rosen was that he was trying to win. If someone could post a video of the final for us to see that would be great.

My greatest frustration in this sport is not people like Rosen who have won races when they are there to win (Maribyrnong comes to mind) it is more about the blatant non trying and lack of this being followed up across all distances. Quite often this results in someone getting a lift that in my opinion they do not deserve.

From the results on the weekend it seems that times were relatively slow other than the 70m down the gift track. Where was someone like Eschebach? Should have been in the final with a Rosen and Dunmall.

As for Rosen, he is an interesting character. He sits out in front and guys cannot run him down. He wins races when they are there even if they are smaller gifts. I think he should focus on a bigger gift this season but I am not his coach. He did get out to a large mark early days and it is easy to highlight this which is why it does keep coming up but that is probably more to do with the system than the individual.

Maybe I am wrong and he has well and truly pulled the wool over my cataracts. Time will tell.

7 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:54 am

Dmac

Come on people, don't feed the troll! Obvious baiting Rosen comment is obvious.

8 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Just want to follow up on a comment Mex made about Eschebach not being in the final of the Gift. At Terang it was semi winner and 6 times through to the final with all six time coming from the second semi. Eschebach was 2nd in the first semi but didn't get through and Dunmall who won his semi went on to win the final, which brings me to my point. Why/How does the VAL persevere with using so many times for progression when clearly they aren't accurate. Too often we have the situation where nearly all the time progressions come out of the one semi final. I'm happy to see times progress but when there are 2 semi's it should be at least first 2 plus times.
I agree with your sentiments on Rosen, he was there to win and came up short.

9 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 am

OldandSlow

Trackstar -3 weeks into the season and you're already calling who the Easter bunnies will be Laughing

I'm guessing who you are referring to but his time has passed for Stawell Gift. Just a little too old and off the pace to be in the mix come April, although that won't stop him having a crack (and probably at everything which maybe half the problem).

Or possibly you know something we all don't this early in the season?

10 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:08 am

DDog

Great to see pundits firing after quiet winter. No doubt Rosen was trying; I had misconception that everyone was trying, if not why aren't stewards rubbing them out for not trying.
Track was slow , in racing parlance soft 5, lot of give underfoot. Great run by Dunmall, Eschebach stiff to miss final, too dense to work out how times differ like that. I think even greater run by Joel Bee to win 400, off 10m in 46.7 circling the field on a non smooth surface. McNamara flying too, looks a lot stronger.

11 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:20 am

Trackstar

OldandSlow wrote:Trackstar -3 weeks into the season and you're already calling who the Easter bunnies will be  Laughing  

I'm guessing who you are referring to but his time has passed for Stawell Gift. Just a little too old and off the pace to be in the mix come April, although that won't stop him having a crack (and probably at everything which maybe half the problem).

Or possibly you know something we all don't this early in the season?

Timmy's gotta lot mates. Smile

12 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:03 pm

eagleeye

He has you all fooled. Dogged the start in final

13 Re: Terang Results on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Downesy

eagleeye wrote:He has you all fooled. Dogged the start in final

What and who is he trying to "fool", pray tell?

Pretty honest competitor Imo.

14 Re: Terang Results on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:20 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016.
Western District Newspapers

TERANG’S marquee annual athletics event the Terang Gift was hailed as the “greatest ever” by Terang Athletics Club’s Richard Wearmouth.

The 2016 edition was held last Sunday at the Terang Recreation Reserve in perfect conditions and a large crowd in attendance.

Wearmouth said it was an action packed day for both competitors and spectators alike.

“It was undoubtedly the greatest gift meeting the club has produced in its 10 year existence,” he said.

“Often at such competitions there will be one standout highlight but this gift meeting had at least four.”

The open Roy Northeast Terang Gift was taken out in sensational fashion by 2016 Stawell Gift winner Isaac Dunmall who came off the three metre mark to take out the $2500 Gift.

He had been in early form, running a 100m in 10.4 seconds in the past fortnight and winning the 70m and finishing second in the Warrnambool Gift the previous day.

It was the first win by a backmarker in the history of the Gift.

The victory did not come easily for the 23 year-old Queenslander who ran 12.97 in his semi-final win while 2015 champion Tim Rosen clocked a much faster 12.72 in his semi.

True to their semi finals wins, Dunmall and Rosen went to the line locked together with a developed print giving Dunmall the victory by the barest of margins.

Young Delacombe runner Mason Keast finished a close up third.

Cara Bousted claimed back-to-back victories in the Jill McKenzie Women’s Gift.

Bousted from Maribyrnong had the fastest heat time by two metres and she continued that form by running away with the final.

Backmarker Ballarat athlete Tara Domaschenz tried very hard but could not overhaul Bousted, while Kirsty Stevens ran up to her heat win by claiming third.

The Laurie Heffernan 1600m saw former Olympian and Commonwealth Games athlete Sean Quilty win a thrilling race by centimetres from two time race victor Stefan Catalano.

Quilty had warmed up for this event by finishing second in the 800m.

In the final lap, Catalano overtook the leaders before Leon Brooks and Quilty threw down strong challenges with backmarker Michael Preece looking ominous.

At the top of the home straight, Quilty dashed to the lead but Catalano fought back resolutely with Brooks still there and Preece closing.

On the line it was the Martine Beer trained Quilty narrowly from Catalano with a close up Preece edging out Brooks for third.

One of the most keenly contested races is always the 70m.

Heading the entries was Joel Bee from Maribyrnong who like Dunmall, is one of Australia’s fastest 100m athletes.

At the first Victorian Athletics League (VAL) meeting for the season at Sandringham, Bee took out the 70m from the very tough mark of two metres.

He was pulled a quarter of a metre for that win, but the John Henry trained athlete unleased an astonishing finish to beat Delacome athlete Mason Keast and Laura Jane Hilditch who off her mark of 13 metres gave a great sight.

The 800m open handicap saw the outmarker Martine Beer 180m hold off all challengers to register a well deserved victory.

Justine White was off the same mark, but Beer ran away from her immediately and maintained a strong run to claim victory.

At times it looked like the chasing pack might overhaul her, but she displayed great resilience to win.

The Rowville athlete also coaches and two of her charges in Sean Quilty and Mark Andrews rounded out the placings.

John Hilditch, a past Terang Gift winner took out the Tony Arundell 120m Masters and Women’s final.

He came off 14 metres and was a clear winner over last year’s Stawell Veteran 100m victor, Ballarat’s Scott Shillitoe who was off 15.5 metres and Brendan Boyle off 13.5 metres.

Ararat’s Angie Burns used his 23 metre handicap to power away from his rivals to take out the 120m Under 20 Handicap.

The handicappers would have been observers as the Marcus Cooper trained runner produced the most clear cut victory for the day.

His stablemate Paddy Turner off 13.5 metres and Harrison Minett off 13 metres both chased hard but would be satisfied with the weekend as they had won at Warrnambool the day before.

The Masters and Women’s 300m was a good contest with local Anthony O’Connor winning his heat in convincing fashion.

However it was Elisha Ezard off 66 metres, who overtook Gary Connor (67 metres) and Gary Blaker (69 metres) early and staved off all challengers for a strong win.

The Under 20 400m went to St Albans Park youngster Brayden Maurer off 38 metres who overtook South Warrandyte’s Jake Ireland 40 metres before the turn and stormed home for an emphatic victory.

Wearmouth said of all the action so far, the best was yet to come.

“Just when spectators thought they had witnessed enough memorable moments, the open 400 metres produced arguably the greatest 400 metres ever run at this ground,” he said.

“Joel Bee who had won the first event of the meet showcased his talent when off the back mark of 10 metres he circled the field of 10 and won by three metres in a sensational time of 46.7 seconds.

“A lot of old pundits of the sport applauded the victory as one of the best in the VAL in recent years.”

Torquay’s Shane Ezard finished second and Greg Mitchell claimed third in the event.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum