PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Brighton Open Gift
Today at 2:38 pm by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Today at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Today at 10:35 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 11:54 pm by BadSnowman

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Yesterday at 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Yesterday at 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Henley Updates on Twitter tonight - check in around 6-10pm!

Henley Updates on Twitter tonight - check in around 6-10pm!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
Should be able to "Tweet The Meet" tonight at Henley.

Start just after 6.10pm with the final of the 800m Open which is a straight final.

So if you are not at the track - check the Protrack Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/ProTrackAust?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

City of Charles Sturt
800 Metre Open

EVENT 3 6:08 pm

Red         Bourke                Daniel                 36.00          
White      Crate                   Benn                   36.00          
Blue        Sellar                  Lachlan              36.00        
Yellow    Bero                     Luke                    48.00          
Green     Earle                   Tim                      52.00          
Black       Mayol                  Chan                  52.00          
Pink        Kitto                     Bradley               60.00        
1              Watkins              Corey                  63.00          
2              Hennig               Lachlan              65.00        
3              Jelfs                     Stephen             68.00          
4              Sellar                  Jordan                70.00          
5              Fallon                 Matthew             76.00          
6              Kane                   Robert                 76.00      
7              Konetschka       Matthew             80.00        
8              Girolamo            David                  90.00      
9              Harvey                Jordan                90.00      
10            Rubino               Hunter                100.00      
11            Dingwall             Gregor                115.00

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
By the looks of those times in the circle events theres obviously to many athletes on inflated marks, a lot of athletes in really good shape for the first meeting of the season OR the circle track was a touch short. Question Question
All circle times were very very very good. Exclamation Exclamation

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
The second place girl in the 400m Womans , running under net and still being underage No No No No No

BG

Whispers,

Are you serious??

The kid is a talent and had 3 people starting behind her! Sported at least an 8m start to more than half the field. If anybody wants to complain about that result, they'd be better off spending their time and energy on trying to run faster!

By the way, you've also questioned ALL of the circular times. Which is it? One runner has run too fast or all of them??

BG

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
BG

I wasnt referring to the girls particular effort but the fact that she ran second and should/will be hit twice by the handicapper for her second and she shouldnt be for a short track . honestly BG you must believe in fairies if you didnt think the track was short.
All times were faster on the circular track compared with other years
You go away and work out what the first and second placegetters would have ran if they ran the full 400m in the Womans 400m ,I have them both in the 55s given it was a turf track at the beginning of the season , maybe with the times they ran they should have both tried out for Rio.
I know we are both going to differ on this , I will remain that the track was slightly short , thats why I feel sorry for the second placegetter.

BG

The joy of emails Whispers! I read your post a different way - as in not being happy that a junior was able to be that competitive.

We are not going to differ at all!

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Cheers BG I should have been more clear in what I was meaning.
Just thought the girl with a last seasons PB over 400m at Santos of 1.00.8 was going to be pretty hard done by , by running to her best and getting a double penalty for going under the limit and the under age rule the handicapper can use as well and not even winning.And all this because maybe ,just maybe the track could have been a tad short.
Just hope the handicapper believes the same as me, uses discretion powers and doesnt crucify the athlete.
Without harping on to much I wouldnt like to see the girl go back another 4m for an honest run.

Trevorpayne

I think she only run a few races last year due to a broken arm ,pretty sure she has run around 58.
I agree she is talented

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trevorpayne wrote:I think she only run a few races last year due to a broken arm ,pretty sure she has run around 58.
I agree she is talented

Hi Trevor

She did win a 1000m at Loxton off a tight mark against older girls prior to her Seasonal PB so her broken arm couldnt have set her back too much.

Do you think your daughter actually ran 54.82 off 36 last Fri night ?

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:
Trevorpayne wrote:I think she only run a few races last year due to a broken arm ,pretty sure she has run around 58.
I agree she is talented

Hi Trevor

She did win a 1000m at Loxton off a tight mark against older girls prior to her Seasonal PB so her broken arm couldnt have set her back too much.

It would be nice to think she did. But after today's results honestly no.
I think 59 sec was the fastest time for 400 girls at all schools.
So it seems you may have a valid point.

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:
I agree she is talented

Hi Trevor

It would be nice to think she did. But after today's results honestly no.
I think 58 sec was the fastest time for 400 girls at all schools though a good time for the first runs of the season.
So it seems you may have a valid point.

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:
I agree she is talented

Hi Trevor

Hi whispers
Just back from the sacred heart meet and one thing that I noticed was that the times were pretty even in the 400 to the Henley beach meet especially in the first heat.
Not sure on the final times as we left because my daughter didn't feel to good .
It could well be the track was accurate or it was short twice both fairly consistent times though across the board.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trevorpayne wrote: could well be the track was accurate or it was short twice both fairly consistent times though across the board.

Either way its equal for all athletes.
You would expect faster times slightly at Sacred Heart than Henley because its further into the season and athletes are fitter and one is an athletes track and the other a footy oval.
Might slip in and run the wheel around when I go past this week if I get time.

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:
Trevorpayne wrote: could well be the track was accurate or it was short twice both fairly consistent times though across the board.

Either way its equal for all athletes.
You would expect faster times slightly at Sacred Heart than Henley because its further into the season and athletes are fitter and one is an athletes track and the other a footy oval.
Might slip in and run the wheel around when I go past this week if I get time.
A great time by the young rose Pittman either way .
She reminds very much of messant.
Also Molly Farmer she constantly just chips away at her times .
Two talented athletes .

15 measured on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am

safrican

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I can assure you the track was accurate at Bowker street. 70m, 120m & 400m were true.

racingmania

Thanks safrican, track conditions were quick, good breeze, warm, slightly downhill. should be much different at colley on sunday.
FWIW I remember a time when Lauren Payne and Molly Farmer were running similar times.
from what I see now, Molly Farmer keeps improving. Lauren Payne has fallen off the pace.

Trevorpayne

Hi I agree
Lauren has struggled to make the same improvements but I give her credit for giving 100 percent every time. Also I can't deny I think Molly will be one of SA top sprinters she's a nice girl and a great athlete.
Not making excuses but last year she had a fractured foot in October the year prior she had her biggest injury a partial detachment of her hamstring from her growth plate.
Also her main event is the 400 hurdles which she made the finals at the nationals last year in the under 17's at 14 years old
Your right she has fallen behind or not developed her speed as much as others I fully agree with you and it's something she is trying to work on
I too would of hoped her speed had devolved more but you can't force an egg through a bottle top. You just have to keep trying your best.

racingmania

thanks for the back story Trevor. Puts it into perspective. good to see Lauren still out there and hope to see her running well soon.

Trevorpayne

racingmania wrote:thanks for the back story Trevor. Puts it into perspective. good to see Lauren still out there and hope to see her running well soon.

Thankyou
And I admire your opinion it was bang on

D G

Trevorpayne wrote:
I too would of hoped her speed had devolved more but you can't force an egg through a bottle top.

Actually Trevor you can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUa_DRUjYs

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trevorpayne wrote:Hi I agree
Lauren has struggled to make the same improvements but I give her credit for giving 100 percent every time. Also I can't deny I think Molly will be one of SA top sprinters she's a nice girl and a great athlete.
Not making excuses but last year she had a fractured foot in October the year prior she had her biggest injury a partial detachment of her hamstring from her growth plate.
Also her main event is the 400 hurdles which she made the finals at the nationals last year in the under 17's at 14 years old
Your right she has fallen behind or not developed her speed as much as others I fully agree with you and it's something she is trying to work on
I too would of hoped her speed had devolved more but you can't force an egg through a bottle top. You just have to keep trying your best.

100m 13.58s 13-Feb-16 (+0.Cool
100m 13.47s 13-Feb-16 (+0.1)
200m 27.25s 13-Feb-16 (+0.2)
200m 27.57s 13-Feb-16 (-1.9)
400m 1:01.42s 13-Feb-16
200mH 35.31s 13-Feb-16 (-1.6)
400mH (76.2cm) 1:08.86s 13-Feb-16

400m 1:01.83s 22-Oct-16
400m 1:02.83s 22-Oct-16
200mH 33.67s 22-Oct-16 (+0.Cool
400mH (76.2cm) 1:07.46s 22-Oct-16
200m 27.44s 22-Oct-16 (-2.4)
200m 27.54s 22-Oct-16 (+1.0)

Trevor , have you ever wondered why some athletes with developing bones dont suffer injuries and some do.
These figure are taken off the Athleticssa website so if they are wrong I apologise , please tell me they are wrong.
To have an athlete doing these sort of numbers on one day regardless of wether its a State Comp or not when the athlete is so young is a good way of the athlete not being athletics when they are 18.
Just please tell me these stats are wrong, if they are not then do Lauren a favour and move her on from her present coach.

Trevorpayne

Hi whispers.
Yes the stats are wrong they have included last years state champ times over 3 days with the national times as they where within a week of each other and most of the staff where in Perth for updating the site
And the other times I'm pretty sure is from the all schools where it's set over two day s with heats and finals.
Although there is a lot of events I would imagine most sprinters would run1,2 and 400 maybe not the hurdles as well.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trevorpayne wrote:Hi whispers.
Yes the stats are wrong they have included last years state champ times over 3 days with the national times as they where within a week of each other and most of the staff where in Perth for updating the site
And the other times I'm pretty sure is from the all schools where it's set over two day s with heats and finals.
Although there is a lot of events I would imagine most sprinters would run1,2 and 400 maybe not the hurdles as well.

Cheers Trevor
I just thought I would go onto Athleticssa to see what your daughters work load was like considering her injuries and was astounded with the events that came up with same dates.
Glad you could clarify it.
One concerning thing is I noticed Lauren ran much slower in the final at the Nationals than her heat.Also it looks like her 200m and 400m heat times were faster than her finals in Oct 16 so on face value maybe her training needs an adjustment of some sort as she failing to back up with her second run.Not a good sign if she wants to be a 400m hurdler.
All the best for the rest of the season.

Trevorpayne

I think the occasion got to her in the finals in Perth as it went from a massive PB in the heats to an average time for the final. I don't have an answer for that one as she made good progress over the year improving by over 10sec but to be fair that was her first season so the improvements are bound to be bigger
Regarding all schools I'm not sure what order the events went so I can't give an honest answer as to weather she had to run a long race before a sprint or vice versa, I suppose that's the same for everyone.

There is a pattern for sure but I suppose if you are running hard to qualify over multiple events especially all schools as there are always quite a few that turn up from nowhere and post good times something's going to give.

Trevorpayne

Whispers wrote:
Trevorpayne wrote:Hi I agree

100m 13.58s 13-Feb-16 (+0.Cool
100m 13.47s 13-Feb-16 (+0.1)
200m 27.25s 13-Feb-16 (+0.2)
200m 27.57s 13-Feb-16 (-1.9)
400m 1:01.42s 13-Feb-16
200mH 35.31s 13-Feb-16 (-1.6)
400mH (76.2cm) 1:08.86s 13-Feb-16

400m 1:01.83s 22-Oct-16
400m 1:02.83s 22-Oct-16
200mH 33.67s 22-Oct-16 (+0.Cool
400mH (76.2cm) 1:07.46s 22-Oct-16
200m 27.44s 22-Oct-16 (-2.4)
200m 27.54s 22-Oct-16 (+1.0)

Trevor , have you ever wondered why some athletes with developing bones dont suffer injuries and some do.
These figure are taken off the Athleticssa website so if they are wrong I apologise , please tell me they are wrong.
To have an athlete doing these sort of numbers on one day regardless of wether its a State Comp or not when the athlete is so young is a good way of the athlete not being athletics when they are 18.
Just please tell me these stats are wrong, if they are not then do Lauren a favour and move her on from her present coach.

Sorry whispers I was wrong the top one was state champs the hurdles where one a Friday night and the other events Sat Sun.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum