PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stewards Report - Stawell

Stewards Report - Stawell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stewards Report - Stawell on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Kangaroota

From the Stewards report for Stawell on VAL website.
"After the final of the 800m Women's event Lauren McHugh was issued with a reprimand for the improvement made on her previous South Australian form compared to her winning time in the women's final"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above does not make sense. It is fair to question the girl but what is the reprimand for? Is the VAL blaming the athlete to cover for their own error?

Lauren last ran an 800m in November. She won it off 110m. She won by 4 seconds with only 4 starters in the event.
She also ran 2nd in womens 1000m before Christmas at Brighton. Off 125m and 2nd in a 550 womens before Christmas.

4 months later she was given 124m at Stawell and romped it in.
A 14m lift in 800m handicap after a win and was given her 1000m SA handicap over 800m. Looks more like handicapper error than improvement.

2 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
2015.............124m...............2.13.9 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

3 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:39 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Kangaroota wrote:From the Stewards report for Stawell on VAL website.
"After the final of the 800m Women's event Lauren McHugh was issued with a reprimand for the improvement made on her previous South Australian form compared to her winning time in the women's final"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above does not make sense. It is fair to question the girl but what is the reprimand for? Is the VAL blaming the athlete to cover for their own error?

Lauren last ran an 800m in November. She won it off 110m. She won by 4 seconds with only 4 starters in the event.
She also ran 2nd in womens 1000m before Christmas at Brighton. Off 125m and 2nd in a 550 womens before Christmas.

4 months later she was given 124m at Stawell and romped it in.
A 14m lift in 800m handicap after a win and was given her 1000m SA handicap over 800m. Looks more like handicapper error than improvement.

HI Kangaroota,Laurens last 800m in SA would have been the Tea Tree Gully meeting

LINK to the results is http://www.saal.org.au/index.php?id=30&meeting=95

Looks like she ran a good 2nd.
Interesting to note that Rose Pittman who finished 3rd at Tea Tree Gully met Lauren on worse terms at Loxton but was able to finish in front of her .Lauren again ran a good second.
Hope the Link to the Tea Tree Gully results help Kanga.

4 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:38 am

Kangaroota

Thankyou Whsipers. TTG was missing from Race Results tab on SA website.
So Lauren ran 2nd off 105m after a win off 110m then went up to 124m for Stawell.
Both Athlete and Handicapper were reprimanded right?

5 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:28 pm

oldman

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Give it a spell Kanga - or I will have to reverse Kanga ya. Everyone needs a bit of R&R to recover from the trauma of stawell

6 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Kangaroota

Oldman if you need a spell then don't bother coming on here. Have your R&R and come back on when you are refreshed. Then see if you can conquer the mighty POD squad.

7 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Good to see Lauren running around the boundary throwing the ball in at the Amatuers , still looking pretty fit as well.

8 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:55 pm

airtight

Hearing from over the border we haven't heard the last of the controversy of the women's 800. Did Lauren cop a penalty from SAAL?

9 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star

Hi Airtight, why should she receive a penalty from SAAL , OTHER than the normal penalty for winning such a race.

Lauren had a most consistant season and will more than likely win the Womens distance Award for the season.
I am anticipating that the only penalty she will receive is what would be normal for winning a race at Stawell winning a race in excess of $500, and breaking ceiling.
Bearing in mind that she already runs off 19m less in SA than in Vic I reckon her starting mark in SA next season would be around 80m.
I think her mark will drop a lot more in Vic than SA as it is off her mark in Vic where she broke ceiling not the SA mark.

10 Re: Stewards Report - Stawell on Tue May 03, 2016 10:09 am

airtight

Don't know. You should talk to your SA stewards and find out.
I'm just repeating a rumour I heard

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum