PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Athletes Changing Coaches

Athletes Changing Coaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Athletes Changing Coaches on Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 pm

The question is, has there been any athletes that have swapped coaches for the up and coming athletics pre-seaon/new season.
Would be interesting to see where some talented athletes have ended up Very Happy

2 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Mon May 16, 2016 9:13 pm

flashest1

sounds like you might know something, please share or let us know how talented they are?

3 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
With Steve Butler confirming that he has permanently moved to Melbourne, a few of his SA based athletes will be looking for a new squad.

4 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Wed May 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Looks like the 'Vikings' have picked up some Melbourne based athletes as well.

5 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 8:39 am

Baltimore Jack

Any names for us BigWin? I have heard a rumour that 3 of this years Stawell Gift final are now with Vikings. 2 old, 1 new.

6 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 9:38 am

Kangaroota

Exciting that we have been able to expand our squad to Victoria and merge forces with Moving Energy and create @viking_athletics_peninsula . Really excited to work with @mocarter999 @broskelly and @stawellgift finalist @matt.rizzo !

7 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 am

Baltimore Jack

So the athletes aren't moving to the Gold Coast?
They are staying in Melbourne, coached by correspondence?
Matt Carter back in Melbourne?

8 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 10:27 am

Yes the 'Vikings' have picked a few good athletes from the former 'Moving Energy Squad'
But looks like these athletes will still be based down in Melbourne. Is Matt Carter coming back down to take the rains and lead the pack?
But its still very interesting to see thats these two squads have merged together Shocked
Is it the right move? thats my question.

9 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 am

airtight

Sounds like there's a few athletes in Melbourne with zero respect and faith for local coaches. I s'pose if their happy with the arrangement that's up to them. Personally I want my coach to be hands on, based in the same area as the squad. Theres plenty coaches to choose from just as good as those north of the border.
time will tell!

10 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 11:17 am

Kangaroota

What has Melbourne to do with it? We are talking Peninsula which is over an hour away from Melbourne. If the group joined a Melb based coach they would be by correspondence anyway. Vikings have the current runs on the board so why not.

11 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 11:35 am

airtight

Alright then, Victoria. Still only an hour away means the coach could get to see them more often than a coach based in Qld.
My take on it is if you amass 20 very talented sprinters in the one squad you are bound to get very good results. No brainer. Plus they are in Queensland, perfect conditions for training.
And they are away from the VAL pressure cooker so can train away from the gaze of handicappers and stewards.
So makes sense to move to Gold Coast.
Athletes on Peninsula in a different situation. can only assume they will travel to gold coast regularly to get the benefit.

12 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 11:55 am

airtight wrote:Sounds like there's a few athletes in Melbourne with zero respect and faith for local coaches. I s'pose if their happy with the arrangement that's up to them. Personally I want my coach to be hands on, based in the same area as the squad. Theres plenty coaches to choose from just as good as those north of the border.
time will tell!

I personally think its a little harsh and low to be saying that these athletes have 'zero respect' or 'little faith' for Melbourne based coaches.
As said before they are based on a Peninsula so it would hard for them to join a 'Melbourne' based squad

At the end of the day some athletes need a change of environment, so as an athletics community we should all be happy that these athletes are still wanting to run and support athletics for future years to come.

Yes the best thing for an athlete is to have their coach 'hands on' and be watching them evert training but sometimes that isn't possible. But thats a small thing they have to deal with, it all about supporting each other and getting the best out of each athlete.

13 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Robbo

nice one airtight...

We have worked very hard in QLD to create a training environment that our athletes can excel in and you have demonstrated how very little you know about what we are doing by tying to talk it down.

No doubt that multiple good athletes creates a competitive environment but it has a lot more with athlete application than just attending a session with fast people. MWS produced a 10.25 run and the second fastest person in the group at the time was an 11.30 runner and he got there on a significant amount of hard work and dedication.

Your notion about being out of the eyes of the Hpc and stewards is a myth and again is a demonstration that you are not really paying attention. of the five SG finalist I have had in the past 6 years of coaching all athletes have been hit with .5m reduction just for SG (in the case of MSW in 2013 he was not lifted the full Powell Lift). Three of my girls in the 2006 women's gift had a combined penalty of 6m between them. If this is out of the "pressure cooker" environment than there is no wonder you are stressed.

The VIC boys desire to train under my program has little to do with the lack of respect for local coaches and a lot more to do with wanting to run under the same program as Matt Carter who was returning home for personal reasons. Right now they believe that this is the best option for them so I will support them as long as they require my help. We have put a structured 10 session a week program together for them along with a detail medical and therapy plan that will be sponsored by the QLD squad so we are hoping that this can aid their development. Happy for more to join.

Lastly, the weather is beautiful in QLD.. your are correct.

Enjoy the preseason airtight

Robbo

14 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 3:11 pm

airtight

How about your pull your head in Robbo. stop being sensitive and jumping at conclusions.
I wasn't bagging you at all.
You conveniently overlooked this comment: So makes sense to move to Gold Coast.
personally I prefer a coach who is hands on, even if 1hour up the road to a coach interstate. that's all.
I'm allowed my opinion. You don't like it, stiff shit.

15 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Thu May 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Robbo

haha... you're right. I'm the one being sensitive and your not emotional at all. Welcome to your opinion and I cant inform the conversation.

Robbo

16 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Fri May 20, 2016 8:35 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Joel Bee now with JH. Pretty formidable pair - Luke Stevens & Joel Bee together. Could be a pretty exciting season ahead.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

17 Re: Athletes Changing Coaches on Fri May 20, 2016 11:54 am

Admin wrote:Joel Bee now with JH. Pretty formidable pair - Luke Stevens & Joel Bee together. Could be a pretty exciting season ahead.

If these two great athletes can work together, they will definitely bring so much to the athletics table. Really excited to see what they are going to achieve next season What a Face
Goodluck

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum