PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » More mature Pearson 'moves on' from Dehli

More mature Pearson 'moves on' from Dehli

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 More mature Pearson 'moves on' from Dehli on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/sally-fast-tracking-delhi-behind-her/story-fn6ck6f9-1226002415139

BOUNCE BACK: Sally Pearson has put the disappointment of the Delhi Games behind her. Picture: Anja Niedringhaus, AP Source: The Courier-Mail

Sally fast tracking Delhi behind her

By Rikki-Lee Arnold
Courier Mail
9th February 2011

SALLY Pearson has put the demons of her Delhi disqualification well behind her as she prepares for her most important season.

Since her heartbreaking exit from the Commonwealth Games final last October, Pearson has run only one 100m sprint, at the Gold Coast Glynis Nunn Shield in January, and won it in style.

But on Friday night she will be on a bigger stage against better competitors.

The 24-year-old will compete in the 100m and 200m at the Brisbane Track Classic and is determined to prove how much she has grown. Following her pre-season efforts and performances on the Gold Coast, Pearson said Delhi was long behind her.

"I've grown as an athlete and I've matured," she said yesterday.

"I know I have so much more left in me.

"You just have to move on and learn from your mistakes."

Pearson will now spend the Australian athletics season focusing on the 100m and 200m sprints, leaving the hurdles for the world stage.

Coach Sharon Hannan said Pearson was yet to show the world exactly what she was capable of.

Hannan and Pearson are hoping for outstanding results in Brisbane on Friday night.

"I think she's going to come out and surprise a whole lot of us," Hannan said.

"If we get a day in Brisbane like we had on the Gold Coast, she could run 22sec in the 200m." Pearson's personal best is 23.02.

However, Pearson said her thoughts were not set on her PB, preferring to focus on the race over the times.

"It's always nice to run fast times," she said.

"But I can be quite unpredictable and Sharon knows this just as well as I do. However, she also knows what I can run and doesn't tell me. She has more idea of what I'm capable of."

The confidence in Pearson's camp stems from her consistent performances in training she has not missed a session since November.

Hannan said her fitness had improved, as had her recovery times and strength.

Pearson also said this had been "the best preparation of my senior career so far".

"A couple of years ago I couldn't push myself," she said.

"I've developed maturity in my sport. I am capable of much harder work and pushing myself.

"To win at the world championships in August is my main goal."

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum