PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » Coaching & Training » Jim Bradley - Frequency

Jim Bradley - Frequency

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jim Bradley - Frequency on Sun May 15, 2016 7:27 am

Scottmacd1

This post is mainly directed at youngy, but others please feel free to pitch in.

I have recently finished a winter of speedball and circuit training following the Jim Bradley protocol.

I am now into my track phase and have been wondering how often did he have his sprinters run at 100% intensity.

From what I can make it out it appears he had them sprinting full out 6 -7 days a week. Is this correct?

Also, if that was the case have you adapted it over the years in the training of your own athletes i.e adding tempo days
etc?

Many thanks
Scott

2 Re: Jim Bradley - Frequency on Sun May 15, 2016 11:37 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
If you have just come out of the gym phase and now ready for the track you should not be ready to run anything flat out for at least 6 weeks.

During this General Track Condition phase, start at around 60% and over the 6 weeks gradually progress to 100%.

Only in the last week are you now at 100%. Sticking to JB's program it should be a minimum of 4 days but it depends on the athete. Some might handle 6 days, but you need to have faith the athlete will cope with the intensity.

Once you have emerged from the GTC phase you should be ready for the pre-Comp phase of 60's & 80's trials in Week 7. 50/20/50's are still a staple but maybe once per week.

Bear in mind that by Week 7 it becomes a matter of what suits the particular athlete. Some are more robust than others.

Flying 50's become vitally important between the trials as they enable one to practice technique while serving as a respite between the intensity of the trials.

Btw, we start our Gym General Prep tomorrow.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum