PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Euroa Gift

Euroa Gift

Who wins Euroa?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 10 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
7% 7% [ 5 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
7% 7% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 6 ]
10% 10% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
12% 12% [ 9 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 73

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Euroa Gift on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Mex

From one side of the state to the other, this week we move the caravan of courage to Euroa. Either a couple of lucky athletes or a credit was owed. Who are the chances?

2 Re: Euroa Gift on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am

airtight

Now that Geelong flushed out some easter bunnies, not too many chances left to lock in a mark.
Stawell lift for Ararat now 0.25m. That makes the last three auto lifts are all 0.25 for Euroa, Bendigo, Ararat.
Will Matt Rizzo try to win this or wait for Bendigo, worth 2k more?
Probably better to be safe and take Euroa than wait for Bendigo which will be harder to win.

3 Re: Euroa Gift on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 pm

GLPR

final

brittain
rizzo
paull
magree
whittaker
hughes

winner hughes

4 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 am

vicoutsider

The final will look something like this:

Kevin Brittain 7 - Looking better every week as he get's closer to his form from a couple years ago.

Matthew Rizzo 7.25 - This kid can run, based on his 11.17 from scratch at stonnington u20, he will run about 12.5, which will be more than enough to win Euroa.

Liam Shepherd 8 - Has been running well, albeit limited, looking like he's waiting for Stawell, but will make final here if he runs.

Ryan Camille 8.5 - surprising to see him on the track again and running well already. Did well at Stonnington, could make final.

Noddy Angelakos 9.5 - impressive in the semi at Keilor running a close 2nd to Sanders-Millera.  

Lachlan Taylor 10 - has been knocking at the door of a gift, could this be the one?

Craig Foley 11.25 - Will be focusing on the 70 for the rest of the year one would think, though would final here despite the 1.25m pull.

Darren Whittaker 12.25 - Can win, though won't. My tip for Bendigo. Will podium here.

Final
Brittain
Rizzo
Shepherd
Camille
Angelakos
Taylor
Foley
Whittaker

Rizzo to win

5 Re: Euroa Gift on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:12 pm

Mex

It was the night before Euroa and all through the house the only question worth asking was who will turn up? Sorry, I never could rhyme. I will, as always, speak about the top vote getters and why they can or can't win but I am not sure that a couple of them will turn up. Let's take a look.

Matthew Rizzo 7.25m (14%) - You may recall that I mentioned him last week and did he not perform? He has enough to win and if he turns up he does just this. The question I would have for him and his trainer is do you win a gift before the end of this year, take an extra quarter to Stawell and maybe make a final? Or do you not turn up tomorrow, run at Bendigo where the pace is usually on keep the mark in the bank and wait for a metre lift early next season? I would wait for the later however this only works if the bonus system stays in place. Time will tell I guess.

Darren Whittaker 12.25m / Luke Mitchell 12.5m (8%) - Whittaker is a definite chance in every gift he runs. His mark has stayed about the same for a while now but you feel a big win is just around the corner. I would suggest that he will run a warm up in the 70m and judge by who is there as to if he runs the gift. Ran very well last week so is in form. Not sure he will take a small one over a potential Bendigo. He has shown his patience over the last couple of years and I think he will probably wait for a bigger one. I would like to see him win what he has been chasing for a while now. A big gift. Luke Mitchell is a young runner with what is now a good mark. He will not challenge the gift podium any time soon, but will creep out a bit further before he develops his strength. Chance for next season maybe.

Vic Sharma 13m / Tim Rosen 13.25m (10%) - Sharma has shut up shop for this season in the gift racing as evident by his poor run at Yarra Ranges. He did not set the world on fire at Geelong either. Does he have one more trick up his sleeve? Yes, watch for him on Easter Sunday. Rosen has had a good year no doubt, winning when he wanted and then when no one else wanted to. Starting on a big mark he did the winter work to suggest that he could compete regularly with the big boys. I feel that he will not win this week but may make the final depending on scratchings.

Jonathon Rogers 15m / David Trudgian 15.75m (12%) - Rogers turned up last week and surprised me. He ran everything including the egg and spoon race at Geelong. He looked fit compared to earlier. I still think he is a bit of a plodder, but a very handy half metre lift may put him in the final. Realistically there are other athletes who could win instead of him, but being in front he may run away with it and he would probably be more than happy to do so. I will watch the results with interest here. Trudgian was beaten by Rogers last week, so I think the votes are not for him.

Looking at entries there are a number of guys who have shown some form and could take this one (Rizzo, Tiu, Paull, Shepherd, Brittain, Taylor, the list goes on). I am not sure they will all turn up though. Good luk and drive safe.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum