PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Vale - Campbell Lyon (Famous Alva Games)

Vale - Campbell Lyon (Famous Alva Games)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Vale - Campbell Lyon (Famous Alva Games) on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:29 pm

mwebster

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
To each and every athlete and trainer from Australia that has been to the Famous Alva Games and have met and talked to Life President, Campbell Lyon, you will, I am sure, send our collective condolences to his wife Margaret and family on their sudden loss.

I am sure that each and everyone of us has a great story of our times in Alva and of our meeting with Campbell.

Mine was special to me, as I was the first "non local" to be bestowed the honor of "Guest of Honor" for the games back in 2010.

Campbell was not too sure as to who I was and why I was there, but after the "ice was broken" we had a great day together.

I remember vividly about half way through the program, Craig Dunbar tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that my presence was required in the secretary's shed.

I proceeded to the shed only to find Campbell there sitting on a chair at the table and next to him was two empty glasses and a full bottle of some fine single malt.

He asked "Do you enjoy a wee dram or two" and of course I said that I did. Well after a lot of discussions over his life and my short life, there was not too much left in the bottle when I headed out to start some races later in the day.

When the games were all over, many of the committee, myself and Diane Webster, retreated to the local hotel for some "supper". Again more of Scotland's finest was taken and when it was time to leave, both Diane & myself felt like we were part of Alva now.

I know that I said to Campbell that we would be back here again one day and we will, I will always remember this remarkable gentleman who had a lust for life and a love of the Famous Alva Games.

Vale, Campbell Lyon

2 Re: Vale - Campbell Lyon (Famous Alva Games) on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:21 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
Correct Weight!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum