PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » SAAL Junior Handicapping for Henley - Limits & Novice events

SAAL Junior Handicapping for Henley - Limits & Novice events

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Please note for the first SAAL meet there are three under age race races.

BOYS Under 18's 120m
GIRLS Under 18's 120m
Under 14's 400m

UNDER 18's 120m
Until final nominations are received the limits for the Under 18's 120m events will be left open. At Henley last year the limit was set for 24m.

As the season progressed I needed to lift the limit to accommodate some athletes. At Hectorville there were athletes on 30m (boys) and 32m (girls) in the Under 17's 120m events. Those athletes genuinely needed those marks to be competitive.

Some of these athletes are entered for the Henley Under 18's 120m, so until all entries are finalised I cannot confirm the limit.

The novice mark (for both boys & girls) is 7.50m. This is the starting mark for all athletes who have not previously run with the SAAL AND have no previous top level form for the age group.

If the athlete has featured in the medals at state championship level whether that be ASA and Little Athletics OR SLS beach sprinting,  the handicap will be at the discretion of the handicapper. That's not to say the athlete will be on less than the novice mark, but it has to be relative to the rest of the field.

The other change is that there may not necessarily be an athlete on scratch. At Hectorville the backmarker in the Under 17 boys was Hamish Petherick on 4.75m. If after all entries have been confirmed, Hamish is considered the fastest athlete in the field, he will not be going back to scratch. At worst he will start on his existing mark (as at Hectorville) but more likely probably go forward to 5.00m.

Likewise with the Girl's Under 17's where the backmarkers were on 3.75m (Natassia Messent & Gwen Humphreys, however neither ran at Hectorville).  There is a 'faster' athlete entered for Henley and she will start behind Natassia & Gwen but not necessarily on scratch.  

UNDER 14's 400m
At this stage I have already provisionally handicapped the event based on the 15 entries received thus far. I have used the Under 14's 400m at the last SAAL meet of the season - Pulteney as the base for these marks.

The backmarker will probably be on 10m but depends -  if a 'faster' athlete is added to the field later this week.

The limit will be 60m.

The novice mark for a male is 24m and for a female will be 30m. As at today there were 4 novices entered, 1 male & 3 female.

ENTRIES CLOSE Monday 19th September.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum