PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Brighton Open Gift
Today at 2:38 pm by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Today at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Today at 10:35 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 11:54 pm by BadSnowman

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Yesterday at 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Yesterday at 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Maitland trainer Bryan Gulliver critical of Hale's handicap in Stawell Gift

Maitland trainer Bryan Gulliver critical of Hale's handicap in Stawell Gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3811184/handicap-blow-for-newmans-photos/

Maitland trainer Bryan Gulliver critical of Hale's handicap in Stawell Gift

By Michael Hartshorn
Maitland Mercury
March 24, 2016

Maitland sprint trainer Bryan Gulliver has slammed Stawell Gift handicappers for giving Tasmanian teenage sprint sensation Jack Hale an overly generous mark for the world famous race.

Gulliver, who trains Maitland sprint twins Jack and Tom Newman, said handicappers had brought Hale forward to start from 3.25 metres after starting the 120 metre grass-track classic from 2.25 metres last year.

The Stawell Gift, Australia’s most famous foot race, is traditionally held at Easter with runners handicapped on the previous year’s form in sprint events.

“I have no problems with Jack Hale, he is great for the sport, but when he gets a metre lift after running a 10.31 this year you have to ask questions about the handicapping,” he said.

“Especially when Jack has not broken 11 seconds yet and stays at 6.5 metres.

“I have no problems with Jack Hale, he is great for the sport, but when he gets a metre lift after running a 10.31 you have to ask questions about the handicapping. - Maitland athletics trainer Bryan Gulliver”

“You can run eight metres in 0.7 of a second, so that’s already a four metre advantage and now they bring him a metre closer.

“I’d say with that mark they have virtually guaranteed Hale a spot in the final on Monday and a very good chance at winning the $40,000 first prize.”

Gulliver said he would seek a review of the 18-year-old twins’ marks, with Tom also unchanged this year at 7.25m, but did not expect any joy.

He said given their handicaps making the semi-final in the Gift would be a good result.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

chopper

Hale 10.31, 21.27 off 3.25
Capobianco 10.36, 20.39 (his 1991 PB's) off 2.25. Capo all time 10.26 and 20.18. He ran 21.02 the week before Stawell
Ran 12.29 Stawell final in less than ideal conditions

I think Hale has a fair mark. He will need to be as good as Capo!

Newman's 1st and 2nd in Quenbeyan Gift as 16 year olds. Only 18. Clearly talented. Im not certain of recent results. Difficult for the handicapper to be confident.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum